Reviews for Odds and Ends
stoopid dawg chapter 4 . 2/12
I would have liked to see a Harry/Padma pairing... Harry would do better with a smart girl than a fan girl... If he looks at Hermione as a sister (which I think he did in canon), Padma would be a good match who would bring out the best in Harry.
I think Neville would definitely go after Hermione. Remember, he asked her to the Yule Ball before Ron or Harry thought about in in canon, but after Viktor asked her. I saw more hints in the books that Hermione & Neville would become a couple over Hermione and Ron - especially after Lavender got involved with Won-Won.
Nytefyre chapter 10 . 12/28/2016
Wow. Sinister and completely hard to imagine the advantage or why Snape is so cooperative?

Thanks for writing and sharing.
Anon chapter 8 . 12/11/2016
Do you remember being 13 and 14 years old on any level?
Any at all?
It's a continual problem in all of these little idea's, but for some reason, it really stuck out here in this one.
Neither Harry nor Ginny are adults. They do not act like adults, nor should they. They! Are! CHILDREN!
What's more, you make it clear the they started acting like this when they were 11 and 12 respectively.
Children, even teenagers, do not act like that. They do not know how. They do not have the live experience necessary to make the calm, rational decisions you depict throughout this story. If nothing else, their brain chemistry hasn't even fully finished settling yet.
Some of the other reviewers talk about how Rowling sucks at romance when she's an adult, but somehow expect a 12 to 14 year old boy, and a 11 to 13 year old girl to somehow be EXPERTS!
Show me ONE 14 year old boy or 13 year old girl who's legal guardians shouldn't be arrested for sexual misconduct with minors who has a flipping clue about romance. JUST ONE!
They! Don't! Exist!
At least not if you're even slightly honest.

One of the things I loved in the books, plot-holes and all, was I could visualize someone I knew in real live in every single character, even Riddle unfortunately. Give them even have way dependable magic and the would be, for all intents and purposes, the HP characters.

And you should check out the story "Weres Harry" by Dobbyelflord for a MUCH better characterization of Dumbledore which does an incredibly good job of explaining his actions while keeping his character in canon.
He does a better job while keeping him canon then is done explaining his actions here in these stories changing his character to match poorly conceived, and even worse thought out, ideas.
GeorgeTobor chapter 9 . 12/6/2016
Harry and the wizarding world were doomed.
Until JKR pulled the deux ex machina call MASTER OF DEATH.
Guest chapter 9 . 10/31/2016
It's nice to see a Harry who doesn't react with violence in this situation and instead tears Dumbledore's arguments apart. The other question is whether he would really do that as a fifteen year old who just lost his godfather. And as Dumbledore made sure that Harry spent less time with Sirius than Ron did, it's not like he has reason for a real attachment to the person Sirius. It's more that Sirius was his possibility to get away from the Dursleys, and that is what he lost.

In a way, Dumbledore wanted Harry raised exactly so that he would consider his life so bad and worthless that he would be willing to die. Death can't be worse than what his life has been? Insofar this is exactly what Dumbledore wanted.
The question therefor is, will Harry find a reason not to follow Dumbledore's plan and instead want to live?
Guest chapter 8 . 10/31/2016
It's just one of Rowling's many plot holes, but if it is so easy to bind people unwillingly to magical contracts, just enter Riddle's name into the goblet. Then either tell him and catch him when he comes, or don't tell him and wait till his magic is lost.

Another point that is ignored in canon, and is explicit in stories like these is whether the hostages are asked for permission. The champions have supposedly volunteered and accepted the danger, but the hostages have not. Would Dumbledore be prepared to take an unbreakable vow that there will be no permanent damage to the hostages, for whatever reason? If there is no danger for the hostages, there would be no danger to take to vow, but it is most likely he would refuse.
Guest chapter 7 . 10/31/2016
Dumbledore explicitly said he would not remove Harry's scar, even if he could. That was right before he placed him on the doorstep, in November.

I also agree with your arguments about a will. It's reasonable to have a will if they have a child. Even more so in time of war, and especially as they know Voldemort is after them. It's also reasonable to assume the will specified multiple guardians, because as mentioned it was a time of war, so anybody named might be dead by the time the will is read. And it makes sense to name alternatives to Sirius because he pretended to be the secret keeper and was therefor at even higher risk.

It is also highly likely that Dumbledore caused Sirius to be sent to Azkaban because Sirius would not have allowed Harry to be sent to the Dursleys, and that was an important point of Dumbledore's plan.

In summary, I think Dumbledore is one of the worst leaders that happened to the magical community. Hagrid says Dumbledore is the best Headmaster of Hogwart. That would imply all others were even worse.

They should trash Dumbledore's reputation, and make sure he never again hurts someone.
Darth-Vulturnus chapter 10 . 8/14/2016
Late to the party, but I'll add this. I have no problem with Dumbledore being evil, that's what ACI is for after all. I do, however, take issue with him being this blatantly heavy-handed about it. I feel like that's Tom Riddle's thing, and Dumbledore has had far more years to perfect subtlety.

And say what you want about the magical compatibility thing being inspired by blood types, I still think it sounds suspiciously like NTR bait.
teedub chapter 4 . 7/16/2016
another detail to this scenario: the summer after 4th is when harry's "friends" stop writing to him or writing such worthless letters as to be the same. Since Padma isn't on DD's radar, she never got the memo and wrote to harry as a regular friend would without concern of "mail being intercepted". This would be a big juxtaposition between the support from his so-called friends after a traumatic incident and and Padma.
bookivore chapter 9 . 5/27/2016
Or, Harry could go with the understanding that when Dumbledore says "Love" and "good" and "Light" he means you do what I expect you to do and we can go sliding right back off to canon.

Those guys at the DOM could be studying social pressure in there, couldn't they? Voldemort feels none of it, Harry feels all of it, even when there's he could just as easily say who are you people with your crazy clothes and weird ways and why should I care?

One of the weirdest points in canon, I think, is that scene early in HBP when Harry says he's going to do what Dumbledore says because not following Dumble's directions has always messed everything up. I'm like whut? Did I miss a ton of scenes where Harry was given instructions or something? But if Harry is a little human weathervane just basking in the glow of being in the same room as someone he knows what they want from him.
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 3/4/2016
This reminded me of a one shot (at least, I think it was) I read which had Harry and Parvati secretly getting together during 5th year and destroying the Horcruxes, including the one in his scar, vanquishing Voldy and the DEs, and getting rid of Umbridge. It was quite fun, and I wish I could remember who wrote it, as I'd like to read it again. Any ideas, anyone?
Rune Tobor chapter 1 . 2/15/2016
Ginny hate...

Hmmm...

First blame Rowling, she doesn't just suck at romance she fails with a negative score!
Second blame Molly and her use of a love potion on Arthur.
Magical rape is what Molly did, and she thinks it was OK, no remorse.
Yes men can be drugged and raped, it is just as evil as the reverse!
Molly is overbearing, controlling, sure she is never wrong, a female Albus.

The many fics where Harry is portioned could be Canon, it is never known if Arthur found out Molly drugged him.

The Ginny hate is based on what we know from the books, and you say nothing about "Molly hate".

Now you have made good points about Ginny in your profile, I even agree with you.

But I blame JKR, she had a diamond idea but turned it into coal.

Perfect stories don't have much if any fanfiction, there are no plot holes and no loose ends, nothing to improve or do differently.

Badly written works that have good ideas, those generate lots of fics.
Rake1810 chapter 10 . 2/6/2016
Interesting idea. Hope to see you update again.
The Muse of Apollo chapter 4 . 12/26/2015
I think I may be interested in adopting this one. I really like the idea of Harry/Padma starting at the end of 4th year. I've been looking for another HP story that I can adapt and continue, this one may be it. Do you mind if I do?

Matt
MM chapter 6 . 12/9/2015
Not bad, do like the choice of Port Hedland. Random? Not always the best place, speaking as someone born there.