Reviews for Never Entirely Free
Fawkes Devaue chapter 1 . 6/19
could you possibly do more rose potter stories? they're the best fem!harry stories ever written!
NightHunterDeath chapter 1 . 12/20/2014 you care to explain?
Guest chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
This only has ten reviews? Your writing is amazing, and I really love the character of Rose Potter, even though I don't really do OCs. I loved Girl In The War, and this was a wonderful add on. It displayed lots of emotion, and was, basically, a big wonderfully written ball of feelings, artfully put into a story that still makes sense.
Ellementry chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
I love love love this series, Love your work :)
Sardonik chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
That was fantastic. Almost didn't read it (don't do one-shots) but I have to say, you packed a lot of story in there.
laventadorn chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
I think this is the only dub-connish piece I have ever loved, to say nothing of recommending to others. I love the way you've showed the changes that would occur in her relationships if "Harry" had been a teenage girl. I dislike dub-con when it's being used for purely sensational reasons - just a personal pref - but you made d.c. a vehicle for character development within a study of an AU situation that is usually glossed over and that's... pretty amazing. Damned awesome, in fact. Kudos!
Xeb17051 chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
what a fantastic companion piece. i have really enjoyed reading all of the stories with Rose. i wish there were more!
valedicere chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
I love this. I love all of you Rose Potter stories, really, I keep coming back to them and they never get old. I hope so see more from you on this line because enough will simply never be enough.
asinine rationalisations chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
a truly hauntingly touching piece.-characterisation intricate and personal.-
with-a-passion chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
I am amazed with how good this is! And the other two stories that come with it. May favourite is Girl in the War but I seriously love all three, they are beautifully written!

Are you going to make the trilogy a quadrilogy? *Looks hopeful*

kerricarri chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
There is this such wonderful vulnerability you've been able to capture consistantly with your female Harry stories that I love. I liked this fic as it answered a lot of questions by filling in the blank; with Snape after all the issue was carefully skirted around and never directly confronted, as it would've been out of character in the strange, delicate dance that is Rose's and Snape's relationship. Therefore Rose's memory of nonconsent had to be told in a fic absent of Snape.

I also liked it because we got a glimpse of Remus's relationship with her for the first time, a real appearence by Remus to give us that insight. I wish you could write more to add to this universe you've got going on, and I hope to see more of Remus-Rose interactions because we've barely seen any and it makes me curious how you'd reinterpret their changed relationship with Harry as a female.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Very well done. I don't know where Rose will be truly safe, or free; under the hard hands of the Dursleys (and who knows what Duds is going to think is fun once he sees Rose has a bust under her skimpy rags) or with Sirius. Neither set will be punished for anything they do to Rose; the Dursleys get away with what they do because of Albus, and Sirius would get away with whatever he wanted to do...because Rose would want him to do it, and because of Albus.
LadyAridella chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
Most Excellent! I really love GirlHarry stories, but it's usually impossible to find a good one. Our Rose Potter stories really take my breath away. I LOVE the way you deal with her relationships with Sirius and Snape. Given how unconditional, and slightly obsessive, their devotion and love for James and Lily, respectively, was and that Sirius was very much driven a bit mad while in Azkaban, it makes me wonder how they would have treated Harry if he'd been a she.

In so many girlHarry stories nothing differs from the actual books, save Harry's gender, everything and everyone else is the same. But in your stories Rose's interactions with people and their treatment of her is clearly different and realistic. Even if the wizarding world doesn't have the same history of misogyny as the real world, common sense tells us that Harry would be treated in a different way if he where a girl.

Your stories play with this and with stunning results, I love them, please try to put out more, they are a brilliant and welcomed change.
katherinegrace79 chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
I can't say how happy I am that you're writing again. I loved your previous Rose Potter fics, particularly Girl in the War, and I really like her characterisation. It's so hard to find a well-written girl!Harry fiction anywhere on the internet.

I liked this story very much as it develops on her and Sirius's relationship. She clearly loves him dearly, and is terrified of losing him, and you captured that extremely well. Especially the horribly awkward moment when Sirius kisses her a little too intently - you portrayed the exact emotions and reactions that I think Rose would feel in that situation.

The end was wonderful as well. It rounded it off perfectly.

Please wirte more stories. I always get a frisson of excitement when I see you've written a new story in my e-mail inbox.

Thanks for another good read!