Reviews for A Rough Start
Tisaveeone chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
Oh my this chapter so SO emotional. I am ever so proud of Edward. He is finally behaving like a parent. It's not any easy thing to have your world turned upside down. But he and Anthony have each other and I can't wait to see their bond grow stronger.

Thanks so much for this chapter.
dihenydd chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
Thank you for the update.

Edward seems to be getting a better grip on things now, I guess he too was in shock. He dealt surprisingly thoughtfully with Anthony about Gus and the bond is starting to form.

I guess I felt Rose dealt with him a little harshly but it was hardly out of character and maybe he needed the reality check. As always I like that your characters are flawed yet essentially good at heart and just try to do their best.
Sunfeathers chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
Awesome chapter, Megan. Edward is starting to think before he acts rather than just react to things. I sense a tide of change happening. So glad Pete was empathetic and reassuring. That, aside from Bella's advice, probably did more for Edward than anything - knowing his job was secure while he takes care of things. I think Edward is under such pressure it's been hard for him to make good decisions and be sensitive to those around him, Anthony especially.

Poor Gus. I hope someone can fix him! And I'm glad he's arranged for a carpool for Anthony but I can't help but wonder about the moms he'll encounter once he immerses himself in the school scene. He's hot to begin with, but with Anthony in his life, he's just graduated to DILF status lol. Not many women can resist that. ;)

And I'm really loving how he's trusting Bella and turning to her for help. It speaks volumes that he's able to open up in this way to her. I can't wait to see them grow even closer and to get a feel for a growing attraction between them.

Thanks so much for the update, Megan! :)
Emily M. Whitlock chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
That were so heartbreaking, I love that he took time of and is dealing with Anthony :)
HopeStreet chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
This chapter was happy and sad at the same time. Father and son both have emotional trauma it seems. Bella is going to be an important resource for Edward. Thank goodness Edward is taking steps now to cope with the situation and learn how to be a better parent to and for his son.
Goyabean chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
Aw! Edward is growing up! Im glad that he's decided to get some help and not try to do this by himself! And I'm glad that Bella is giving him a chance.

Great chapter! :)
ClancyJane chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
what a beautiful chapter... Edward's POV was sad but charming : )
Etnie chapter 7 . 9/16/2009

Ok, I'm almost crying right now...

Please, please... update soon... i need to know.

(BTW the translation is getting a lot of good reviews!)
sherylb chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
I'm so glad that things are looking up!
Grydelap chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
Great chapter! I love how you develop Edward emotionally and make him get a connection with both Bella and Anthony. Keep writing - you're amazing!
iamdysfunctional chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
i love it

i love all your storeys

update soon
JeNnNn chapter 7 . 9/16/2009

i finally got to start this story!

ive been hearing about it everywhere, the gazebo and from other ppl but i hadnt had the time to read it, n now i do, n i read it, n i LIKE IT!

its soo good. a lil heartfail in some places, but thats okay, as long as it doesnt blow into epic proportions, its fine with me.

great story, love it!

...just realizing i shouldve reviewed every chapter.

woops, but ill review every chapter from now on promise :)

katydid13 chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
I want to cry for both Edward and Anthony.
Reese69 chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
God I love EPOV .. Now I can't wait to find out about his parents and his life. And poor Gus needs a sewing kit and some glue?
whyOwhy chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
Psh... of course Rose would take Bella's side of the argument, typical woman lol... despite the fact that Bella DID act inappropriately for her job. Teachers are supposed to be ambassadors, good examples.

I would of thought Rose would have sympathized with Edward more... knowing Edward's money situation and job problems, knowing that Edward has no idea what he is doing with Anthony.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that if it was Bella (or another woman) who got stuck with... say a much younger sibling she had never met, knew nothing about kids, had very little money and a job on the rocks... Rose would be far more sympathetic. Rose probably would have called a teacher that was asking for 150 dollars from her money-struggling friend a b*tch too.

It may be really easy for Rose to b*tch at Edward about dropping Anthony off at school early... but I haven't seen Rose go out of her way to try to help Edward in any way, give him any advice... not like Alice has.

I don't think anyone is grasping the hardship of Edward's situation. I am a 20 year old woman with a college degree... and even I would have problems if my dad died and my little sister had to come and move in with me on the spot. I had to take care of her for a few weeks when my dad had surgery and I had problems getting her to school on time, getting her fed healthy food, getting her homework done, getting her in bed on time... on top of my job.
22,935 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,483 1,490 1,491 1,492 1493 1,494 1,495 1,496 1,503 .. Last Next »