|Reviews for FALLING FURTHER IN|
| ChosenInWinter chapter 10 . 7/5
While I do enjoy your story- I don’t think that the “accustomed to rejection” Snape you’re describing and the unusual teenage lothorio you’ve created jive well together. Snape with all sorts of girl friends is already throwing me for a loop but to then also still say he’s always rejected? Why include the “girlfriends” persona at all?
I like your story but Snape is very OOC and it makes the story a little hard to get into.
| WiseFly nee nl.albert87 chapter 1 . 2/5
im pretty sure i read this years ago, will read when i finish current fic.. so excited
| Guest chapter 35 . 9/12/2021
Thank goodness I found this on someone's list. I am starting to appreciate more original and creative quality stories that challenge both canon and fanon. I will never favor the Granger/Snape match, but I totally support their friendship and the concept of, but not the title of inner circle of Hogwarts. I also wish Harry could have melded with Hogwarts and Ron could have paired with Millicent. Harry needs a believable happy ending. But you have gifted us with beautiful writing and a full template, so I can move the characters around to my liking in my own mind. Black/Lupin is an inspired match if there ever was one. Maybe the reason I prefer Hermione with a minor character is that she reminds me of the ultimate Mary Sue or self insert in so much fanfiction. There is nothing in the Snape character of the books to inspire the devotion of fan fiction writers. It is all from the genius of the late Alan Rickman. You have written an amazing tribute to his skill.
| aprisea chapter 7 . 5/27/2021
I liked the story and very well written. But it's too much OOC for me
| Alexlc chapter 35 . 12/9/2020
Loved it. Thanks for writing.
| lachender chapter 35 . 10/20/2020
Well, it is wonderfully written. If only it was less ooc (often very annoyingly ooc) and well, less of everything except quality. One book doesn't need so many twists, it's distracting, and doesn't give the reader a chance to enjoy them.
But thank you for your work. I'm sure it's just author's 'growing pains'. The important thing is that you are a real author, you've got talent for it. Good luck!
| lachender chapter 27 . 10/20/2020
It's a very odd feeling. On one hand, it is wonderfully written. A bit too many ups and downs for my taste, but that's just me, the narrative is gripping. I enjoy reading and would like to finish it. But on the other hand there are plenty of things that ring false in themselves as well as to the original. The way they react to Harry's behaviour, which seemed unnatural from the start. At first it looked like a typical Harry bashing, but clearly there is more to it. In which case it is extremely odd that people reacted the way they did. The level to which Snape changed and ways in which he changed. How annoying Hermione is most of the time and how little people react to it. The marysueing of muggle ideas and Ron and Hermione. Way overboard. All grown up wizards are idiots, you just need a couple of 17yearolds, and all the world problems will be resolved. Etc, etc.
But it's a testament to how good it is written that one can ignore it most of the time and keep reading.
| Guest chapter 3 . 6/23/2020
I know you wrote this story only after GoF but even then, the characters ate so Zooc. It seems like Hermione had been friends with Snape since years to have a conversation like that with him. It’s just vague...
| Hetc chapter 35 . 6/20/2020
3rd time of reading & I enjoy it every time. This is wonderful, with so many excellent ideas - Hogwarts' Warden, the appearance detracting charm, the House of Mirth, taking the focus off Harry & moving it to the ensemble.
Thanks so much for writing, & for finishing it; even your notes are better than some completed fics.
| mylittlebakersdozen chapter 35 . 6/16/2020
I have so thoroughly enjoyed your story, and for so many different reasons. In no particular order:
1) Your vocabulary. Sometimes I like to think of myself as well-read, but with the number of times I had to look up words to make sure I knew the correct definitions, nope. I certainly don’t mind being humbled by that.
2) Speaking of looking up words, as an American I enjoyed learning British slang. Fug? Still makes me smile.
3) Thank you for making Ron likeable. He always was in the books, I thought, but Rupert Grint really killed that crucial aspect of the character. Ugh.
4) I’ve only just recently stumbled upon HGSS fanfic, and it’s the only HP fic I’ll read. Don’t want to hear any more about Harry, completely uninterested in any other pairings. HGSS just makes sense, once you take the obvious blinders off. Why the hell JKR ever thought she would go for Ron, and *stay* married to him is completely beyond me. Oh well. Author’s liberties, I suppose.
5) I adored the epilogue, and imagining a plump, greying Hermione made me smile.
6) Ron as Warden — never saw that coming, but I liked that twist!
7) Your snark and bone dry wit as Snape was sublime. His sparring with Hermione was always a favorite to read.
8) I don’t know why, but that scene with Norbert on the roof and Minerva scolding Charlie just tickled my funny bone.
9) The brief notes and minimized detail in the last few chapters did not bother me at all. They neatly tied up loose ends without causing you angst over writing another 20,000 words. That’s a win in my book!
I think that’s about it, but that should give you an inkling to how much I enjoyed reading this. Thank you for the escapism, especially during these trying times!
| Rosmerta chapter 34 . 3/31/2020
I’ve just re-read FFI for the umpteenth time, and I think what I like best about this fic is the wonderful way the Order and the staff of Hogwarts is portrayed - each character so well fleshed out, all working together as a team, so caring of one another each in their own way. Severus is rolling his eyes at my Hufflepuff sentimentality, but I can’t help it - this is a big part of what keeps me coming back, as satisfying as the HG/SS dynamic is (and that’s wonderful too). Thanks again for sharing this with us!
| BlueHP chapter 6 . 8/16/2019
Ayy. My name is Susanna too!
| moodygoody chapter 35 . 8/10/2019
Oh this is one of a kind! Never have I ever read anything like this. Brilliant!
| kate1309 chapter 35 . 7/23/2019
Have to say, you stuck with it for a long time, so I don't blame you for not wanting to write all of it. I do appreciate the notes explaining how it would've ended though. It was sweet. Thank you for all the time you put into this, it made for a great story! I loved it!
| Guest chapter 35 . 5/13/2019
Love it even rushed it was a great story