Reviews for A Rough Start
fangled chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
i was predisposed not to like this story, as built-in tragedies are not my thing, but your writing, characterization, pacing-i don't know, all of it, i guess-drew me in. against my stoic, cold-hearted tendencies, i find myself caring about these characters, even though edward is somewhat of a shortsighted, selfish, loserish jerk. i have confidence he'll grow as a person and a father. :) anthony is adorable. i'm rooting for the lil guy. bella is still a bit of a mystery, a tad too vanilla to engender any strong feelings in me as a reader.

in the ff world, one may find herself reading stories she normally wouldn't just because the characters of e&b are attached-believe me, i'd more than likely pass up this story if it were in a bookstore and had your summary as the blurb on the back cover-but i'm so happy that ff sometimes convinces me to set aside my reading prejudices, because it means that every once in a while i come across something as good as your fic. :) e&b may have initially drawn my eye, but your writing is what keeps me going and wanting more. i look forward to seeing how A Rough Start develops.
Ozzma105 chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
I hope she puts him in his place and FAST ;) ... I cant wait for the next chapter.. ;)
Bratty-Vamp chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
SO adorable. My heart breaks for your Edward.

~CC~
Lyssa-Raine chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
LOL - what a great line! "“Miss Swan, Bella…delusional hag…I answer to many titles.” Exactly the cold water needed to throw in Edward's face. Looking forward to chapter 6. :-)
Meadowgirl552 chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
I feel so bad for Edward and especially poor little Anthony, so so sad, it was good to see something funny, particularly at the end of the chapter with Bella!
Lyxa chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
great chap :D

looking forward to more

xoxo

Lyxa
TotallyPointless22 chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
Awe that candy moment was so touching. He learned now that when you are a parent you have to let go of your pride sometimes. I can't wait for him and bella to interact more and develop a relationship!
pixiekat7 chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
Another great, but heartbreaking chapter.I know being a father is all very new to Edward, but I hope that he will be able to create a loving relationship with Anthony as time goes by. Even with children communication is the key. And I can only imagine what Edward was feeling in the grocery store, to not have enough money to care for your family is just too sad for words. Edward's meeting with Bella hasn't developed into a shouting match... crossed that they both keep their wits about them. Hugz
Cullenista chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
"It's not a doll." So cute. Since I have a feeling Edward doesn't have a problem hugging girls, why can't he hug Anthony? I understand the overthinking part, but come on, give the kid a break.

I liked the bonding moments at the grocery store, but when they get home, it all seems to fall apart again. We're Edward's parents that bad?

All the dialog was good, and the dog toy line was very funny.

I found myself wondering how Edward was dressing Anthony, and what Edward chose to wear to the party. I don't expect him to be Anna Wintour, but I would have liked some idea of what he was wearing, it was a party after all. Seeing him rummage for something clean to wear might have been amusing. Maybe we'll get those details in Bella's POV. I also hope she asks him why he didn't show up for Back to School night.
HopeStreet chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
Megan, this story so far makes me so sad. Edward is so over his head with his unwanted fatherhood status. There are resources that are available to him as a single parent, but he doesn't know and I'm not too sure that his pride would let him seek them out - like food stamps. And poor Anthony has the short end of the stick. He's the one who suffers. Thank goodness for Bella being a presence in his life at this time. That she brings out the laughter and a bit of happy in Anthony's life is a saving grace.
jamie1078 chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
Great story! It's so different than what is out there and I like how you have written the characters!

I was waiting for Bella and Edward to meet! can't wait for the next chapter
teambellaedward chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
jimemon chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
Just found your story and I loved it! Great work :)
Heartless.Forever chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
I'm in love with this story, update soon :)
ICPinkFuzzyBunnies chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
Poor Edward. He really knows how to stick his foot in it doesn't he. He is really trying, but doesn't seem to get what to do for this poor little guy. Let's hope Bella will cut him some slack once she gets to know him. Also, I think that Anthony is entitled a bit of money since his mom died. Like Social Security or something. That could really help them out. Can't wait for the next, Bunnies
22,923 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,494 1,501 1,502 1,503 1504 1,505 1,506 1,507 1,514 .. Last Next »