Reviews for Small medium, large headache
The Author chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Hi, this is the author speaking. Damn: just realised that in "Feet of Clay", the watch already has such a thing as a Code 23: this is "running at people screaming "asaaargh!" and waving an axe at knee level". Damn...
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
And o! my burning feet of fire!
Commanderjc chapter 3 . 10/13/2010
Nice little story. Interesting how many more modern tactics and such you worked into the story (Interpol made me pause a little...).

But why can't I see the Wizards in this as anything other than Mages from Nanoha...?
1Thunderfire chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Well, you are definitely a Discworld fan judging by your pen name.

Anyway, this is a deliciously dark tale of woe and Mrs Cake and spirits and the probability of the Dungeon Dimensions! Nice work.
igbogal chapter 3 . 5/13/2010
Now that I've reached the end of this, I'm confronted with that old problem that follows a good story: I can't pick a favorite part, because there were so many good bits. The Lovecraft references were cool, and the man himself is surely smiling somewhere. The dwarf battle cry was a cute touch, too. You even threw in an old factoid I vaguely remember hearing on the history channel, about the weird Victorian phobia around exposed table legs... All in all, this tale was a delectable mix of drama, action, interestiing footnotes, and humor. Which leads me to another end-of-story habit, the desire for the author to live forever. ;)
cklammer chapter 3 . 5/5/2010
What makes us different makes us stronger. In Ankh-Morpork one always finds somebody who can and will do.

Wow, excellent chapter.

As the chapter progressed I was waiting for Sergeant Detritus and his bow - but I think urban redevelopment was not on the agenda at this time. But the Dwarves did well - only slower.
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 3 . 5/5/2010
Here we go, here we go...legend, are all dwarfs mentally england fans? Susceptible to violence, love drinking, am I the only one who sees the parallels?
cklammer chapter 2 . 9/15/2009
Stopping with a cliffhanger again, I see. Bad habit, that - you are watching too much TV, most likely :)

An super chapter - exceedingly well written. I feel right inside the action, super.
cklammer chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
What a nice plot - a magical police novel. Not that we did not have them in the canon already but this feels different/better, somehow.

I love it.
igbogal chapter 2 . 9/14/2009
I just loved Ridcully in this chapter! It was cool that in the midst of all that tension, he took time out for a kind of 'male bonding moment' with Ponder. Though this is an adventure story, the part where Ponder is mentioned in the Archchancellor's will made me go 'aw' in spite of myself ;) The Ghostbusters reference really takes me back, and now I wonder if the explosion was caused by the good guys or the bad...hope you can update soon (and that you get heaps more reviews)!
igbogal chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
This is off to a very promising start. It must be difficult to maintain the right balance of action and detail in a story, but you've done a good job of it here (I loved the description of Mrs. Cake in her Carmen Miranda hat). You even provided the opportunity to learn interesting new verbs, like 'to wot'. It looks like the Watch will soon need to devote a whole department to Mrs. Cake to handle all the bothersome psychic hoo-hah that keeps cropping up. Rookies would quickly learn that being put on 'Cake duty' isn't as nice as it sounds ;) Anyway, nice job!