Reviews for Gambate, Marshall
scubagurl22 chapter 5 . 11/10/2011
Really enjoyed this one! Knight Marshall is almost as fun as cowboy Marshall, lol.

One question though, why was Marshall's head thing different colors? Is it like the colored belts in other forms of martial arts?
thena-ditey chapter 5 . 11/4/2011
*fans herself* lordy! Who knew citrus could be so very spicy! Fantastic story, I really enjoy your banter and Mary's thoughts are hi-larious. :)
Athena64 chapter 5 . 8/7/2011
Very nice story... I could ask for more, definitely so!

A glimpse in the hidden lives of our fav'marshalls...and Mary falling hard... well, for once, she won't hurt herself! :-)
Husky2014 chapter 5 . 6/29/2011
loved it!
Kristin chapter 5 . 5/31/2011
I just discovered this show & I just discovered fan fiction(I'm a little behind the times:) & this story definitely encourages me to keep up with both. Awesome! I loved the humor & the detail, the kenpo stuff was really interesting.
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 5 . 6/27/2010
Incredibly sweet; loved it.

A martial artist in action is a very sexy being, indeed.
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 4 . 6/27/2010

All *righty*, then...

Yeah, he'd have to be the one aware of reality; personally, I think I wouldn't be able to think, either, Mary. Marshall's far, far too distracting.
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 3 . 6/27/2010
Mary's encouragement driving Marshall to go above and beyond... oh, it would *so* work on him that way. ;~)
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 2 . 6/27/2010
Oh my; Mary and her own brand of kiai - just makes me chuckle.

She'd be insane with a shinai in her hands.

Hakama... well, there are split hakama, though I don't know if Kendo uses them. I never wear mine; they get in my way as often as not, but such a forboding presense they lend to the attire. It'd be awesome to see Marshall in a pair. :D

The drills you describe, with the inexperienced simply banging hard and fast with enthusiasm and no control or accuracy... are you sure you've not been to any of our classes? lol So on the mark, you are.

Mary's excitement over watching Marshall fight kind of scares me - she's so bloodthirsty (yet I find this amusing, as well). She needs a little Zen meditation, methinks. I do love how into the matches she gets, how protective of Marshall. How *possessive* of Marshall. Nice touch.

I've seen the gear before, but I think I'd like to see the finishing move Marshall last used. I bet that's a beauty.
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Ooooh, Kendo. Though never having trained in it, I'm following you pretty well. We have kenjutsu training at our class, so this is not totally unfamiliar.

Bokken are good for sword forms, practicing cuts and such, but used for sparring - is he insane? Wimpy me has been hit a few times with a bokken - totally sucks. No wonder he has those bruises! Shinai - though often painful in strikes themselves - I reserve their use for the sparring. I'm not Musashi, after all. lol ;~P

Seriously, this has a nice intro. The conversation is pretty on par with their relationship and personalities, and like you, I can really see Marshall getting into kendo. For my own fics, I have more empty-handed MA for him, but this is an awesome art that fits his interests.

Great first chapter. On to
shadoweaver9 chapter 5 . 6/22/2010
thank you for the wonderful story. the world definately needs more mary/marshall fics! i look foward to reading more of your work.
Premenstrual Princess chapter 5 . 5/15/2010
Ahh, nothing like a good read.

You know its good when you don't have to stop to correct spelling/grammar errors. Your diction is wonderful and you paint a very vivid picture.

Rock on, my friend.

Rock on. :)
KagomeBadass17 chapter 5 . 5/7/2010
I love it.
KagomeBadass17 chapter 4 . 5/7/2010
Very nice. It's a combo of Hott(And it was VERY Hott) and Sweet.
KagomeBadass17 chapter 3 . 5/7/2010
A lust-filled horny Mary whose gonna ride him until their both tired.