Reviews for A Rough Start
Emily M. Whitlock chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
Hihihihi, love it. Keep writing more, don't like cliffhangers ;)
angstsmoker chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Thank you for writing.

This just got me: 'Anthony and Edward still stumbled over how to address one another...'Edward never held the little boy’s hand – not even when crossing the street... By the time Edward would talk himself into just doing it, the opportunity would have passed. It happened every time.'

At least Edward is aware of the problems, it's going to take time for them to get to know each other and be comfortable in their relationship as father & son.

Can't wait to read more.
Juliamine chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
"well shit... welcome to hell."

LOL, that was a freaking perfect way to end their meeting. Loved this chapter, and hope Edward gets a real kick in the ass sometimes soon cause he sure the hell needs it!
Famingo chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
Fantastic chapter! At least we're making small steps towards peace between Anthony and also Bella. Edward really is trying. I was really proud of him for accepting the help from the cashier. I know he's very proud, but this was for the best of his son and Anthony appreciated it too. I'm really looking forward to more on the meeting with Bella and Edward. Bella seems to be very good for Anthony. She seems to actually let him be a kid where he seems to still be on guard all the time with Edward.
sherylb chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
I feel so badly for Edward- new father, struggling, broke..so sad..He really needs a good woman...hopefully Bella, at some point?

I think Edward also needs to accept more help from his friends-Alice throwing the party is so nice!

“Miss Swan, Bella…delusional hag…I answer to many titles.” I LOVE that she has a good sense of humor about it...

I would imagine that Edward's friends will fill Bella in on Edward and Anthony's situation, and that will make her more understanding, and I'm guessing a big apology will be coming from Edward..
nisilein chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
it was really sad when edward went gorcery shopping with antony, update soon
kirster226 chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
Love your story. Great chapter. Can't wait for more!
teacher1209 chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
I cried when I read how Edward felt badly about not having enough money to buy candy for Anthony and then at his embarrassment at using a coupon to be able to buy all the items. I have to say I was proud of Edward for thinking to ask if Anthony is allergic to anything and the answer of broccoli was too cute. Also when Edward decided to drop the issue with the puppet when he found out it was from Anthony's grandma shows real progress with trying to make Anthony comfortable.

These two are just breaking my heart, very little money for even essentials and no toys for Anthony.

I thought it was so kind of Edward's friends to buy gifts for Anthony to welcome him.

Hm...so what will happen next when Bella and Edward have their first conversation?

Great chapter.
Snewman82 chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
I am really loving this story. It makes my heart hurt for Edward and Anthony. I feel so bad for him struggling to try to raise his son and to be broke and try to provide for him. I loved the grocery store with the candy. That was so heart wrenching that he would put back the mac and cheese and miss a nights dinner just to give his son the candy and good for the clerk to provide the coupon. Loved him for that. I can't wait to see what happens next now that he has found out who Bella is and has to deal with what he said to her. To funny. Can't wait for more chapters to be posted.
barbarito chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
OMG! Love it! I cannot wait for more!
siledubh chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
Again, I love this story, even though it makes me sad! Now that they've met, I hope it will get better, although Edward is so proud that I wonder how much he'll really tell her about their situation. I'm looking forward to seeing how this party winds up!
shell29bell chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
Dear Soul Sister,

Your Alice sqeeing like a balloon letting out air was the BEST! I laughed so hard!

And Yay, they 'officially' meet!
jedigirlsc chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
Poor Edward! He needs help!
VampsGurl chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
Wow that was actually pretty sweet of Edward. Getting Anthony the pack of M&M's he wanted. Anthony does know that his father doesn't have a lot of money. It seems like he understand that he can't get much. Edward offering to teach Anthony how to play soccer is nice. They could have a little father and son time.

Haha, Edward just met Bella. He owes her a huge apology.
Cece86 chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
great chapter! I so wanna know what's going to happen between Bella and Edward next! I recommend it to all my LJ friends I thought it was worth the read ;) kudos for making it read-worthy!
22,915 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,498 1,505 1,506 1,507 1508 1,509 1,510 1,511 1,518 .. Last Next »