Reviews for A Rough Start
Kyuketsuki In Oki chapter 5 . 9/18/2009
So, when DSS just handed Anthony over to Edward, the case worker didn't look into his income or view his living arrangements or anything like that beforehand? It sounds to me like Edward would easily qualify for ADC (Aid to Dependent Children, most often referred to as Welfare). And you don't have to be a woman to receive WIC subsidies, either, which he would most likely qualify for. Weird that DSS wouldn't have at least given Edward packets upon packets of information or anything.
Aussie TwiFan chapter 7 . 9/18/2009
I just found your story today and I am really liking it. Poor little Anthony. I am already starting to love Edward too. Cant wait for the story to unfold!
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 7 . 9/18/2009
Oh Cripes..now that Anthony has made me cry every single chapter it is now time I finally go to bed.

I just want to hug that boy and never let him go.

I love this story, it is one of my new favs already!
OhIt'sYou chapter 7 . 9/18/2009
Oh . . . Edward finds his inner daddy and the mystery of the missing parental units deepens.

Looking forward to an update. :)
ForAReason chapter 7 . 9/18/2009
I love this story! Great character writing.
OhIt'sYou chapter 6 . 9/18/2009
She IS a good teacher!

I'm curious now whether education majors get social services training. Seems like it would come in handy.
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 6 . 9/18/2009
The whole time I kept thinking "Oh gosh Anthony's only friend is Bella" so I was happy to see him go play soccer with Taylor...and glad that Bella brought up all that legal stuff because I kept thinking "Give that man some foot stamps!"
OhIt'sYou chapter 5 . 9/18/2009
Oh, my. He really is clueless, poor guy.

But he's Edward, and he's tryin', so I love him.

I knew that moment was coming, but I still enjoyed it.
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 5 . 9/18/2009
The scene in the store just made me cry...*sigh*..I'm sure it will get better, but this story just hits close to home. It is one of the first "real" fics I've ever read. Maybe it is because of the whole money situation and parents not providing right (as of now), but I just want to go in there and hug and rescue Anthony even though deep down Edward is doing the best he can for what he KNOWS...I'm just glad he's now finally MET Bella who we know is going to save the day! I hope anyway :(...and he needs to stop hounding him about his puppet...that's his security blanket. The boy lost his family and I think he's handling it pretty damn well so far.
OhIt'sYou chapter 3 . 9/18/2009
This is breaking my heart! I haven't "been there", but I've been close enough. I remember the days before I learned to buy Children's Tylenol and other medications ahead of time and on sale, and I remember sick kids and work schedules and awful pressure. Ack. Poor Dadward.

Thank you for reminding me how good I have it now!
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
Anthony is breaking my heart...Bella will fix it!
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
I already know I'm going to love this story..and so far they boys aren't loaded down! Wow! They actually work for a living...

Broke my heart thinking of little Anthony losing his mom and grandma...so sad.
OhIt'sYou chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Sleepyval sent me over . . .

I live in a small rural town, and you have painted an accurate picture of the employment outlook. Your writing is solid and your story is compelling. Keep up the good work! :)
TwilightJemS chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Wow! Interesting start! :)
Chilly Howdy chapter 7 . 9/18/2009
WOW very different story... love it... can't wait to read more :D
22,948 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,475 1,482 1,483 1,484 1485 1,486 1,487 1,488 1,495 .. Last Next »