Reviews for The Easy Way
Blackdex chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
hmmm. ciao
Perpetually Interrupted chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
You said it isn't overly descriptive and you lied somewhat. A lot of things that had little to do with the movement of the story were described in detail, but the important things were lacking. Or maybe I just skipped over the paragraph where you explained that odd ritual with the three virgins. Or how Pettigrew harnessed that much intelligence. (Staying in character is also important, y'know. Don't give the "IT'S FANFICTION IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT" argument. Read around, a crap-load of fanfics stay in character are exceptionally good. And an even greater crap-load are dragged down because of OOC characters.)

Emotions were nowhere to be found. In my mind the narrative and dialogue were monotonous. It's like a list:

This happened. That happened. Someone hurts someone. That person feels this. Someone else arrives.

"Do this. Go there and do that. You, other person, do this," said this person while he looked at something.

He/she smiled."
Kalen Darkmoon chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
I like this. I agree that there should have been real consequences to Dumbledore and the Wizarding world for what he and that world had done to Harry. I will forever see Dumbledore as as-much-of if not more than of an evil monster as Voldemort was for what Dumbledore had done to and intended for Harry and the harm he caused countless numbers of students through his sacrificing their educations and futures to poor professors because it fit his agenda.

I was so very disgusted by canon that I wanted to see the entire wizarding world BURN with the exception of a very few friends of his escaping. They deserved no less. The only true justice would have been for them to have reaped what they sowed through their bigotry, apathy, cowardice and laziness. NOBODY deserves the lives of such young and innocent children to be sacrificed for their comfort.
Battosailover5 chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
number one creapiest story I've ever read.
aboulhosncc chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
looking past how distastful the idea of this story is I will try to first critque it for what it is.

First off harry usually has accidental magic that would save him in case things wend wrong so that is something that should be adressed.

Secondly if the darklord could go so easily into hogwarts even with harry so injured why has he not done so before. The simple fact is he needed the closet which only occurred much later in the year and several things had to be fixed for it to happen

Third is the fact that I see no reason why magic could not fix it

THe simple fact is if magic is able to vanish bones and such and repair it than it would be as simple to vanish the spinal cord and fix that as well. and as for the brain I see no problem with that either

Now what I would like to have seen is more than a simply stupefy on the dudley's but meh that is irregular. Frankly the fact is it was never 'that bad' so to speak and this whole story really just feels wrong for me.

Yeah we get it dumbledore makes over complicated plans and sometimes they backfire. Fact is they backfired in cannon as well

The idea is that quite frankly there were other ways to accomplish this than the old standby of abusive harry getting hurt at the Dudleys

If the rat was able to get a sample of his skin so easily why not simply curse him there or do something else at the train station no this was too convoluted a means
Xadro chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
Great story, finally a bit of realism to the HP fanfiction world lol. This actually makes the most sense Voldemort Winning and all.
This guy doesnt have a clue chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
Good story
LoireLoa chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
I hat that Harry died, but I have to agree with your assessment - JK takes child abuse WAY to lightly for my tastes. Harry never should have been with the Dursleys to begin with, and wouldn't have been if Hagrid hadn't taken Harry from Sirius on Dumbledore's orders.
Marj123 chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Logical, rational and well written. Just a bit too realistic. If the boy can't vanquish a great and evil wizard, it's nice if he can at least somehow escape and live a normal life. However, the author of a book is god. Who am I to argue?
mannd1068 chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
And it could have happened that way too. Excellent!
bookivore chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
Well, very logical and worked with canon facts. I agree Snape should have been annoyed with Dumbledore for not protecting Lily. Whether he would be as annoyed with Dumbledore basically depends on his emotional logic, which is canonically all messed up. He was 'in love' with a girl who treated him like dirt and was willing to lead her son to his death to avenge her - pretty crazy.

All that aside, JKR used Dumbledore and his supposed omnipotence to pull a Deus ex Machina again and again, and it did get really annoying. It is fun to see him get things wrong, but that is mostly because of how his character is used - to 'clean up' sloppy writing.
gaul1 chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
interesting turn of events, byes
freePav chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Very nice story. I've been looking for one where Voldemort wins (without Harry's help, that is).
Bobmin356 chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
Alorkin chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
I liked it! Growing up abused, I saw the signs in the first book. My sister FireLemming says it's 'comic-abuse' but I find nothing funny about it at all.

That Vernon reacts the way he does here, is definitely within his canon character. This shows what a bully will do when confronted, but no follow-up is forthcoming. It has long been my assertion that Dumbledore placed Harry with the Dursleys in order to have him as beaten down as possible. this would guarantee he'd see his rescuer,(Dumbledore, through Hagrid) as an archangel.

It's good that Tonks is actually there, but unfortunately, the damage is already done. (Funnily enough, I have a piece that starts in an almost identical way, but including Vernon having been drinking, and Tonks acting in a more proactive manner(read: a snap-kick to the ToL's belly.)

Volcemort is far more dangerous in this than he was in canon, as well. Here, he is more than willing to sacrifice all his minions to achieve his aims. His sacrificing the three virgins was icky, yes, but well played and logical. He researches his options, selects the one that will have the greatest benefit and proceeds to it's conclusion.

Again, I have always felt Snape was loyal to Voldemort, not Dumbledore...or at the very least, to himself alone. Here you have raised a tiny glimmer of doubt, his soliloquy notwithstanding, but in canon, he should and would have been hunted down and killed, as was Karkaroff, unless he was under Voldemort's instructions to spy on Dumbledore and sow disinformation.

Tactically speaking, Voldemort's killing of Harry and then Dumbledore were sound moves. Now, with his primary detractors eliminated, he is free to rule the world. Ta-daa!

An excellent retelling. Kudos.

95 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »