Reviews for Reprise
RavenWolf2089 chapter 8 . 2/28
Fantastic post Lady Knight story. Interesting premise and execution. Not many would kill the love interest and the fact you did shows a strength of belief in your writing. Well done :)
Kudz chapter 8 . 6/22/2013
Oof. This was excellent - really well written, a fascinating plot, with some very interesting and worthwhile issues brought up - it's so Kel to use her newfound wealth to help others, and the callbacks to canon throughout were really well done. Granted, it was also completely gutting - the adorable hypotheticals contrasted with what happened at the end - but gutting in the best way possible. Thanks for writing it!
Bracketyjack chapter 2 . 12/11/2011
Thanks for the PM and your consent. But alas, FFN's nannyware stripped out your email address - you have to spell them out or space them to get them through.

Mine is

john DOT c DOT lennard AT gmail DOT com

If you send me something there, I'll send you back a draft of the note.

With all BW.
Bracketyjack chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Dear Taxie -

I'm using 'review' because it doesn't seem to be possible to PM you.

I'm writing a little book for Humanties-Ebooks on the PotS series, which will include a note on fanfiction, and I'd like to cite Reprise - which is excellent! If you're willing for me to do so, could you please PM me to give your consent, and to let me know where I should send a draft of my text for your consideration? Thanks.

Thanks also for all your enjoyable writing.

Bracketyjack chapter 8 . 11/4/2011
Now *that's* a satisfying, intelligent, and all-round superior fanfic.

I did get two slight attacks of the hmmms, once in connection with something thaumaturgical and/or divine, once during the climactic action sequence at something a tad glib, but generally, hey, have some belated squee. Well-written, clever, probing, nuanced, paced, psychologically and sociopolitically coherent and sustained, *and* with several delicious stings in the epilogue. Count me impressed.

I'm reading around in this fandom, just, partly because I'm writing for publication on PotS, and aim to include a brief note on its fanfic. Do you have any objection to being mentioned and/or discussed therein? If you could PM me with a yay or nay I'd be grateful.

Thanks again for the fic: the best (mentally typed as 'continuation of LK fic) that I've come across. chapter 8 . 6/17/2011
i so buy it.

perhaps i should explain that sentence. your story was so spot on, with those little bits of extra almost but not quite nonsensical details, sold this story to me. honestly, i thought tammy decided to extend the prologue a bit after lady knight in the best way possible.

i loved every moment that i spent reading this, in the sun, between cursed formations (uh-ten, huh! pa-rade, rest!).

i think i'm in love with your writing. which really, really makes me wish you wrote more for the protector of the small series. the other fics you wrote are, unfortunately, series that i'm not familiar with.

Craniac13 chapter 3 . 9/30/2009
Inspiring! Truly a new take on an old cliche...the way you've put men into traditionally female roles is extradorindary, espescially considering many people still don't like to put women into traditionally male roles. I just can't stop gushing over how delighted and intriuged I am with the story so far...
SarahE7191 chapter 8 . 9/9/2009
I'm gonna have to say this was not the ending I expected to happen. But I guess I'll have to live with it. LOL. You did a great job with this story and I really enjoyed it.

SarahE7191 chapter 7 . 9/9/2009
Why is Dom dead?

sarabistarfire chapter 8 . 9/9/2009
That was just beautiful. I read it all in one fell swoop and enjoyed it immensely. I love that you most definately did your homework, as this was a very "works well (ie nearly perfectly) with canon" fic. Your style and characterization were wonderful- I loved how this story managed to be both a series of vignettes focusing on different characters and their relationships with eachother (ie Jon and Alanna, Kel and Neal) as well as a gripping story with an engaging plot. I was very sad about Dom dying, but I love how he and Kel's relationship worked- not too sappy, but practical just like them (theoretically awesome). And the surprise at the very end of the epilogue was fantastic.

I do have a couple questions, of course (I usually do). First, why wasn't Thom of Pirate's Swoop among the mages in the final battle/get taken with them? He would be a high profile prisoner, I imagine. In any case, if you edit this at all, it might be good to mention why he wasn't as I'm sure the resulting relief and guilt would be on the forefront of Alanna's thoughts when interacting with Jon. On a related note, I really wondered why George was not in the story- is he in the Isles? Second, when did Shinko get the sight and how come she can see the future but says she can't? Third, did Roald incur any political consequences for blatant regicide in a rival nation? Lastly, what on earth happened to Maggur's niece in the aftermath? Did she really just walk away without getting captured? And did she retain the magic from the Gate? And if she did, why didn't she claim the throne? She seems a very contradictory figure.

Anyway, thanks for a great story.
Kari of Mindelan chapter 8 . 9/9/2009
Okay, so this is my review for chapter 7 and 8.

Umm first of all I cried when Dom protected them! and sigh...well I guess you couldn't have everybody survive. :( Well done.

Love your epilogue...and poor Neal. Poor Poor Neal.

Please keep writing. This was fresh, exciting, and you are a really good writer! Keep it up!
vine chapter 6 . 9/4/2009
This is a wonderfully handled, brilliantly placed story. Seriously. I felt from the beginning that the plot was strong, and interesting, and something completely different than what I've read before. But I was surprised with how well you pulled it off. Ouch, that sounds mean, but... What I mean is that you went places that are edgy without seeming like the only reason you went there was to add edge. Does that make sense? Ah, now I've gone and dragged this on. Sorry. All I really wanted to get across was I love this story, and am anxiously awaiting this (final?) chapter. :D
Kari of Mindelan chapter 6 . 9/1/2009
If,theoretically, you asked my future theoretical self to be involved in a theoretical state of matrimony, then…”

“Theoretically you’d say?” Dom prompted.

“Theoretically I might consider it,”...hahaha. Loved it!

I think this is my most favorite line ever! hehehe Excellent chapter! I can't wait to see the next part...and Shinko's vision still better not come true! I love how you have Kel and Dom, its quite wonderful :) anxiously waiting for more!
SarahE7191 chapter 6 . 9/1/2009
Loved it. Especially the Kel/Dom part. That was my favorite! :-)

vivekaM chapter 5 . 8/30/2009
This story is so imaginative it's got so much going on while still being cohesive and well written. Great job here.