Reviews for Those Things We Don't See
Theawkward1 chapter 1 . 4/1/2014
This was so well written and heartbreaking. What a beautiful but sad story.
thewasabipea chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
I love ALL your work, and I'm incredibly impressed that you're capable of providing so much background and emotion and context in your short pieces, as well as your long.

This HURTS. So much. I started out shipping Dean/Jo, but it wasn't long before I was in love with the possibilities of Jo with everyone, especially Sam. You've managed to capture both worlds in this, which I had thought wasn't possible before. I love that you have it in Jo's point of view, and how we think we're being observant when we're really missing a lot of the little things. I think Jo is one of those positions; Dean (and Sam, a lot of the times) play things so close to the vest, even when you think you've got a good grasp on them, they end up surprising you. I think here, where Sam chose to open up to Jo and Dean didn't, that really colored how she viewed them and what she interpreted from there.

I love how you wrote Sam. You've captured both his ability to be sweet and shy and that hulking boychild that we so love. BUT, you give him a bit of an edge with his conversation with Jo. He knows his brother best, and I can't imagine how it affects him, to know that he's hurting him by being with Jo. But what he says is the truth. Nothing can rip the Winchesters apart (except for each other). Ouch.

I am so impressed with how you've fleshed out Dean in such a short space! He has a fraction of dialogue, BUT, it is written so in-character, with his mannerisms speaking so loudly for him. To me, that is my favorite Dean. The one that doesn't say much (but what he does is sarcasm and quips and shields), but his body doesn't lie.

UNG. Basically, this is one of favorite hurt-y fics for my favorite people. Thank you so much for writing it! :)
BeachDreamer chapter 1 . 8/25/2010

I've always loved Jo and never really saw the "little sister/schoolgirl" thing that everyone claims is between her and Dean. The way I always saw it he really had a genuine attraction to and feelings for her but, as you said in the fic, wanted to keep her safe. The thought of her turning to Sam because she believed that Dean didn't want her, the subsequent heartbreak when she realized that *he did* and her inner turmoil about being the girl that came between the Winchester boys? Beautiful and angsty and perfect!

"He'd noticed far more than she'd ever thought he would, and he'd ignore it all if, in the end, ignoring kept his world together." This line in particular was like a punch to the gut. Poor poor Dean...when does he get to be truly happy?

The North Wyn chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
Great job! It's heartbreaking and sweet, all at the same time. I love Sam's persistence in trying to get in touch with her, following the demon thing. I love it all slowly dawning on Jo-and I feel bad for her. And for Dean. A few of my favorite lines: "She thought she remembered reading that it was a protective gesture, an attempt to close-off from possible rejection." I mostly love this line for the image of Jo reading something about psychology and recalling it to mind later. I also love Jo's and Sam's conversation, especially: "Don't you worry about us. Dean and I'll duke it out like we always have and get past it one way or the other." I love that Dean slept in the car and bought them coffee. I'm glad that in the end, they're happy, or at least happy-ish. Sorry to ramble; I really enjoyed the story! :)
MapleCheerUp chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
Great fic! You did a wonderful job with the emotions of the story.
ShiveringTree chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Wow, that was an excellent read. Sad, but beautifully characterized and written.

Jacal Ste. Worme chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Whew. That was kinda hard to read (the Dean wanted Jo all along part). Though I'm a definite Dean fangirl, Sam's hotness still gets to me. xD oh my. *whew. Thanks for writing. xD
Ella Palladino chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
Amazing fic! I *love* this. All three characterizations were very well done. What a joy to read!
beyondwonder chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
OMG *flails and dies* This was made of awesome! Oh my gosh, the angst factor was cranked up so high and it was perfect! Gah, you broke my heart when Sam revealed that Dean was gutted that Jo had picked Sam! I think one of my fav lines was;

Chaperones were to keep things safe and that Dean did by just being there.

And poor Dean, for watching his brother with the girl he loves, and poor Sam for knowing that Jo wanted Dean and gah Jo wanting Dean but with Sam. Hello love triangle. Seriously - awesome work... I'm now off to tell everyone to read this fic! Awesome, Awesome!
Capt. Blue-Eyed Jane chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
it wrenched my heart to see Jo and Deam like that. i really enojyed it. good job!
angeleyenc chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
aww! that was sorta sad.. I liked it though!