Reviews for The Easy Way
Cateagle chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
*wince* Most definitely not a "happy fic" but it a fair characterization of Dumbles behavior and what it could have, in canon, led to. As 'tis, one has to ask who's more evil, Dumbles for dropping Harry into that situation and keeping him there or Tommy-boy for killing him - my vote is Albus and he definitely pays for his arrogant presumption here. If you decide to do a follow-up chapter (or if such a plot bunny bites you), the reactions of Harry's friends to the new situation should be interesting and "educational". I'd expect the Grangers to depart England for safer and more free environments while I suspect you're going to get a variety of attitudes/behaviors from the Weasleys as I could see Ron becoming another "blooder", espousing Tommy-boy's agenda (if she didn't depart England in time, this could prove rather hazardous to Hermione).
OrionTheHunter chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
I liked this. Don't get me wrong - I don't support child abuse or murder in any way - and I enjoy HP fics of all shapes and sizes, but it was somewhat fun to see something somewhat . . . reasonable happen.

There are so many things in canon HP that defy reason - Vernon not reacting in a strongly counter manner to the "don't abuse Harry" lecture he received is one of them.

Also, I think stories like this are key to keeping the entire HP fan fiction community alive. If there are not some stories where Harry dies, or Volde wins, then we forget that the threat is real. Harry and Company versus the Death Eaters can get very boring if we don't think that there is a chance that one of the good guys, even Harry, might not survive. Also boring for the authors to write. It's stories like this one that remind us of that possibility, and that's needed.

Didn't mean to rant . . . in summation: Thanks for writing this.
Deby Magid chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
wow

that was indeed easy

but something I really don't understand who didn't hapens on the original, something similar
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
I agree he shouldn't have. But then he was a weapon not a boy. He didn't matter neither did Neville except as a backup plan. Both had to look to Dumbles as their savior from a bad situation. Neville's Gran was emotionally unreachable and Harry's guardian's would be emotionally neglectful. Dumbles naivety as usual is his downfall. It never occurred to him that Petunia and Vernon would be physically abusive. He thought she would get over her objection to magic and be a good mother to Harry as she was to Dudley that is if you think they weren't abusive to him as well.

I honestly think Harry's incarceration at the Dursleys did come back and bite Dumbles on the backside. He just didn't care that so many people had to die so that the 'greater good' could come about but in his way. Only in his way no other way allowed.

Good story. Could you write another one, a bit longer or a lot longer and perhaps more where Harry becomes aware of what is going on and decides to change it? Maybe written at an earlier age?
slashslut chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
harsh ending but really its fitting. still sad though ...
Memory King chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
Thanks for not making Voldemort sympathise with Harry's situation. I've seen that ridiculous notion in quite a few stories, never mind all the humanity he threw away on his quest for power.

A well written one-shot, which gets its point across without dragging unnecessarily.

Cheers!
hordac85 chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
it up
DukeBrymin chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
Okay, so, now you have to post a nice, fluffy, story where Harry wins and they all live happily ever after, preferably with Ginny together with Harry.

Anyway, rather grim vision of the possibilities, isn't it?

After spending so much time reading HP fanfic, and comparing Dumbledore's actions to rational thought, I have to say either he was an incredibly manipulative, grey-at-best, old coot, or he was suffering from dementia, like the wonderful Weasley Family Plot.

Thanks!
sparky40sw chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
sad and tragic story, but unfortunately far more likely to be had would have happened if canon was real and not a fantasy.

the 'sending harry back to Durzkaban" over and over is precisely what makes evil, stupid/senile and manipulative Dumbledork stories so believable.

thanks for sharing
Wonderbee31 chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
Agreed a lot with this fic. For me, it always felt like Cinderella in a way, getting a happy ending with the prince, and then being told that she had to go live with the wicked step-family again for her and their protection, and the family got to do to her what ever thay wanted to do. That's how it felt for me when Harry had to go back there. Likd how Tom pretty much did a straight forward plan, and it worked probably because it was that, instead of the usual convuluted things JKR came up with to fit in the school year time frame. Unfortunately, I could have seen something like what happend to Harry by Vernon's hand easily enough, and that the fat trash would have done something like that out of anger and fear. Albus' plans or Harry, especially into makingg him a suicide bomber basically, was something that I wished he'd been called on long before the end of the third book.
blue artemis chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
Dumbledore had delusions of godhood.
Airlady chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
This was spot on.
duckster chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
Well written, well plotted and a logical conclusion for Dumbledore's machinations. But please don't do it again! A story where Dumbledore gets his comeuppance can be enjoyable but having Harry bear the brunt of it is too depressing.
Brian64 chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
Wow, that was umm, a little unexpected. I'm kinda used to the happy endings with your fics.

Normally, I tend to avoid this kind like the plague, but this was short enough that the story could be told without dragging out the pain. Kinda like ripping off a bandaid. Good work. :)

I have to say I've started to prefer reading fics where all of Dumbledore's many poor decisions catch up to him. There had to be at least one where it causes the war to be lost.. Now if only we'd had a scene where the fat tub of lard gets to realise that his world has been destroyed because of what he did to Harry.. I'm not sure, but I don't think even Crucio is enough payback for... Oh LOL, I just had this weird scene pop into my head where Vernon is tossed into a cell... (Apologies to Monty Python)

Vernon: Ow!

Chained prisoner (Bellatrix): You lucky, lucky...

Vernon: What? What are they going to do to me?

Bella: "Oh, you'll probably get away with the Cruciatus"

Vernon: Cruci-whatsis?"

Bella: Yeah, first offence. Best thing the Dark Lord's ever done for us.. Oh yeah, if we didn't have the Cruciatus, this country'd be in a right bloody mess.

Vernon: Guard!

Guard: Whaddya want?

Vernon: I want you to move me to another cell away from this freak!

Guard: Hah! Crucio!

Bella: Oh, look at that! Bloody favouritism!

Guard: Shaddup you!

Bella: Sorry!
BetaGuy chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
Lol, Nice ending. I actually didn't see it being so sudden. Their wasn't even a dramatic build up or anything. Nicely done. Looking forward to more.
87 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »