Reviews for Wisdom To Know The Difference
Guest chapter 1 . 9/18/2015
I love you sir. You've got as much respect in my eyes as j k r. She's better but you are as high I could place anyone after her and Rick and that's something... at least for me. Beautiful.. And heartbreaking
Guest chapter 1 . 9/15/2015
Sad beautiful and vicious. I love you. Jo would love you too
ladygem chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I think this was the first daydverse one-shot I ever read, and it's still one of my favorites. The characterization on both sides is perfect and I can't pass up a good McGonnagal fic.
Maran Zelde chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
This one-shot does explain why no one gave Neville and Ernie water and food when they were chained to the wall. I don’t know why Snape didn’t announce that there was a shield charm around the boys, but whatever (I do think Snape should have “accidentally” forgotten to place the shield charm). I love that Ginny had to take Seamus’s wand to keep him from doing anything that could have gotten him in trouble, too.

McGonagall does a fairly good job explaining why she and the other real professors didn’t do more to help. In that situation, not helping was still far better than actively hurting. It doesn’t make it any less frustrating, though.
amazingtofu chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Seamus. I love how Ginny takes his wand. Because he would've done something destructive.

McGonagall is one of those teachers who understands exactly what students need. They don't need a best friend, they don't need cruelty. Students always respect teachers that are fair, have backbone, and are honest with them. McGonagall is all of those things based on principle. Which is good for Gryffindor.

And I think it's good that Seamus got detention. Because above all, McGonagall is a teacher and even if the school is screwed up, there has to be some sort of normalcy.
sammyfish chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Very powerful. Well done :)
StEpPiNg StOnEs chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Whoa. This was just...this was amazing. I think you portrayed both characters beautifully. I love how outraged and passionate Seamus was and how unaffected he was by McGonagall's tone. I love her memories-how they are all faces. You also did a wonderful job with description-I could see it all. I could see Neville and Ernie; I could see the office; I could see her scars on her arms; I could picture Seamus through her eyes.

Just beautiful :)

However, there was one point I was confused about-when Seamus wrote Justin's name in the room. I don't understand the significance of that or even why Snape would be bothered by that.
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
Beautiful, I mean horrible and tragic but there are so many wonderful wonderful perspectives to live through in this story that (I mean the whole DAYDverse of course) and I love them all so so much.
Danwea chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
This is brilliant. I love how its showing the darkness in Seamus that later over comes him in Slaugh.

Beautifully written as always!
Bergere chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
I was deply touched! Really!
LisaT chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
This is gorgeous. I've always regretted the relative lack of Minerva in the original DA-story, and it's really nice to see you starting to pad that out.

Britpicks- the word 'ma'am' is rarely used at ANY time in the UK/Ireland, and certainly not in a school environment. Seamus might forget himself and say 'Miss' as an alternative title to 'Professor', but he's unlikely to use 'ma'am'.

Similarly, it would be 'Miss Weasley' and never, EVER 'Ms Weasley'. Perhaps a younger professor might use it, but even then it's unlikely, and it's not a form of address that is ever used to or about a student in the books. 'Miss' is still the standard title for a single woman in the UK, regardless of age.

Finally - Seamus is, if I remember rightly, supposed to be from , not the Republic. Be careful of turning his speech into a 'stage Irishman'. Apart from his use of 'Mam' I don't remember many Norn Irishisms/Irishisms coming from him in the books - although I can really see him saying 'feckin'!

Hoping for more Minerva-centric scenes... Maybe you should do a paralell DA story told from the staff's perspective. I honestly thing YoD is the 'untold story' of Hogwarts from the students' pov, but I'd love to see one for the staff.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Self control is one of the most vital skills a warrior must master. Keep writing
kimpossible06 chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Now there's a new challenge for you! The McGonnigal Chronicles!
sleepy queens chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Really good.
Kiss-This2010 chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
this was amazing. one of the best canon minerva i've seen in a long time. i loved every bit of this story and i expect to see more from you! it was truely wonderful!