Reviews for The Vizier
RowanMoon chapter 4 . 5/16/2010
Beautifully rendered, touching scene with Juliet and Richard at the end.
RowanMoon chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
It's official. I. Love. Your. Writing. Style. So easy to read, and your characters are very well developed. Richards' introspection was brilliantly done. My husband and I downloaded all 6 seasons to start watching it from the beginning again. I'm absolutely loving it. We are in the middle of seasob 5. Very trippy intense season.

You need to write more of these! You have a great handle on Richard...is he your favorite character?
ImLostForever chapter 5 . 4/1/2010
wow! i really like this! you captured the jacob- richard relationship extremely well, though i cant really imagine richard: a. smoking b. being 41! oh well.
AllieMcD chapter 5 . 2/25/2010
I love this story, I find the Richard and Jacob dynamic so interesting and exciting to read, and I like seeing their friendship and serious Jacob's more silly zombie motion to try to cheer up Richard that was very sweet and I hope you write more with them in it
KittyKatZorse chapter 5 . 2/24/2010
Are you going to update soon?

Please please do, love your stories!
DixieDrugStore chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Yes, I've found it!

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed this chapter. I can't agree with your Richard characterization in the following chapters (he is evil. He is), but this one is simply perfect. Your language is so evocative and assured and your Richard made me laugh - the part when he's taken for a child predator is hilarious.
Ilayda chapter 5 . 10/14/2009
Wow, I love it! I really liked Jacob and Richards interactions, really well written! :)
abcdefg1 chapter 5 . 10/14/2009
Oh.

I'm madly in love with your Jacob. He's caring, funny and omniscient.

It was interesting that this chapter delivered much more insight into Richard's thoughts than the previous ones.

Richard finding solace in the jungle - very IC.

The Jacob-Richard-interactions were ... great. Could I possibly see any influence there? :)

I'll quote my favourite lines and give a few tiny remarks via email.

So, thank you for writing and publishing!
Marla's Lost chapter 5 . 10/13/2009
Nice
Chet Gecko chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
ACK! I was trying to incorporate some of Sputty's suggestions on the interaction between Ben and Richard and totally messed up Chapter four. It will be back online after work. Sorry.
Ilayda chapter 4 . 9/19/2009
I loved it! Great chapter. I love your writing style. I felt really bad for Richard, and Jacob's letter actually made me cry...As a mom, I really felt for Richard not being there for his kids and watching them grow up, that's really very sad. The thought of being taken from my family really gets me. I'm such a softee.
abcdefg1 chapter 4 . 9/18/2009
Oh, wow. I loved it.

As always, I'll tell you what I liked and what I found weird.

Let's start with the good things:

- the overall story and, more than in the last chapters, your writing style.

- some really funny lines, and some that just *fit*

- Richard's characterization - even more plausible than before

- Ben was terribly IC (except for: see below)

The weird things:

- How come Ben contradicts something Jacob has ordered?

- Juliet's response on Richard bumping into her seems a bit out of place (but well, she is upset, so maybe it's similar to Richard's burst in chap3)

- I've asked myself why Jacob would write such a letter to Richard, but I kind of understood in the end that Richard needs to know his great-...-grand-daughter for everything to work.

You know where to get details of my points, if you want to :)

Again, thank you for writing this fic - waiting for chap5 now!
Ilayda chapter 3 . 9/13/2009
Great chapter. I really liked how you showed Richards grief for losing his family and previous life. So sad. :(

And Jacob, I loved him! You made him very cryptic, which is how I see him as being. He told just barely enough, he brought the plane, but didn't make it crash that was technically Desmond's fault. Ha, that was good!

The Spanish was great, it really fit in very well.

I feel bad for Richard, when Jacob told him he wouldn't always have him.

Great job!
abcdefg1 chapter 3 . 9/13/2009
Oh Jacob. Gotta love him.

I liked how he filled the whole room without even talking much.

Loved the dialogue: "You're lying." "Yes. Yes, I am." So many ways of tone, meaning, feeling.

Also loved: "No ... Yes ... No. I mean, did you?"

Confused!Richard is cute.

Yay for Jacob announcing his departure. Poor Richard will be so alone, it even bothers me in canon.

Also yay for Spanish and Latin. It fits just right.

Criticism:

- Sometimes, it was a bit hard to understand who's talking. As I've always waited for Jacob's reply, I was mislead a few times.

- I would have liked some explanation for Jacob's appearance. Just because Richard called? Or did he want to say something (important)?

- Richard (verbally) attacking Jacob? Astonishing.

I certainly hope you'll elaborate on their relationship. But if you don't, it'll probably also be fine.

Looking forward to chap 4.
abcdefg1 chapter 2 . 9/12/2009
Another well-written chapter.

Your Richard is not the one I see in him, but that's okay. He is plausible.

Again, the story retells canon and fills in the little gaps. This way of writing is difficult, but you manage so impressively.