Reviews for Loyalty
Beyogi chapter 3 . 4/8/2013
Well... I wonder if the Hokage or Danzo has an idea what is going on and simply use Sakura to feed them wrong information. Or if she's really a spy for real. I wonder when the first Sakura "Die Kyuubi" event happens. Will it be the sound bridge or in the forest of death...

Thank you for writing this captivating story,
Beyogi
Beyogi chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Wow... I feel sorry for Sakura. That's definitly a trial by fire for her. Blackmailed like that... and considering it's Kabuto he's not just bluffing. He definitely has a failsafe. I've got no particular love for Konoha, but Sound is even worse. In our universe I'd call Konoha evil. In that universe they're actually the good guys. Strange how things happen.

Anyway, great story so far, thank you for writing,
Beyogi
Dustii chapter 13 . 4/1/2013
I really like this story! I totally have a thing for Sakura-centric / character development stories, and this is most certainly one of them. I have to say I was completely floored when you killed off Hinata - I was so convinced that Sakura would save her. But this is far more likely and I just know it will take her character into new uncharted territory! Now that she's in Suna and meeting with the Sound ninjas, I can't wait to find out what her next move will be. Update soon please!
Samaaskylar chapter 13 . 4/1/2013
A somewhat symbolic 369? It immediately caught my attention and I think it was quite intentional.

I like how you portrayed the poverty in Suna during that time, first from the limited stuff we knew from the nurse to Sakura walking the streets. Few lines they were, but sets a good visualization of the setting in the Sand village at that time.
It's also something most people tend to over-look. The economic state of a village is just as important as any other military related aspect. At that time, Suna must've suffered a lot.

Then those three paragraphs of Sakura pondering the scars. They were done beautifully and for me, they stood out the most. As we see great, unhinted, character development.
At the beginning the idea of scars disgusted her because kunoichi aren't supposed to have scars, and that she probably wanted to stay appealing to Sasuke, or on a general term. Now she recognizes scars as a remainder of her heroic survival, and prefers they never fade.

Another memorable development is the way she dealt with Hinata's death. As it came very unexpected and gut-wrenching. Both to the reader and herself, -which is a great thing in and of itself since you managed to connect our emotions to her and the things she felt are what we felt. Opposed to us for example, knowing Hinata was dead all along and just wait for Sakura to figure it out. This way, it almost seems as if we're growing up together-, and it felt very realistic and shows a way for another skin that Sakura has to shed.

In sense of that those whom dealt with death are different from those who didn't. Taking in account that no matter how intelligent or smart Sakura is, she's still a child. And being on a close proximity of something you want badly and not getting after quite the struggle was for me at least, to show the still-lingering kid inside Sakura. You managed to present it all coated with a mature experience that will inevitably take its toll on her.

During the battle, it was barely remembered, but when it ended, it hit you that damn, she's just a twelve year old.

In this chapter we see Sakura's ability being taken further and will only be going that way. Intellectually rivaling someone of Kidomaru's stature as an analytic fighter is a feat to be respected and recognized since I believe she's got the brains to surpass him. Just give her few years.

I hope you don't abandon this because there is so much potential. So much that could happen. Perhaps a Chiyo/Sakura early meeting. Acquiring a knowledge of poisons and a way to encounter them that, likely, to affect a future fight between her and Kabuto, and many other things that could not be listed due to the countless amount of potential plot twists that this plot could undertake.

I honestly didn't read any of your other fics but you have quite the reputation for not finishing what you start. So again, I hope this doesn't get abandoned. It deserves so much better than that, and no one else could easily come and pick it up. You have a very good grasp on Sakura that not many seem to have and a unique way of characterization and writing. You should keep this level of delivering.
animagirl chapter 13 . 4/1/2013
It would be awesome if Sakura discovers the truth about Itachi and she meets up with him and he teaches her to fight and she goes on a mission to kill Orichimaru(What do you think?) I like your story- could you have a bit of Sasuke, Naruto and Kakashi's POV. I hope they have bonds with Sakura or I will just feel sorry for her if no-one cares what happens to her. Update soon:) I love your storyXD
Miss Chocolat chapter 13 . 4/1/2013
So very glad to see your return to the land of fanfiction Radical. An
fangirl-4-ever-xx chapter 13 . 3/30/2013
Wow , starting reading this today and couldn't put it down! The skill you show in this fanfic is amazing! Thank you for sharing this masterpiece with us!
skipbeataddict chapter 13 . 3/30/2013
The beginning confuses me. Is that going to be explained later on?
Bianka2207 chapter 13 . 3/28/2013
Probably the best Sakura-centric fic I've ever read. Nice to see that she isn't overpowered and makes use of her brain and resources instead.

I'm not going to pretend to know much about spywork, but your descriptions seem fairly realistic.

Hinata actually being dead came as a surprise, and I like the game between Sakura and Kidomaru in this chapter. Sakura's pretty impressive. Although my favorite moment's got to be her fight with the Rain-nin, from an action point of view. From a non-action point of view I've gotta nominate Sakura talking Danzo out of killing her. That was pretty awesome.

Keep up the good work.
Samaaskylar chapter 9 . 3/27/2013
I can't believe only one person pointed that out! The Minister is obviously Orochimaru. I knew since the moment he 'caressed' Sakura's arm. The schooled expressions, the ghostly feel of his touch, the coldness and backing her up with her lie. It's all so clear it's him.

This story is very unique and you should continue. But I have a little query. At the beginning it was made such a big deal, Sakura's fear of Naruto and the Kyubi but then it was tuned down without any explanation or inner thoughts from Sakura since everything is seen from her point of view. You should mention that. But I still don't know since I should continue reading to the next chapters.

However, I couldn't help but point out Orochimaru in disguise.
For Spite chapter 13 . 3/26/2013
This updating again was a most pleasant surprise. I can't decide if they killed that nurse for her liver or because Sakura finally passed on (I recall Suna does have a jutsu that reanimates someone at the cost of a life, though it might have to be the life of the one using the jutsu).

As always, it's nice to see a Naruto fic with well-written dark political undercurrents and Sakura doing one of the few things she excelled at in canon- using her ability to notice and exposit on the importance of details. It's something that should have been more vital but she only got to use to explain things after other people noticed them most of the time.

Also, I like your character work on the Sound Four here. They're a sort of functional style of dysfunctional, which doesn't make any sense but there you have it. They work together and they make it work, but they're also rife with conflicts. Kidoumaru is the perfect person to have interacting with Sakura since he prides himself on his analytic mind.
Lori chapter 13 . 3/26/2013
My god... I can't express how happy I am that you updated. I freaking love this story to bits. I'm especially curious about why Orochimaru is interested in keeping Sakura around. IMO, the story/character development in here is absolutely awe inspiring. Seriously, I'm completely enraptured with your writing. Keep on going! This story is just so wonderful so I hope to everything that's good in the world that you don't give up on this. Honest to goodness, I really wished that this story was reviewed more because it really does deserve some recognition. Hope to see more from you... no matter how long the wait. LOL.
musicaltunes chapter 13 . 3/26/2013
loving it! one of my favourite stories is back :)
Guest chapter 13 . 3/25/2013
I'm so glad to see that you're still working on this story! Love it and the new chapter is awesome. I can't wait to see what Orochimaru wants. Keep up the good work!
Higanbana.4 chapter 13 . 3/25/2013
Thank you for the update. The new characters are fun.
431 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 .. Last Next »