Reviews for The Easy Way
Marj123 chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Logical, rational and well written. Just a bit too realistic. If the boy can't vanquish a great and evil wizard, it's nice if he can at least somehow escape and live a normal life. However, the author of a book is god. Who am I to argue?
mannd1068 chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
And it could have happened that way too. Excellent!
bookivore chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
Well, very logical and worked with canon facts. I agree Snape should have been annoyed with Dumbledore for not protecting Lily. Whether he would be as annoyed with Dumbledore basically depends on his emotional logic, which is canonically all messed up. He was 'in love' with a girl who treated him like dirt and was willing to lead her son to his death to avenge her - pretty crazy.

All that aside, JKR used Dumbledore and his supposed omnipotence to pull a Deus ex Machina again and again, and it did get really annoying. It is fun to see him get things wrong, but that is mostly because of how his character is used - to 'clean up' sloppy writing.
gaul1 chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
interesting turn of events, byes
freePav chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Very nice story. I've been looking for one where Voldemort wins (without Harry's help, that is).
Bobmin356 chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
depressing
Alorkin chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
I liked it! Growing up abused, I saw the signs in the first book. My sister FireLemming says it's 'comic-abuse' but I find nothing funny about it at all.

That Vernon reacts the way he does here, is definitely within his canon character. This shows what a bully will do when confronted, but no follow-up is forthcoming. It has long been my assertion that Dumbledore placed Harry with the Dursleys in order to have him as beaten down as possible. this would guarantee he'd see his rescuer,(Dumbledore, through Hagrid) as an archangel.

It's good that Tonks is actually there, but unfortunately, the damage is already done. (Funnily enough, I have a piece that starts in an almost identical way, but including Vernon having been drinking, and Tonks acting in a more proactive manner(read: a snap-kick to the ToL's belly.)

Volcemort is far more dangerous in this than he was in canon, as well. Here, he is more than willing to sacrifice all his minions to achieve his aims. His sacrificing the three virgins was icky, yes, but well played and logical. He researches his options, selects the one that will have the greatest benefit and proceeds to it's conclusion.

Again, I have always felt Snape was loyal to Voldemort, not Dumbledore...or at the very least, to himself alone. Here you have raised a tiny glimmer of doubt, his soliloquy notwithstanding, but in canon, he should and would have been hunted down and killed, as was Karkaroff, unless he was under Voldemort's instructions to spy on Dumbledore and sow disinformation.

Tactically speaking, Voldemort's killing of Harry and then Dumbledore were sound moves. Now, with his primary detractors eliminated, he is free to rule the world. Ta-daa!

An excellent retelling. Kudos.

Alorkin
darklordmike chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
Nice work! Certainly not an uplifting story, but this is probably a more realistic outcome to the series. As stupid as Voldemort's plans usually were, Dumbledore was just as foolish in his treatment of Harry.
Hope Cullen chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
loved it i like the ending
Velvet Storm chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
Voldemort reading a book to research? That's different. For some reason, I see Tom Riddle doing that.

(And just a little side note, try not to use 'you' in writing and replace instead with 'one'. Example - "They gave you extra energy, but when they wore off, you were more tired than normal" could be "They provided extra energy, but when the effect wore off, the partaker was more tired than normal". I used to do that often until someone pointed out it changes the story from third person to second person.)

The map idea of Peter's was very clever! And I agree with the point you've made. I understand Albus wanting to keep Harry with the Dursleys up until 5th/6th year, but then he should have stayed elsewhere. Good job!
juxtaPoseidon chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
ooh... Much darker than I've seen of your writing from before...

And very interesting too, I've always thought that Snape put a little too much faith in Dumbledore to be believable.

I wish this was a Harry/Ginny story, but hey, you're the author, that's your decision.

And speaking of pairings, you may want to change the "Harry P. & Voldemort" to just "Harry P." There was a freaky moment there where I had thought you wrote a Harry/Voldemort fic. And there are Harry/Voldemort fics out there, crazy as it seems.
piltad chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
Well it was dark that is for sure not the eventual happy ending but hey to tell you the truth I am ok with it not usually but you are amazingly gifted author so that does help things along... Though wish I could of seen Weasleys reaction great job.
ARedHair chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
Well done; a nice bit of well justified bashing.

A safe place where Harry is abused never made good sense. Your dig at Snape's supposed loyalty was a bonus.

Even if Harry was not abused by the Dursley's, there was no reason for him to return to the Dursley's after the graveyard ceremony in year 4 as

Voldemort had overcome the blood protection by using Harry's blood in the ceremony.

Well written, too. You worked in the pros and cons of Voldemort's strengthening potion quite smoothly.
uzumaki misaki chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
wow...u took that in a completely different direction than i thought the story was going. very interesting.
Emriel chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
I agree. One of the things that I can't help but criticize is why Harry put up with his relatives. Dumbledore is such a faggot.

I kind of find it ironic that Harry died in a muggle way sort of XD.
87 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »