Reviews for A Rough Start
iamgreyish chapter 3 . 9/8/2009
Poor Anthony! As much as I hate saying this, I'm pretty sure my husband would have responded just like Edward when it comes to giving medicine to kids. They both don't read the labels on the medicine.
ClancyJane chapter 6 . 9/8/2009
the more i read the more i love...

after every chapter i get this warm feeling and i cant wait till i can get the next update : )

i can so picture Edward standing at the door and telling Bella that he thinks she's a great teacher - i can even imagine the facial expressions and hand gestures he would have used too...

thats a testament to your writing !
VampireYouth chapter 6 . 9/8/2009
Great new chapter. Its nice to see them starting to get along.
nadia22 chapter 6 . 9/8/2009
Yay! loved this chapter) can't wait to read more!
am-689 chapter 6 . 9/8/2009
We have progress!

]

This was a great chapter, it was nice to see some civil interaction between the charaters lol

Looking forward to the next chapter! x
bookworm-nz chapter 6 . 9/8/2009
Yay for co-operation! I was worried that the spat at Anthony's party was going to just keep on building on their negative impressions of each other...I'm glad both parties were able to apologise and explain their positions in a rational and mature manner - leading to a better understanding of each other, a clarification of the issues and some possible solutions. Go communication! Lol. Great chapter, thanks for sharing :)
dihenydd chapter 6 . 9/8/2009
I didn't realise how tense I had been feeling about this until I felt the sense of relief, not only because Bella and Edward seem to be on the same side now, but also because Edward has some hope of a little support. He was beginning to seem out of his depth and sinking. It is so realistic of many true life situations, such a refreshing change from so much fanfic.

Thank you.
Tisaveeone chapter 6 . 9/8/2009
Sweet way to start my morning. I am glad you addressed the benefits that Anthony shoud be getting since his mothers death. That can really help with paying for childcare and food. And now that the peace pipe has been smoked, it will be interesting to see where they go from here.
glo4twilight chapter 6 . 9/8/2009
hey thanx heaps for the quick update cos i'm still loving this story! it's lightening up a little more and i'm glad bella is trying to help him and anthony! so good that he was man enough to apologize to her and very thoughtful even in taking an apple..lol..and a rose..that's sweet! Now i'm hanging for the next chapter! this writing is just fantastic!
jermak99 chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
Great chapter once again. :-) I really like the story so far.

Thanks so much for the update.

xo

Mel
headre7 chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
It kinda makes me sad that Edward didn't go to Back to School Night, but he definitely had his reasons.

Rosalie cracks me up...she could really care less about anything that doesn't involve her, but she still bought Anthony a gift...that's saying somethink I guess LOL.

So that BBQ was a bit of a disaster between Edward and Bella.

Complete misunderstanding and they were both too stubborn to back down. I love the fire between them though. They both seem to be passionate about their principles.

I'm glad that Bella and Edward got everything straightened out though and that she told him about the benefits that were available to him.

Things seem like they're starting to look up. Loved this chapter :)
leydylaura chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
gaps - omg that sucks! Poor kiddo, doesn't know daddy didn't know of his existance "/
headre7 chapter 5 . 9/7/2009
I love the chapter titles! This cracked me up, “Miss Swan, Bella…delusional hag…I answer to many titles.”

I love that Edward was happy to see Anthony laughing so much that he didn't want to interrupt their moment. It shows that he does care. It's obvious that he's trying. And he had a moment of pride for his intelligence, I loved that too. Anthony is adorable, saying he thought he was allergic to brocolli. And he's excited for the party!

I really hope Edward will be able to play sports with Anthony. That's such a great bonding experience between father and son. Great chapter!
headre7 chapter 4 . 9/7/2009
Once again, Bella shows her compassion through her teaching and caring for Anthony. She has every right to assume the worst about Edward, but she doesn't know that he can't afford to be late for work. The BBQ is going to be very interesting.
headre7 chapter 3 . 9/7/2009
Oh man, Edward is so clueless. I liked Emmett's justification of going to Back to School Night. He has a good point...he does pay taxes.

And poor little Anythony, being sick on top of being caught in the middle between his dad and his teacher. Edward just has no idea what to do. It seems like he is trying though. This is just such a big adjustment for both of them. The whole situation is so heartbreaking. And with his job, that just adds more stress. Poor Edward can't catch a break!
23,021 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,493 1,500 1,501 1,502 1503 1,504 1,505 1,506 1,513 .. Last Next »