Reviews for The Smarterest
expecto-patroniam chapter 2 . 3/13/2013
That was just so cute. When you said she was slowly losing her intellect, I understood and I remembered reading something like that. Well I didn't read it, but our teacher did tell us about flowers for Algernon, I read the first few entries but never the whole thing, though this is great. Its just... I can't even think of a word. You're a very good author, and I love how it says 'smarterer' at the end. This is a great great story, good job :)
BsBLady chapter 2 . 10/5/2012
Wow! This is an amazing fic! Too bad it's only 2 chapters! I recently became a Zondon fan, but now I think I could be a Lody fan as well! Too bad London can't have both twins-or could she? ;)
KittyCat87 chapter 2 . 7/17/2012
Oh my goodness that was mystifying, the story really blew me away and made me cry. The whole conception was a good idea!
MusicNinja1010 chapter 2 . 8/12/2011
Wow... That was deep and beautifully written :) I think I'm a Lody believer now :)
WyldCard4 chapter 2 . 7/20/2010
Note, I hit submit way too fast. This is the rest of the review.

The two honestly had a very rocky relationship pretty much since the Six Month Plan ended. As soon as the two were together they started fighting.

Then, I'm not sure if they could have had a better relationship. Cody acted pretty much the same way before, and Bailey resisted her old boyfriend in the same way she fought with Cody. One could argue that they deserved each other, or at least should have gone to serious couples counseling together.

It is even arguable that Lody would work better than Cailey even without London getting an intelligence boost. With the two not being in competition, Cody's bad traits might not show up.

Now back to the fic instead of my own ramblings.

Hm, the show actually did a good job to justify the long distance thing. Cody and Bailey were going to spend highschool on the SS Tipton and go to Yale together. I'm interested to see if you have other major arguments here or if that is enough for the fic.

London giving Bailey and Cody their room to fornicate...

Hard to judge if it is IC or not. This is a Disney show, so we never get an opinion on their views on sex. IMO Cody and Bailey probably did have sex before their breakup, though I think they viewed it as premarital instead of casual. If London is a virgin is almost impossible to know, given her odd combination of innocent stupidity and protective staff.

No idea what the literary classic that inspired you is.

Now onto the actual chapter II.

Hm, I view London and Maddie as a ship, and justify a lot of London's behavior in On The Deck as related to losing Maddie. However I am not sure if Maddie would be the one to realize what was wrong with London. I would have done Mr. Moseby, but as we don't see the chain of events Maddie is still a good fit.

A kind of bittersweet ending. Been a long time since I used that term. I would have preferred it if a bit of her intelligence had gone to improving the world, but it doesn't really matter. This was still a very compelling story.
WyldCard4 chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Hm...

Well, it sounds very much like Cody is writing this fic. The word choice is very much what Cody would choose. Intellectual and trying to sound grown up.

There is also some good foreshadowing in this fic. The term "ship board sweetheart" is ominous of this not being a Cailey fic. I also like the idea of an adult Cody looking back on his childhood and finding it implausible.

London using big words sounds like a pretty good gag. It just sounds like an episode gag at that point, London getting her smarticles all up and running.

I do wonder about Cailey as a ship. It is very hard to tell what is real character development, what is bad writing, and what is somewhere in between for the two. Cody had a similar relationship with Barbra
ring mah b3LL chapter 2 . 5/19/2010
this was incredible. loved it.

also i liked the flowers for algernon theme. :)

kinda sad but you rocked it. i love lody because of this story.
tiger002 chapter 2 . 5/18/2010
That was a great story. I love the way you capture Cody's tone through here. Seeing the smarterer London was great, and how she was able to approach everything logically, and then her pain at losing it.
kaled alchemist chapter 2 . 5/10/2010
Great concept, Flowers for Algernon is a beautiful story and your LODY version of it was brilliant. Thanks to you this is becoming one of my favourite couples.
DC World chapter 2 . 2/9/2010
I was totally going to say that this was inspired by Flowers for Algernon. I actually really enjoyed that book...anyways I like this. I hope that update soon.
the-lovely-anomaly chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
I love love love this story! It's so sweet and so emotional. I could definitely tell that it was loosely based off of "Flowers for "Algernon." The ending almost made me tear up a bit. Poor London, losing all that knowledge. Put Cody accepted her anyway, because he loved her. That is amazing. Really well written story! I loved how you set it up in a "before" and "after" kind of way and built up the tension. You're such a brilliant writer.
raenbc chapter 2 . 10/4/2009
"every sort of '-ology', great term. Great story, I loved it.
raenbc chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
I chose to read this one of yours first because I loved the title. Then I fell in love with the story. You're great at writing Cody's personality, and the story is so original and unxpected. I always thought that London was smart, but she acts stupid for attention and to hide how lonely she is. This is awesome. I'm glad I had time to read it, especially since I didn't think I'd get to it today.
CloseToFlying chapter 2 . 9/27/2009
AWESOME story. I feel bad for London though.
WouldWonderful chapter 2 . 9/10/2009
This was so good! I love Flowers for Algernon, and this was a really creative spin on it!