Reviews for A Rough Start
jilburfm chapter 3 . 9/18/2009
My heart is breaking for Anthony. The "Loved and Cherished by Grandma" just about did me in... until you followed up with the "I want mommy!" and then i lost it.

Edward needs help and a clue. Maybe not in that order.
tumblin' di chapter 7 . 9/18/2009
God, I love your story. I can't wait for more. Really. I hope you have OCD and can't get anything done except work on your story.

Ok, maybe I don't wish OCD on you.
tumblin' di chapter 6 . 9/18/2009
That was such a wonderful chapter it actually brought tears to my eyes. I can see how much Edward and Anthony need other people in their lives.
jilburfm chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
I love the backstory you've given Bella about how/why she's such a perfectionist and non-risk taker. It's really fascinating. And her uber scheduled morning is so well written.

I think being a teacher in an impoverished area would be so incredibly difficult. And I get the feeling you're not going to sugar coat.
jilburfm chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Over here from the AA5 rec. I have to say that I love this characterization of the "cullens" - true Forks is sad little town that can barely keep it's high school open. And every fic has them super wealthy regardless of whether it's AH or AU. This is so much more realistic.

If Edward takes away Anthony's puppet that is clearly a comfort to him, I'm gonna kick his ass. Part of me feels a little bad for Edward - he obviously had no idea that Anthony existed. On the other hand, had he known, would it have made a difference?
tumblin' di chapter 5 . 9/18/2009
Your story is very good and somewhat painful. Poor Ant'ny. I know his daddy will make up for his own ignorance. I am wondering why a lumberman who is single is so broke though?

I love motherly Bella, too.
beegurl13 chapter 7 . 9/18/2009
Oh, Gus... That's sad. I'm so proud of Edward for trying to get things in order. I'm proud of him for being able to call Bella for help on the whole Gus thing, and what a good idea he had for making Gus a place to rest until they could fix him. When he asked Anthony if he wanted to sleep with him it made me so happy, and then to have Anthony tell him that they had to hurry to fix Gus or else he would have to go live with his mom and grandma... Okay, I'm still crying over that. :) I'm a sap, I know, but this story is really good. Now I'm totally curious as to what happened to Edward in his childhood. I can't wait to find out! :)
missouriangel chapter 5 . 9/18/2009
Haha she put him in his place!
beegurl13 chapter 6 . 9/18/2009
The party from Bella's POV was really good. I'm glad that they talked to each other a little bit, even if they did just end up fighting. I also love how comfortable Anthony is with Bella. I'm glad that Edward saw that. I'm happy that he came to her classroom to apologize to her and that he explained his situation a little more. It's good that she was able to give him some ideas for help. The rose and apple were very sweet too. Now that they are on a first name basis, I can't wait to see what's gonna happen next. :)
katinki chapter 7 . 9/18/2009
love this edward, so unsure and rough around the edges. can't wait til the next update.
missouriangel chapter 4 . 9/18/2009
Poor Bella! The BBQ has my mind wondering what's gonna happen ?

Angel
beegurl13 chapter 5 . 9/18/2009
Ah, they officially meet. I love it! Oh, and the whole money and grocery thing was good. That's always such a hard spot to be in as a parent - having to choose between what you know you need and what your kids really want. I think you wrote that scene really well. It was very truthful and honest in the sense that all the embarrassment you feel in the moment is completely gone when you see how happy your child is. :)

I just noticed all the chapter names are song titles. I love that. Smart and kinda fun. :D
katinki chapter 5 . 9/18/2009
excellent story. poor edward! but he is exactly like i'd imagine many 20-something-first-time-thrown-in-head-first-dads to be like. again, your writing is excellent, a pleasure to read.
beegurl13 chapter 4 . 9/18/2009
Oh good, I was hoping it was Bella that Edward yelled at. :D Now they've met, but they haven't REALLY met. I'm excited that Rosalie invited Bella to the BBQ. I can't wait for Bella and Edward to start getting to know each other in some way besides what they know now. I think that made sense... :D I love this! In case you can't tell. :D
Jacky-Cullen chapter 7 . 9/18/2009
Omg the line "If we don’t hurry, Gus will have to go live with Mommy and Grandma" made me so sad I actually teared up!
23,029 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,477 1,484 1,485 1,486 1487 1,488 1,489 1,490 1,497 .. Last Next »