Reviews for Puppetmaster
K Hanna Korossy chapter 9 . 10/8/2009
This is the strongest story I've read in some time. Excellent plot, with plenty of twists that I didn't see coming and every loose end accounted for, and great pacing and perfect characterizations. Great amount of h/c without it taking over the story or being gratuitous. Just...really satisfying, good stuff.

Some favorite tidbits: Dean thinking he'd look awesome running in slo mo, the fact Dean doesn't for a second blame Sam for having beat him up under Gaston's influence, "the mind of geek is a scary place," Sam's promise that Dean can go right back to bossing him around once he lets Sam take care of him, how Dean says thank you, "Good catch," and an organized hunter rescue, which is how the hunter community really should be! I also

loved loopy pre-surgery Dean, and the conversation about how Dean couldn't handle things without Sam and his systematic dismissal to every alternative to their job. Great stuff.
Menthol Pixie chapter 9 . 9/22/2009
Amazing! I know this review is terribly late but I've just got my internet back on so here I am! That was a perfect ending. Brilliant the whole way through, and I can't wait to read any future fanfiction from you. :)
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 9 . 9/21/2009
AH...this was awesome hun...

beautifully written and plotted hun!

AWW

gowwdd...you are too good, write an eppy for sn! Please :)

I loved this :)
calcium77 chapter 9 . 9/19/2009
Well, I loved the story! Very enjoyable to read! You do Sam and Dean really well :-) I can totally picture them saying all the stuff you write for them! You are especially good with the banter...maybe that is just what I like the most :-)

Thanks so much for all the effort you take in writing. I always get so much out of reading your work. I am sure lots of people do...so all your work is not for nothing :-)

I especially needed a Sam and Dean pick me up lately. Every season Supernatural gets a bit more depressing. It is still my favorite show and I can't wait to watch each week...but it has been a bummer to me ever since they killed off John. Just gets worse and worse. But gosh I can't help loving it...and the guys :-)

Thanks again!

Kat
calcium77 chapter 8 . 9/18/2009
Well, you surprised me! I did not guess who that other voice was. Cool twist! And cool he got back what was his :-)
calcium77 chapter 7 . 9/18/2009
Sammy to the rescue. I have been on vacation, so it is nice to finally get back to my reading...and I think I have 2 more chapters :-) I hate waiting for things to post, so this is great!
Beanie74 chapter 9 . 9/14/2009
Oh... it's over! Bo ho ho... sniff, sniff... sob! Sculls, I wanted more! But I understand you had to have the story come to an end at some point... I was just enjoying it immensely. I guess lighting candles and doing Hoodoo Voodoo dancing around an alter of ones master piece didn't work did it... Ma ha ha ha ha ha... Dude, how funny would that actually be? Or really just a tad odd and creepy, maybe!

Moving on... Thank you so much for writing such a brilliant story. I love my boys and you really did do them justice, you didn't make them ridiculously angsty, schmaltzy, moody or weepy and for that, I thank you again. And so bloody well written.

Now I am gonna go make a deal with a demon, and go see if we Brits can't get Supernatural season 5 on our TVs, like, NOW! It's just not right, nor is it fair!

Gen.x.
TraSan chapter 9 . 9/13/2009
Wonderful finish, brava!

I have so many things I loved about this, the brotherly moments and banter, the mutual concern, the one-lineers, the fact you tied up all the loose ends.

I had things as I read that I thought, "Oh, you'll have to point that one out specifically!" but your chapters are so deliciously long that I can't remember the exact line without backtracking (and then I always get this strange, weeble in the review screen).

So...the long and the short of it is this story was brilliant! The brothers were perfectly in character, the storyline creepy, and the storytelling top notch. Another win, Sculls.
zuimar chapter 9 . 9/13/2009
Great ending to an awesome story! This really is one of the most original stories, really good! And the last sentence is pure win, LOL!
skag trendy chapter 9 . 9/13/2009
'Dean’s smile disappeared, his hand smacking the gurney’s safety rail as he reached frantically for Sam. “Changed my mind, Sammy. Can’t do it. Turn this thing around.”

“Dean, chill.” Sam motioned for the orderly pushing the gurney to stop, then found his balance on his crutches so he could reach over the railing and grab Dean’s arm. “What is it? You were fine with surgery.”

Dean grabbed his brother’s shirt. “You didn’t say anything about a plane.”

“Plane? What…” Sam exhaled audibly when he realized what had happened. “I said you were flying – as in high as a kite, on whatever drugs they gave you to relax.”

Dean frowned. “So, no airplanes?”

“No planes, I promise.”

“No airports?”

Sam shook his head. “No airports either. Just the OR.”'

Aw, bless 'im! Dean's adorable on drugs.

Loved this final chapter my darling. And I'm a little sad to see this story end. Can't wait to read what you come up with next.

Kind regards,

skag trendy chapter 8 . 9/13/2009
'“What the hell’s goin’ on?”

Sam, still curled over Dean, jumped at the sound of his brother’s muffled voice. He slowly lifted his head and glanced down at Dean, who was squirming in his hold, trying to pull free as awareness returned. “You wanna cuddle, Sam, get a date.”'

LOL! Very Dean-like thing to come out with. Loved it.

I won't get S5 until January so I'm unable to join in the happy dance. More like a sulked shuffle.

Great chapter. Our poor boys certainly got well and truly done over in this fic... fu*cking great!

kind regards,

skag trendy chapter 7 . 9/13/2009
After various more outings and staying with other family members, I finally have a chance to sit down a read through this chapter. I hope to read the last two tonight, but no promises.

Love the set up here. Sam comes to Dean's rescue and putting his own life in danger means big brother will no doubt be kicking little brother's very cute ar*se at some point. But after you've put them through the wringer a few more times, eh?

Cheers hon.

Kind regards,

annie200 chapter 9 . 9/12/2009
I've just reread this chapter to review and there are so many fantastic details that i don't know where to start. First off..you tied up every single loose end, and that in itself is unbelievably satisfying for this particular reader!

Then, little snippets like Sam having no jeans left and Dean's remark about "Sammy shopping" just made me chuckle.

And both brothers worrying about the other one's injury more than their own was so well done. You could have strayed into sentimental but you managed to avoid it perfectly. And Dean referring to himself in the 3rd person made me laugh out loud, as well as some of his creaky eye jokes, even though you managed to convey his fear at the same time.

Perfect, perfect fic and it's going on my favourites right now. Thanks!
Linnie McCary chapter 9 . 9/12/2009
Grand job, Scullspeare! Fabulous characterization of the boys and Bobby, a full panoply of OCs, some interesting twists along the way (for a while I was thinking perhaps Gaston was an identical twin)-an involved story deftly told!
supernaturaldh chapter 9 . 9/12/2009