Reviews for The choice that was not made
Nanuk chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
Gaaaaaaaa, sniff! LOL Yes, it's kinda sweet ... bittersweet and gorgeous! :))
holikimaela chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
Poor Ziva, I am heart-wrenched! But again, wonderful. You write implicit sex well. Also, non-judgemental popcorn made me bite back a smile.
EternalConfusion chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
Aw, I loved this!
bomber6 chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
I absolutely loved this, and all your TIVA stories. I think you capture their feelings perfectly.
tigerlily25 chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
A nice look at the 'summer that could have been'. As always, lovely way with words and very descriptive writing - I'm so in love with your style. ;) Great to see you back - I'm putting you on 'author alert' so I don't miss any more fics, I wouldn't have found this if I hadn't had the urge to read A Quiet Defiance again.
djEskimo chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
I absolutely love your style of writing. It's so pretty, and well worded. Great work! Hope to see more from you.
meb chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
As always, your writing style is beautiful and poetic. A pleasre to read.

However, I have to respectfully disagree with your plot. I am of the mind that they did not have an affair that summer because I don't think Tony would have accepted the undercover assignment if they had and certainly not fallen in love with Jeanne like he supposedly did. Also, I don't think Ziva would have been so supportive of him throughout the time, her self-respect and pride would have dictated otherwise.
Autumn Dae chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
"She would clear up after him and pretend she did not live alone.

They would sleep in empty beds."

"He was an ex-cop and she was a trained assassin. And yet he won the fight."

"Normality was sweet on her skin."

"The third time, he almost said I love you but choked it back at the last minute."

"They sobbed unsaid beauty..." This alone should be engraved in gold.

"Oh, how life carries on, how brutally easy it is to return to once wasPaper darts and flicking ink and a painful lack of want in his eyes. A French name and pretty eyes is all it takes for her to be forgotten. It never stung so much as it did with him. She was utterly used to being the choice that was not made. She was beautiful, and she was dangerous, but perhaps you could not adore her. Perhaps you could only fear and desire.

He watched her crumble a little each day, and it killed him far more than he knew."

I didn't plan on quoting that entire last part, but it was far to beautiful, far too right not to be. Far too knowing.
Gemcity08 chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Love love LOVE it! I'm so glad you're back. Hope you had a fabulous vacation :)
M E Wofford chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Sweet?

I don't know.

But definitely sad.

Well done.
gremlin2318 chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Your writing is very good. I always wondered if there was something more between them between season three and season four. We know Tony visited for three months at least once a week and we know there were movies for sure:) but I always suspected it was something more and rule 12 came into effect when Gibbs returned and Tony got the undercover assignment. I love the way you wrote this.

Grem