Reviews for The Missing Piece
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
I like how Andrew doesn't refer to his wife by name in the telegram, just as 'requesting her mother'. It shows the distance and tension between them. We see very little interaction between Gertrude and Robin in the book, I like your portrayal of it here and the understanding the Gertrude has of their mother. I like how Robin shows this hard resolve that actually lets us see how she's related to her mother. She runs into Irene! I didn't see that coming. Good work with smiling acidity.

Very excellent job with the relationship and dialogue between Robin and Andrew. The initial awkwardness and tension, how they still turn to one another, and how they eventually confess what they still feel toward one another was all excellently carried out. Great job filling in the snatches of dialogue that Jane hears from the sick room. Good and authentic detail about how all Jane's friends were lurking around Lantern Hill hoping for some word of her. This was effective and well-written and I enjoyed how you showed how it was both about parental love for Jane and the relationship between Robin and Andrew.
JoAnna47 chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
Nice story, but there's one problem. Jane's full name is Jane Victoria, not Victoria Jane. That's pretty clear throughout the book. Otherwise, though, it's great!