Reviews for Loyalty
FireDragonX23 chapter 19 . 3/24
Good chapter
Demon King Piccolo chapter 19 . 3/19
Many reviewers mentioned this already, but I'll add mine in too: Seeing this update is better than Christmas.

So far, you're handling her post-Suna travels very well and, as always, I'm eager to see what happens next. In my last review, I singled out the rain ninja hunt and fight as particularly special in showing Sakura's personality, growth, and abilities; I felt it was one of the prominent parts of the story in fleshing out Sakura's character.

I don't expect the Kurotsuchi fight to showcase Sakura's growth as much (since it came directly after the Suna meeting), but I am nonetheless eager to see how Sakura handles this new challenge this time.

Thank you for the update!
Domino.necklace chapter 19 . 3/19
I'm so happy this was updated! I love the chapter, and was very impressed with how you dealt with Sakura getting out of this situation (Well, she's not quite out yet...) Anyway, I'm glad that you stay consistent and don't overpower Sakura to get her out of tough situations. Great chapter!
RawrGoesDaDino chapter 19 . 3/18
Welcome back! Hope you had a great time while you were training for the Air Force!

And thank you for the chapter! I always looks forward to your updates (even though it has been awhile).

I honestly want to see another cool fight scene with Sakura using her brain to maybe guess and strategize against her enemy. Or just being badass with her brain. (I always thought it was so stupid and strange that half of the events in Naruto happened purely based on luck and emotions and 'friendship', rather than rational and cool thinking. That's never how a real country works (I hope). In the military, if you disobey your commanders orders, like Naruto has done too many times to count, you're done. What Naruto and Tsunade and others have done would have risked so many people for stupid reasons, had too many random variables, and weren't really well thought out). I also really liked how you fleshed out the governments of the various countries and their power relations, and how you explained the reasoning behind various characters actions and thoughts. Your detail to people and places also made reading 'Loyalty' more than something to shallowly enjoy and forget.

(I'm so sorry I went on a huge rant. I got carried away. Um, no offense if you're a hardcore Naruto fan. And I'm sorry for wasting your time with that huge block of text.)

Anyways, again, thanks for the update!
Vitae Scholae chapter 19 . 3/18
Really awesome to see this updated!

It's one of those rare fanfics where the story and the characters feel realistic enough that i really care about the protagonists success and failure. Looking forward to future chapters :) One thing i wondered about, didn't her shoulder pop, and her arm go numb, in the fight? It wasn't mentioned afterwards, and she seemed to be fighting on with zero difficulty.
idk chapter 19 . 3/17
Glad to hear you are doing well in the Air Force.
One word, awesome. Sakura's character development is really nicely done and your portrayal of Orochimaru amazes me because, to be honest?, you are the first author (I came across) writing Sakura and not making him out to be some disgusting slimy bastard. Again that surprised me due to most stories being quite shallow and taking many occurences in Naruto at face value and then actually incorporating it here, a fanfiction site, in their stories so that I cannot help but really have the urge to bash my head against the nearest counter. Though I was hoping for more Team 7 (including Kakashi of course. It is sad most do not consider him part of the team although he was their official sensei.) moments/scenes sometime soon. Think you could do that. I'd honestly appreciate this due to mine enjoying their interactions immensely (provided they are not some nonsensical shallow "thingies" or heavy bashings with no reason).
Thanks for the work and I look forward to the next chapter.
You're a fantastic writer, and as a reader, i can only be selfish and be glad that yiou have time for it at your base.

Another awesome chapter, once again. I'm usually the type to rush through or even fly over the action scenes, but i got totally absorbed in yours. I think a lot of it has to do with you interweaving sakura's internal analysis of the whole situation - of each, or almost each, action calculated. And you show us that they're calculated. I love that. And i love that sakura is like that.

I'm looking forward to your next update ]
KasonSama chapter 19 . 3/14
You have no idea the completely inhuman noise I made when I saw this fic was finally updated! and what a great chapter too, I cant wait for more, watching Sakura grow and learn new things is always fun.
Anarade Relle chapter 19 . 3/14
Congratulations on being happy with your job. You mentioned improving your writing... Well, over the course of the story you've improved quite a bit. I don't really see any real issues with your prose so really it's just a matter of refinement (It's silly to say 'you can't get any better' because a writer is never truly happy with anything they produce :p) and increasing your writing rate three hundred percent since I get to be the self-important reader and make demands (while ignoring that you have to do actual work). ;) In anycase I'm glad the story is back! That long cliffhanger was a bitch to get suffer through.

I liked how Sakura turned the entire situation around with that little Katon trick. Tricks like that and grasping "small" opportunities like that to drastically change the outcome of a ninja fight... That's the stuff I find most interesting in a Naruto-fiction that doesn't follow the Shoenen practice of overpowered techniques being slung around willy-nilly and superpowered!characters etc etc.
wise guys and thugs chapter 19 . 3/13
Amazing chapter, as always. Good luck at your new job!
Yay! New chapter.
Thank you.

/grammar nazi
As improvements go - I noted that all capitols and capitals were in proper places ;)
/grammar nazi
outlawpoet chapter 19 . 3/13
Love this story, glad to see it continued. Great to see Iwa characters mixed in, they are often neglected in fics, which is a shame, since they're so amazingly cool. Disregarding Plot Armor and Prophecies, the Tsuchikage has a serious claim on being the most powerful ninja in the world: ancient, half dead and protecting four other people, he still managed to blow a hole in Madara's chest *straight through* a fully manifested Susanoo, and only failed because Madara was an immortal resurrection at the time. (Madara claimed the Rinnegan let him absorb all techniques, but all such powers seem to require time to set up unless you run them standalone, hence the Paths of Pein, and Dust Release is essentially instant and appears to have no range limit, Mu and Onoki were dueling with it at seemingly miles). It's never been clear to me why Onoki didn't simply kill him the instant he forced Tobi to turn him back into a normal living person.

Anyway Kurotsuchi is awesome, and her dad is a tragically underused character (Earth Ramparts the size of the Gedo Statue by HIMSELF!) and I can only hope somebody learns how to fly in this story. Although at this point, Sakura getting home at all is looking like a bigger and bigger task. Glad you're in a good place with your service. My brother has a lot of down time in the Marines too, I keep telling him he should do something productive, but he spends most of his time playing video games. You're a great writer.
Flip Ants chapter 19 . 3/13
Firstly: imagine a full grown male fist pumping and spinning in his chair because one of his favourite stories has been updated.

Sakura is SHARP. Her fight against Kurotsuchi is astounding because of how brutally efficient she is and I appreciated the difference between Kurotsuchi's brovado-laden, shounen-manga-ish fighting style and Sakura's get-the-job-done approach.

This is the first story I've read where Kurotsuchi has been anything more that a vague cocky-girl background figure and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

One last observation: you manage to make every punch and every kick count. Many authors tend to gloss over the 'boring bits' of a fight but using short-cuts like 'they exchanged blows for five minutes'. You describe fights where there ARE no boring bits and I love you for it.
Hinatafanboy chapter 19 . 3/13
Hey this was a nice update on my Birthday. Thanks much one of my favorite stories. Glad to see that your back.
Michi-Dae chapter 19 . 3/13
I feel like I'm reading Uncle Martin again, waiting for the winter that never comes. In this case, Sakura that never gets to Konoha. Don't get me wrong, I love the way you write, this IS the best Sakura-turned-traitor fanfic. But it takes to long to be updated. Of course you have your life so Im not really expecting you to stop it to attend to my wims. Still. Love it. Can't wait to see how she's going to be treated when she gets back. I JUST KNOW people won't be throwing flowers and singing her praises. After all, ninja are dangerous and prone to mistrust, I miss Kakashi. kisses