Reviews for FALLING FURTHER IN
lachender chapter 35 . 10/20
Well, it is wonderfully written. If only it was less ooc (often very annoyingly ooc) and well, less of everything except quality. One book doesn't need so many twists, it's distracting, and doesn't give the reader a chance to enjoy them.
But thank you for your work. I'm sure it's just author's 'growing pains'. The important thing is that you are a real author, you've got talent for it. Good luck!
lachender chapter 27 . 10/20
It's a very odd feeling. On one hand, it is wonderfully written. A bit too many ups and downs for my taste, but that's just me, the narrative is gripping. I enjoy reading and would like to finish it. But on the other hand there are plenty of things that ring false in themselves as well as to the original. The way they react to Harry's behaviour, which seemed unnatural from the start. At first it looked like a typical Harry bashing, but clearly there is more to it. In which case it is extremely odd that people reacted the way they did. The level to which Snape changed and ways in which he changed. How annoying Hermione is most of the time and how little people react to it. The marysueing of muggle ideas and Ron and Hermione. Way overboard. All grown up wizards are idiots, you just need a couple of 17yearolds, and all the world problems will be resolved. Etc, etc.
But it's a testament to how good it is written that one can ignore it most of the time and keep reading.
I know you wrote this story only after GoF but even then, the characters ate so Zooc. It seems like Hermione had been friends with Snape since years to have a conversation like that with him. It’s just vague...
Hetc chapter 35 . 6/20
3rd time of reading & I enjoy it every time. This is wonderful, with so many excellent ideas - Hogwarts' Warden, the appearance detracting charm, the House of Mirth, taking the focus off Harry & moving it to the ensemble.
Thanks so much for writing, & for finishing it; even your notes are better than some completed fics.
mylittlebakersdozen chapter 35 . 6/16
I have so thoroughly enjoyed your story, and for so many different reasons. In no particular order:
1) Your vocabulary. Sometimes I like to think of myself as well-read, but with the number of times I had to look up words to make sure I knew the correct definitions, nope. I certainly don’t mind being humbled by that.
2) Speaking of looking up words, as an American I enjoyed learning British slang. Fug? Still makes me smile.
3) Thank you for making Ron likeable. He always was in the books, I thought, but Rupert Grint really killed that crucial aspect of the character. Ugh.
4) I’ve only just recently stumbled upon HGSS fanfic, and it’s the only HP fic I’ll read. Don’t want to hear any more about Harry, completely uninterested in any other pairings. HGSS just makes sense, once you take the obvious blinders off. Why the hell JKR ever thought she would go for Ron, and *stay* married to him is completely beyond me. Oh well. Author’s liberties, I suppose.
5) I adored the epilogue, and imagining a plump, greying Hermione made me smile.
6) Ron as Warden — never saw that coming, but I liked that twist!
7) Your snark and bone dry wit as Snape was sublime. His sparring with Hermione was always a favorite to read.
8) I don’t know why, but that scene with Norbert on the roof and Minerva scolding Charlie just tickled my funny bone.
9) The brief notes and minimized detail in the last few chapters did not bother me at all. They neatly tied up loose ends without causing you angst over writing another 20,000 words. That’s a win in my book!
I think that’s about it, but that should give you an inkling to how much I enjoyed reading this. Thank you for the escapism, especially during these trying times!
Take care!
Jen/mlbd
Rosmerta chapter 34 . 3/31
I’ve just re-read FFI for the umpteenth time, and I think what I like best about this fic is the wonderful way the Order and the staff of Hogwarts is portrayed - each character so well fleshed out, all working together as a team, so caring of one another each in their own way. Severus is rolling his eyes at my Hufflepuff sentimentality, but I can’t help it - this is a big part of what keeps me coming back, as satisfying as the HG/SS dynamic is (and that’s wonderful too). Thanks again for sharing this with us!
BlueHP chapter 6 . 8/16/2019
Ayy. My name is Susanna too!
moodygoody chapter 35 . 8/10/2019
Oh this is one of a kind! Never have I ever read anything like this. Brilliant!
kate1309 chapter 35 . 7/23/2019
Have to say, you stuck with it for a long time, so I don't blame you for not wanting to write all of it. I do appreciate the notes explaining how it would've ended though. It was sweet. Thank you for all the time you put into this, it made for a great story! I loved it!
Guest chapter 35 . 5/13/2019
Love it even rushed it was a great story
Guest chapter 35 . 4/30/2019
Thank you! Lovely story :) I really appreciate that you included your notes for how the story would conclude
bagelthebunny chapter 11 . 3/28/2019
Okay, so I am not sure how to phrase this, but I guess I'll start by saying that when I first began reading this I was very optimistic. Your writing seemed to flow fine and the plot was interesting. However, somewhere around chapter three the story started feeling a little flat like it was missing something. I couldn't pinpoint what the problem was so I kept reading. However, as I kept going the flatness became straight up disconnect. I would like to mention that I am not trying to insult or demean your writing, but I do think that certain improvements definitely should be made if you wish to retain a larger following of the story. I feel like the main issue is the way you portray the relationships in the story and the way you progress with the plot. The relationships all seem a little stilted and half complete. Every time you begin getting somewhere, something happens and its almost like there is no substance to the relationships and interactions. I think this problem is directly correlated to the way you implement you plot, which is many times not at all. I feel like the story keeps going no where and thus you are creating a situation where you are developing characters in a static situation causing them to progress in circles. I wish I could say that I will keep reading, but I can't seem to really get into this story. I will say that I think you are a good writer and you are on the cusp of creating a great story, but I think there are definitely improvements to be made. (Also, why did you change the first names of the characters from Harry Potter?)
Jelenybeany chapter 35 . 3/26/2019
This wasn't my favorite. I felt like the plot was both convoluted and lacking. I see I'm in the minority, but it just didn't do it for me.
Guest chapter 35 . 3/2/2019
Thank you for writing, thank you for finishing, just thank you.
What a wonderful wonderful beautiful story; thank you for sharing and blessing us with something you could have kept to yourself. Astounding, you've made my day, and perhaps if I'm lucky, my week.
Guest chapter 18 . 3/1/2019