Reviews for A Rough Start
sherylb chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
I'm so glad that things are looking up!
Grydelap chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
Great chapter! I love how you develop Edward emotionally and make him get a connection with both Bella and Anthony. Keep writing - you're amazing!
iamdysfunctional chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
i love it

i love all your storeys

update soon
JeNnNn chapter 7 . 9/16/2009

i finally got to start this story!

ive been hearing about it everywhere, the gazebo and from other ppl but i hadnt had the time to read it, n now i do, n i read it, n i LIKE IT!

its soo good. a lil heartfail in some places, but thats okay, as long as it doesnt blow into epic proportions, its fine with me.

great story, love it!

...just realizing i shouldve reviewed every chapter.

woops, but ill review every chapter from now on promise :)

-jenn
katydid13 chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
I want to cry for both Edward and Anthony.
Reese69 chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
God I love EPOV .. Now I can't wait to find out about his parents and his life. And poor Gus needs a sewing kit and some glue?
whyOwhy chapter 7 . 9/16/2009
Psh... of course Rose would take Bella's side of the argument, typical woman lol... despite the fact that Bella DID act inappropriately for her job. Teachers are supposed to be ambassadors, good examples.

I would of thought Rose would have sympathized with Edward more... knowing Edward's money situation and job problems, knowing that Edward has no idea what he is doing with Anthony.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that if it was Bella (or another woman) who got stuck with... say a much younger sibling she had never met, knew nothing about kids, had very little money and a job on the rocks... Rose would be far more sympathetic. Rose probably would have called a teacher that was asking for 150 dollars from her money-struggling friend a b*tch too.

It may be really easy for Rose to b*tch at Edward about dropping Anthony off at school early... but I haven't seen Rose go out of her way to try to help Edward in any way, give him any advice... not like Alice has.

I don't think anyone is grasping the hardship of Edward's situation. I am a 20 year old woman with a college degree... and even I would have problems if my dad died and my little sister had to come and move in with me on the spot. I had to take care of her for a few weeks when my dad had surgery and I had problems getting her to school on time, getting her fed healthy food, getting her homework done, getting her in bed on time... on top of my job.
angstsmoker chapter 7 . 9/15/2009
He dealt with the Gus situation surprisingly well.

Edward needs to believe in himself & know that he can be the parent that Anthony needs. I'm glad he left feeling hopeful after the talk with B:) - “I can’t do this.” But instead of agree with him, Miss Swan sounded sincere as she insisted otherwise. Not only did she tell him that he could do it, but she told him he was doing it".

'But what if something happens to you? Then who’s going to take care of me?” Anthony wanted to know' (;_;)

Love the chapter. Thank you for writing.
austen1775 chapter 7 . 9/15/2009
Thanks for the update. I just started reading this story yesterday out of boredom, really, but ended up liking the story and falling in love with Anthony (it's really hard not to). I had been disappointed with some Dadward fanfics before but this story is unique and heartrending that I couldn't stop reading.

It's hard not to sympathize with Edward as he attempts to deal with taking care and getting to know his son and at the same struggles to keep his already low-paying job. It's a fresh take on Edward as a father because, usually, similar stories have him wealthy and surrounded by loving parents.

I look forward to the next chapter.
JanesSmile chapter 7 . 9/15/2009
what an amazing chapter, such a turning point between Edward and Bella and Edward and Anthony. I love your story, lots of questions now.
NelsonSmandela chapter 7 . 9/15/2009
Aww, this story tugs my heartstrings so much!

I loved Edward and Anthony bonding over Gus. So glad E is getting some encouragement.

I also love that your Edward character is so OOC/different from every other one I've read, but I can totally see him and hear his voice - older, rougher, jaded... Very nice.

I'm interested to see what happens next!
lynntjax chapter 7 . 9/15/2009
Aw, poor Gus! Bella has to figure out a way to fix him! And fix Edward!
Mariana75 chapter 7 . 9/15/2009
Holy crap! I think I know what happened... Edward's parents divorced, and he had to choose... and he chose his father... at that courthouse... and he was 12 y-o. Jeezz... Oh, man! After all this time, he hasn't been able to get pass that, it was something that truly marked his life :(

I'm so glad it was time for a little vacation :) and that his boss actually told him what a great worker he is and that his job is not on the line. That'll give him some sort of security for a while :) Now we know the mystery behind the rose and the apple :) I was way off on my guesses :P

And I'm also glad that he's taking this time to ponder and act on some things, especially regarding Anthony, that he has been severely lacking... some things that are very ordinary... like laundry and sleeping arrangements :D I think this momentarily lack of stress made him see things for what they really are. He was actually able to SEE his son and what he needs. Especially his care and love. He was able to see beyond himself. He's so self-centered and self-referential. And in one step, Bella was able to get him out of his selfishness and get him to trust her opinion. Now, I think, she's become her go-to-person regarding kids/Anthony. He trusts her more than he does his own friends :D I can see the start of something quite interesting there ;)

As always terrific chapter! The scene where he's talking, REALLY talking, to Anthony and soothing his fears, was such a beautiful one :) Very heart-felt :)

Thanx for the update! It's incredible how this story always leaves me wanting :P
thequietthings chapter 7 . 9/15/2009
such a sweet sweet chapter! i love watching edward's and anthony's relationship develop. and the little bit about edward trying to displace the blame of ruining Gus... lol i love how you always incorporate these tiny little details in your writing that tell you so much about a person. great job!
Olivia Twisted chapter 7 . 9/15/2009
Aww. Cue the waterworks ladies, this is heart wrenching.
23,062 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,492 1,499 1,500 1,501 1502 1,503 1,504 1,505 1,512 .. Last Next »