Reviews for A Rough Start
jjuliebee chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
You are the master (mistress) of the slow build. I swear, I hesitate to even review your stories because I'm just in awe and feel like a bumbling dork - I really want to express how effing great your writing is, but I just start blathering! I gotta tell ya, this chapter was fantastic. So much detail, so much progress.

I'm beyond thrilled that Anthony had a good time at the party, got some great swag and got to have a fun day. It must suck being alone w/ Edward for him.

So many great details. Rosalie buying the chew toy hysterical. Loved the details about the charm of E's house, and how B loved it, and how the neighborhood isn't owner occupied but all rental properties. Subtle details like that add so much depth and color.

Edward with the rose and the apple? Kill me dead please. E telling her that she was a great teacher? My knees are weak.

Thrilled that Bella was able to give him so much info. Thrilled that he seemed so visibly relieved. BEYOND thrilled that they are on a first-name basis now and the relationship will be progressing.

Love the juxtaposition of Edward as just winging it with Bella's very structured life; making week's worth of meals, balancing checkbook, etc. They will really be a good pair. I also love that Bella is sweet, compassionate but also snarky. Love the combination. She's a sassy one, that girl.

I thank you as always for sharing your writing, because it's so frigging great and I truly look forward to everything that you write! xo
theorange3 chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
Love the progress.
darcy13 chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
My heart breaks for poor little Anthony. His pain is heartwrenching.

I LOVE this Bella. I can so relate to her organized, staid life.

I love the fact that these people are ordinary. Edward is not rich. He has to make it to work. He's scraping by. Granted there is this mystery regarding his parents, but at the moment these people aren't swimming in money. He doesn't have a college education. It's refreshing to read.

Edward can certainly use Bella's influence in his life. And while Edward will cause some upheaval in Bella's life, perhaps it's for the best as well. (Good thing Bella has a 2-bedroom apartment)

I'm enjoying your story. Love your characters.
Bratty-Vamp chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
SMOOCHES.

I'm loving this story. :)
LibraryLady08 chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
Nice. I'm glad they have cleared up some of the misunderstandings.

I look forward to the next update. :)

-MJ
Raewright chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
Yay! I'm so glad they are being nice to each other!
coldplaywhore chapter 3 . 9/7/2009
Aw. I kinda feel bad for him, even if he is being a shitty ass dad :)
Nicci06 chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
I'm loving this story...I'm so happy they finally got to have a civil chat! Dying to see what happens next... :)
christye chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
OMG! I love this so much! A light at the end of the depressing tunnel. This is great story. Please update soon

Cheers!~
littlesecret84 chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
great chapter! There was some humor, Edward did something sweet, Anthony was actually happy. Perfect.
Paco1230 chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
Anthony is so cute and it is so adorable how hard Edward is trying but he really is just clueless. So glad they apologized and now hopefully Bella will lighten up on Edward some...great chapter! I really am enjoying this story!
LittleFin chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
aww. I'm a sap for daddy Edward. Love when men, even fictional ones admit they aren't perfect.

Cheers!
lmr14 chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
I absolutly love this story. Little Anthony is adorable and he breaks my heart. I'm happy that it seems like Edward is finally at least pointed in the right direction. I hope he follows through.
Sunfeathers chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
Yay, they made so much progress! And yay for Edward getting the help and support he needs - and even a good dose of empathy and encouragement! Bella is truly an angel for both of them. I can't wait to hear Edward's take on all this ...

And omg, the rose. THE ROSE! My heart nearly split in two - that was so sweet! And now thanks to Bella, Anthony has a new soccer ball!

Thank you so much Megan for updating so often - I'm so thrilled to follow this story. Can't wait to see what happens next ... :)
i want to save you chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
i was kinda hesitant to read this because of the angsty money problems and just edward's problems in general and then involving that with a kid.. but i really like this story!

update soon :)
22,915 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,488 1,495 1,496 1,497 1498 1,499 1,500 1,501 1,508 .. Last Next »