Reviews for The Easy Way
darklordmike chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
Nice work! Certainly not an uplifting story, but this is probably a more realistic outcome to the series. As stupid as Voldemort's plans usually were, Dumbledore was just as foolish in his treatment of Harry.
Hope Cullen chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
loved it i like the ending
Velvet Storm chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
Voldemort reading a book to research? That's different. For some reason, I see Tom Riddle doing that.

(And just a little side note, try not to use 'you' in writing and replace instead with 'one'. Example - "They gave you extra energy, but when they wore off, you were more tired than normal" could be "They provided extra energy, but when the effect wore off, the partaker was more tired than normal". I used to do that often until someone pointed out it changes the story from third person to second person.)

The map idea of Peter's was very clever! And I agree with the point you've made. I understand Albus wanting to keep Harry with the Dursleys up until 5th/6th year, but then he should have stayed elsewhere. Good job!
juxtaPoseidon chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
ooh... Much darker than I've seen of your writing from before...

And very interesting too, I've always thought that Snape put a little too much faith in Dumbledore to be believable.

I wish this was a Harry/Ginny story, but hey, you're the author, that's your decision.

And speaking of pairings, you may want to change the "Harry P. & Voldemort" to just "Harry P." There was a freaky moment there where I had thought you wrote a Harry/Voldemort fic. And there are Harry/Voldemort fics out there, crazy as it seems.
piltad chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
Well it was dark that is for sure not the eventual happy ending but hey to tell you the truth I am ok with it not usually but you are amazingly gifted author so that does help things along... Though wish I could of seen Weasleys reaction great job.
ARedHair chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
Well done; a nice bit of well justified bashing.

A safe place where Harry is abused never made good sense. Your dig at Snape's supposed loyalty was a bonus.

Even if Harry was not abused by the Dursley's, there was no reason for him to return to the Dursley's after the graveyard ceremony in year 4 as

Voldemort had overcome the blood protection by using Harry's blood in the ceremony.

Well written, too. You worked in the pros and cons of Voldemort's strengthening potion quite smoothly.
uzumaki misaki chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
wow...u took that in a completely different direction than i thought the story was going. very interesting.
Emriel chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
I agree. One of the things that I can't help but criticize is why Harry put up with his relatives. Dumbledore is such a faggot.

I kind of find it ironic that Harry died in a muggle way sort of XD.
Cateagle chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
*wince* Most definitely not a "happy fic" but it a fair characterization of Dumbles behavior and what it could have, in canon, led to. As 'tis, one has to ask who's more evil, Dumbles for dropping Harry into that situation and keeping him there or Tommy-boy for killing him - my vote is Albus and he definitely pays for his arrogant presumption here. If you decide to do a follow-up chapter (or if such a plot bunny bites you), the reactions of Harry's friends to the new situation should be interesting and "educational". I'd expect the Grangers to depart England for safer and more free environments while I suspect you're going to get a variety of attitudes/behaviors from the Weasleys as I could see Ron becoming another "blooder", espousing Tommy-boy's agenda (if she didn't depart England in time, this could prove rather hazardous to Hermione).
OrionTheHunter chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
I liked this. Don't get me wrong - I don't support child abuse or murder in any way - and I enjoy HP fics of all shapes and sizes, but it was somewhat fun to see something somewhat . . . reasonable happen.

There are so many things in canon HP that defy reason - Vernon not reacting in a strongly counter manner to the "don't abuse Harry" lecture he received is one of them.

Also, I think stories like this are key to keeping the entire HP fan fiction community alive. If there are not some stories where Harry dies, or Volde wins, then we forget that the threat is real. Harry and Company versus the Death Eaters can get very boring if we don't think that there is a chance that one of the good guys, even Harry, might not survive. Also boring for the authors to write. It's stories like this one that remind us of that possibility, and that's needed.

Didn't mean to rant . . . in summation: Thanks for writing this.
Deby Magid chapter 1 . 8/21/2009

that was indeed easy

but something I really don't understand who didn't hapens on the original, something similar
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
I agree he shouldn't have. But then he was a weapon not a boy. He didn't matter neither did Neville except as a backup plan. Both had to look to Dumbles as their savior from a bad situation. Neville's Gran was emotionally unreachable and Harry's guardian's would be emotionally neglectful. Dumbles naivety as usual is his downfall. It never occurred to him that Petunia and Vernon would be physically abusive. He thought she would get over her objection to magic and be a good mother to Harry as she was to Dudley that is if you think they weren't abusive to him as well.

I honestly think Harry's incarceration at the Dursleys did come back and bite Dumbles on the backside. He just didn't care that so many people had to die so that the 'greater good' could come about but in his way. Only in his way no other way allowed.

Good story. Could you write another one, a bit longer or a lot longer and perhaps more where Harry becomes aware of what is going on and decides to change it? Maybe written at an earlier age?
slashslut chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
harsh ending but really its fitting. still sad though ...
Memory King chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
Thanks for not making Voldemort sympathise with Harry's situation. I've seen that ridiculous notion in quite a few stories, never mind all the humanity he threw away on his quest for power.

A well written one-shot, which gets its point across without dragging unnecessarily.

hordac85 chapter 1 . 8/21/2009