Reviews for The Easy Way
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Thanks for the story. Dumbledore bashing is completely justified.
shushanepa chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
I really don't like these type of stories. As they are extremely illogical and make no sense at all. First of all why would Dursleys attack Harry like that when they know they can't escape or hide from wizards as seen in Harry's first year. And the canon makes it clear that the Dursleys are terrified of magic and wizards. Not to mention killing their nephew can land them in problem with police as well. Why would they take such a risk? The Dursleys may hate Harry but they are not stupid. And I may add Dursleys are afraid of Harry too.

Secondaly, why Harry is portrayed as a wimp in these stories. Magic or no magic Harry is more than capable of defending himself. He is a seeker after all, logically he should be faster than the whale of his uncle. Besides I don't see why Harry wouldn't use magic in self defense as a reflex action, because this is what any normal person would do. Or why Harry didn't manifest any accidental magic like he did in his third year and simply blasted away his uncle. It makes no bloody sense at all.

Thirdly what was Tonks doing and why it took her so long to come to Harry's rescue, again there is no logical explanation for that. As Tonks must have apparated to her gaurd before the Dursleys even reached their home.

Sorry for my rant, but illogical stories like these really get on my nerves. Why don't you give Dursleys devil's horns to complete the picture?
tbonblue22 chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
I am usually a big fan of your writing. Have read most of your stuff. I can't figure out why you wasted your time writing this. I can't believe I wasted my time reading it. Sorry. It sucked
Tinithor chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Well i must say that i am rather suprised. First story i've seen where Harry DOESN'T win. Quite plausible too. I always found the fact that they sent Harry back to Durzkaban after year 1 insane. Even crazier that they continued to send him back after 4th and 5th years too (and setting themselves up for that ambush in Deathly Hallows was flat out retarded).

No idea WHY they didn't just put him in a place hidden with Fidelius by Dumbledore. That woulda solved all their problems (and is in fact what they did in Order of the Phoenix, why they decided this was a bad idea i'll never know) but i suppose in JKR's world everyone does RETARDED things all the time. Its almost like not a single person in her books has a functional brain (For example, why didn't voldy just hide his horcruxes with Fidelius as well? As opposed to his silly little gauntlets that he did instead)
GryffindorDragon chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
This is a strange and dismal piece. Definitely AU. Some 'what ifs' are not worth exploring. IMO

While I agree with you that sending Harry to Dursleys is not an ideal choice, canon does show that it is the best choice for Harry's protection. Many AU stories develop scenarios where there is alternative protection that is adequate. If one is going to write a hopeless piece, it would be interesting to see one where Harry is taken away from Dursleys (as in many stories) only to have Death Eaters attack (as at the Quidditch World Cup; I don't understand the many stories that act as if Deaters just are not a threat until Voldie's return) and kill/kidnap/etc. Harry. That is something that (in light of canon) is more plausible, but people clearly prefer Dumblebashing.
Schnuff chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
fantastic

thanks for sharing this story
Runecutter chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
Yeah that's more believeable than all the other stuff where even getting killed was part of the great manipulator's Masterplan (TM).

Nice story, thank you. Even if you've killed Harry (errr, you b'd ;)) and seemed to have much fun with it.
Smargden chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
I did read it - well written - but I duid not like it.

/Smargden
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
Sinister... I agree that Dumbledore should have experienced negative results from all these 'necessary sacrifices' he makes, from the way he treats people as his pawns. I agree that when Dumbledore didn't keep Potters safe, and allowed Peter to be the Secret Keeper without checking him (for such an important position, checking candidates with Veritaserum wouldn't be too much), he has broken his promise to Severus Snape, whilst Voldemort didn't break his word (she jumped in front of his spell; it wasn't possible for Voldemort to prevent her death, to undo the curse), so it's not surprising that Severus Snape decided to be on Voldemort's side - his loyalty was more to Lily than to son of her and James Potter. Voldemort kept his word, Dumbledore didn't, Voldemort is his side. Pragmatic choice, with wisdom of its own. I'm just sorry that one child had to suffer due to this war: the Killing Curse, the neglect, the abuse, the life-threatening situations at school, and now death at hands of his uncle, due to Dumbledore's stubbornness, and Voldemort. The story is not good, but it's realistic, and probably the war will end soon, due to death of the two most famous Light wizards. I wonder... Will Harry's death have repercussions onto the one who used his blood to create his body during resurrection?
Binksy chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
This story is different from many others and was very much a breath of fresh air, your writing style was engaging and the character interaction was faithful to cannon. I enjoyed it. I do hope however that you expand upon this idea and go on to create a longer story with a similar plot; as I would enjoy reading it!

P.s Deary me, There are so many yellow bellies on this site! You're story was clearly labelled a tragedy and therefore it was obviously not going to be a walk in the park. I don't understand why certain readers have to start acting like children over a bit of gore. It's as if they expect every story on this site to be the same clich├ęd nonsense that personally I find far more offensive than a death fic. Do they honestly believe that Lord Voldemort wouldn't slit Harry's throat if he had the chance?

Sorry! I felt the need to vent! I find it upsetting when a Great story gets put down purely because the content does not agree with certain (weak stomached) individuals; Who are either haters as they have an OTT moral code of conduct, can't write, or are simply joining in with the bashing as they have nothing better to do with their time, and/or feel bad about their own writing and want to relieve the stress on a CLEARLY good writer.

Again great work!
noylj chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Yes, Bumbles was the perfect Liberal...doing the same thing and always expecting the "right" result and always able to blame others for his failures.

His plans were always perfect, it was the damn pawns that were to blame.

Nice. I expected Vernon to actually kill Harry, but I guess you had to follow the prophesy. Personally, I would have rubbed Bumble's over long and crooked nose into the fact that the prophesy was a load of dung, just like Bumble's plans.
kraa chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Kevin, it was raw, but very possible! I liked this your story, and each other. Although Jenny.
Eerie chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
Don't be put off by the other squeamish reviewers (who are obviously either faking their surprised disgust or are incapable of reading summaries). It takes a certain amount of guts to write something anti-mainstream like this, so kudos to you for doing it and for doing it well. Sure it was unpleasant, but that was obviously your intention. Nice work; I enjoyed it.
spunkymuzicnote chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
Nice. I've always wanted to write a story where Voldemort wins but I never got inspired enough to do it. Great job!
Binka Fudge chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Well, that was somewhat depressing. Still, at least Harry is with his parents and Sirius now, and by the way things are going the rest of his friends and honorary family will be joining them pretty soon too. I do have one query, what did Snape mean when he asked Dumbledore why, when he had the truth, he did not follow it? I apologise if I'm being dense, but I'd appreciate it if you humour me all the same, otherwise it'll bug me for weeks;)
98 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »