Reviews for WineDark
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
Oh, my. This is really, really good.
riverrat chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
Nicely written. You do have a way with words.
MinervasBibliophage chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
You rock at life. This was amazing. I loved how you juxtaposed Severus and Odysseus in the beginning, and especially how you used the Greek counterpart of Minerva's Roman namesake to expand it. You are awesome, and you make me love MM/SS more and more with each story.
Devilish Twinz chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Umm..more then I needed to know...but the poetry was beautiful
Librasmile chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Wow! This was beautiful. I was going to pen a reply to your review of my "Confessions of a Cornwall Grad" but I wanted to stop by and visit your profile first.

I loved your descriptions of Snape and your use of mythology and Shakespeare. The "divinity" line is one of my favorites from Hamlet, my all time favorite play. And while I'm not well versed in the Odyssey (had to read it in school; remember only the overview not the details) I think the comparison to Snape is inspired.

This was a pleasure to read. Thank you!

P.S. Have you read Robert Grave's Greek Mythology or The White Goddess at all? You might like his take on Athena.
Sophia Anya Lee chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
I love this - honestly. I don't really ship MMSS unless it's angst-y or just platonic, but this fic, it's got that magical touch to it ... just so short but perfect.

Okay, I'm babbling.

I specially liked the first two lines, it made me crack up. XD

BRILLIANT. 3
The Winterwitch chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
This is absolutely awesome! I do love drabbles very much, too, and for the same reason as you. As well, in German language a drabble is always exactly 100 words long, no matter which fandom.
maenadd chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
Your writing draws me in particular because of your ability to be so emotionally potent, so darkly poetic …and in just a few lines. Each sentence, each paragraph is "calorically dense," packing in rich tidbits and juicy human complexities. I also enjoy that you fearlessly challenge unexamined paradigms in such a savory, and perhaps calculating, way.
Bergere chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
I just read the Odessey (In french, yes, but still...) and so... Well, I'm glad I saw the references. Plus, it's nicely made and well written. And really good...

But well, I ought to go to sleep (even though the rosy-fingered dawn, daughter of the morning, isn't someone I usually see!)
aptasi chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Ah, you're right. With you drabbles are like poetry. As always, a skillful job with especially wonderful use of language this time (although I've always found you to be effective with plot as well).
She's Not Here chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Nicely done. And I do so prefer reading your mythology to Edith Head's. :) I managed only the silghtest panic and flash back to 9th grade when I read your intro!

"Human things, yet there is magic in them, and in him, and in her." I love what you write because each line is full. It says more than you will think is there. And your stories keep talking to me even after I have read them.
calicogoat chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
Two words: Completely Brilliant.
moira of the mountain chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
Just a little what-not you threw together, no doubt? Gods, woman is there no end to the things you are able to do with a turn of phrase... I am humbled...

Moira
Kiss-This2010 chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
this is positively beautiful. you have such a gift. ive read the odyssey and had never even thought about comparing the two, but you did such a wonderful job. thanks for sharing!