Reviews for A Rough Start
KimberlyAnnT chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
Wow... he's turing into a good dad
iamawickedchild chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
aw! I love the progress theyre making!

Great chapter! its also great interaction between he and Bella, its so awekward and a little funny :)
AMayes chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
I continue to marvel at your writing skills!

Poor Gus, I loved how Edward and Anthony made a resting place for him.

Great chapter!
Capricorn75 chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
Oh my gosh, this story just gets better and better! I love the slow progress Edward is making. It's realistic...I would hate it if she just all of a sudden turned in to father of the year. I like how he is reaching out to others for help when he is not sure what to do. I just want to hug him and and Anthony and tell them it will be all right.

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! THIS STORY.
darcy13 chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
Another tidbit about Edward's past-"The last time he’d seen that look, he was a twelve-year-old kid looking across a courtroom at his parents." I wonder why his parents were in court. Interesting that we don't know who looked at Edward like this and that look made him feel selfish and inadequate. His reaction is to give up..."I can't do this." This section literally rips your heart out of your chest.

I can understand Edward's feelings-“Man, people who don’t have to work during the day have it made,”

Glad things went OK with Gus. Perhaps Edward can relate to Anthony better than he realizes. They seem to have a lot in common.

Anthony is quite a trouper! Enjoying your story.
dolphin62598 chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
Great chapter! I a loving watching Edward grow with Anthony! Can't wait to read more!
leydylaura chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
ah too short!

I'm glad he was able to take a break from work, he needed one.

I hope things starts getting better for him
The-Belladonna-Rose chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
aww.
Tina Wannabe-Cullen chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
Edward is doing good. There is no shame in asking for help His circumstances call for 'S beautiful to see that Edward tries to make feel Anthony safe, even though it was not of his own incentive.
barbarito chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
OMG! Poor Edward! Thanks Ogd he called Bella. My heart broke for him. He is like a lost little boy too.
teacher1209 chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
Edward is really trying so hard to do what is right by Anthony. I loved that he asked Bella for advice on how to deal with the Gus situation, that shows so much progress. The idea for the 'resting place' for Gus was so great and making sure Anthony was able to make Gus comfortable was a really nice idea. I love that Edward reassured Anthony that he was not leaving and let Anthony sleep with him to make him feel safe.

So Edward's mom voluntarily gave him up, I wonder what he meant about facing his parent across a court room and being 'a failure, doomed to spiral downward the rest of his life?' Was he a juvenile delinquent? Hmm...very intriguing.

Thanks for the great update.
fanficreader83 chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
wow... definitely a lot of growth there on edward's part, seeking help and trying to solve problems... that last part was wonderful to see as anthony really needs some positive interactions with his father, especially because of all that he has been through! glad bella could help! ;)
Famingo chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
This was a great chapter! I loved seeing a little more into Edward's head at this point. He's trying so hard to be a good father and he's doing a really good job so far and has made a lot of progress, especially with making him feel safe and taking Bella's advice for the ride to school and also about Gus. Poor little Anthony has been through so much and it must be hard on him, but Edward is doing a really good job for someone thrown into this situation. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Tisaveeone chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
Oh my this chapter so SO emotional. I am ever so proud of Edward. He is finally behaving like a parent. It's not any easy thing to have your world turned upside down. But he and Anthony have each other and I can't wait to see their bond grow stronger.

Thanks so much for this chapter.
dihenydd chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
Thank you for the update.

Edward seems to be getting a better grip on things now, I guess he too was in shock. He dealt surprisingly thoughtfully with Anthony about Gus and the bond is starting to form.

I guess I felt Rose dealt with him a little harshly but it was hardly out of character and maybe he needed the reality check. As always I like that your characters are flawed yet essentially good at heart and just try to do their best.
22,948 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,483 1,490 1,491 1,492 1493 1,494 1,495 1,496 1,503 .. Last Next »