Reviews for A Rough Start
angstsmoker chapter 7 . 9/15/2009
He dealt with the Gus situation surprisingly well.

Edward needs to believe in himself & know that he can be the parent that Anthony needs. I'm glad he left feeling hopeful after the talk with B:) - “I can’t do this.” But instead of agree with him, Miss Swan sounded sincere as she insisted otherwise. Not only did she tell him that he could do it, but she told him he was doing it".

'But what if something happens to you? Then who’s going to take care of me?” Anthony wanted to know' (;_;)

Love the chapter. Thank you for writing.
austen1775 chapter 7 . 9/15/2009
Thanks for the update. I just started reading this story yesterday out of boredom, really, but ended up liking the story and falling in love with Anthony (it's really hard not to). I had been disappointed with some Dadward fanfics before but this story is unique and heartrending that I couldn't stop reading.

It's hard not to sympathize with Edward as he attempts to deal with taking care and getting to know his son and at the same struggles to keep his already low-paying job. It's a fresh take on Edward as a father because, usually, similar stories have him wealthy and surrounded by loving parents.

I look forward to the next chapter.
JanesSmile chapter 7 . 9/15/2009
what an amazing chapter, such a turning point between Edward and Bella and Edward and Anthony. I love your story, lots of questions now.
NelsonSmandela chapter 7 . 9/15/2009
Aww, this story tugs my heartstrings so much!

I loved Edward and Anthony bonding over Gus. So glad E is getting some encouragement.

I also love that your Edward character is so OOC/different from every other one I've read, but I can totally see him and hear his voice - older, rougher, jaded... Very nice.

I'm interested to see what happens next!
lynntjax chapter 7 . 9/15/2009
Aw, poor Gus! Bella has to figure out a way to fix him! And fix Edward!
Mariana75 chapter 7 . 9/15/2009
Holy crap! I think I know what happened... Edward's parents divorced, and he had to choose... and he chose his father... at that courthouse... and he was 12 y-o. Jeezz... Oh, man! After all this time, he hasn't been able to get pass that, it was something that truly marked his life :(

I'm so glad it was time for a little vacation :) and that his boss actually told him what a great worker he is and that his job is not on the line. That'll give him some sort of security for a while :) Now we know the mystery behind the rose and the apple :) I was way off on my guesses :P

And I'm also glad that he's taking this time to ponder and act on some things, especially regarding Anthony, that he has been severely lacking... some things that are very ordinary... like laundry and sleeping arrangements :D I think this momentarily lack of stress made him see things for what they really are. He was actually able to SEE his son and what he needs. Especially his care and love. He was able to see beyond himself. He's so self-centered and self-referential. And in one step, Bella was able to get him out of his selfishness and get him to trust her opinion. Now, I think, she's become her go-to-person regarding kids/Anthony. He trusts her more than he does his own friends :D I can see the start of something quite interesting there ;)

As always terrific chapter! The scene where he's talking, REALLY talking, to Anthony and soothing his fears, was such a beautiful one :) Very heart-felt :)

Thanx for the update! It's incredible how this story always leaves me wanting :P
thequietthings chapter 7 . 9/15/2009
such a sweet sweet chapter! i love watching edward's and anthony's relationship develop. and the little bit about edward trying to displace the blame of ruining Gus... lol i love how you always incorporate these tiny little details in your writing that tell you so much about a person. great job!
Olivia Twisted chapter 7 . 9/15/2009
Aww. Cue the waterworks ladies, this is heart wrenching.
Namine Black chapter 7 . 9/15/2009
I love this story and Anthony, I want him to be my child :)
momams chapter 7 . 9/15/2009
Edward thought he was about to loose it, things were looking terrible for him and Anthony. He wasn't very sure of taking time from work and asking for help. It turned out well. Time was given, his boss even appreciated that Edward chose this week; and Bella's ideas seemed to begin working so he asked for her help again. She was honest in telling him she doesn't have all the answers and that not everything will be great but it's a start. A new beginning Edward didn't think might come.

There's a lot in his past we still not know and might be reasons for his actual behavior. It seems he grew alone too. But as he said, his case and Anthony aren't exactly the same, so there's a real chance things will be better.
jacmom chapter 7 . 9/15/2009
Great Chapter!
kismit1496 chapter 6 . 9/15/2009
As a former all day kinder teacher I love that your story has the same thing. Except I had twenty students with no aide - 18 of which didn't speak English.

Wow its weird to read Edward like this - yes I've read him at an ass but to lack compassion for a child - and its not that he does but he's so down on his luck its bizarre. I'm enjoying it nonetheless.
whyOwhy chapter 6 . 9/15/2009
Parents and teachers working together :)
whyOwhy chapter 3 . 9/15/2009
I know Edward is kinda an a**hole... but he IS in a really tough spot financially and with work and stuff. He doesn't really have any options.
whyOwhy chapter 2 . 9/15/2009
Uh-uh, Bella! You aren't supposed to be mad at a parent like that... until you know what their situation is. Helping the children sometimes means helping the parents too :)
22,935 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,484 1,491 1,492 1,493 1494 1,495 1,496 1,497 1,504 .. Last Next »