Reviews for Odds and Ends
Damn! I wish you would continue this story!
Loved it! Hope some writer picks up the idea and does it justice!
xOdie chapter 10 . 4/8
I just finished reading Magical Compatibility. An excellent beginning to a story. Do you know if anyone has completed it?
I am also interested in what you think Hermione may have written. Obvious it was a clue to unlock the obliviation and a clue(s) to what Dumbledore is doing.
Thanks for all your stories. I have just started reading them. Found them via Epeefencer.
xOdie
Katzztar chapter 7 . 4/2
That was one of the many things in book 7 that irked me. It made it sound as just murder was needed to create a horocrux. I rmember having to reread it (though haven't read it since) thinking "Did the book just make it sound as if the act of murder is the only thing, the only requirement to create a horocrux?"

One key way to prove that murder alone is that none, not one, of his followers had a horocrux but they have killed a lot. Wormtail did not create a horocrux when he killed Cedric. Voldemort was the only one known in recent times to have one. (okay he had more than one but point is he is the wizard to have made a horocrux, period. Also Voldemort has killed more than just 6-7 people,

Then compare what was in Harry's scar to the real horocruxes. The artifacts had protections in them, plus they had a level (varying per item) of semi-sentience that could interact with whomever is holding them or trying to destroy them. None of that holds true for Harry's scar.

I believe it is not enough to make a horocrux by just murder. Personally I have a headcanon that it takes 3 rituals to create a horocrux.
1- prepare the vessel for the soul piece, also adds protections at this time
2- a ritualized murder on a specific night (full or new moon, equinox, winter solstice ect). Maybe there is needed a specific type of victim (virgin, newborn ect) Its not just a murder but one done in a ritual that allows the cleaving of the soul moves soul piece to the prepared vessel
3- final one 'closes' it, finalizing the time of adding spells to it. making it impossible to add new ones and activates the protections.

With this head-canon, do I think Harry's scar was a horocrux? No, a soul leach maybe a sliver of a soul possibly, but since it didn't have any awareness or protections like the diary or locket, it wasn't a horocrux.
Homicidal Roommate chapter 5 . 12/16/2017
Reading this again for the 6th time it clicked. Mini guns have 2 triggers. pressing the first releases 30 rounds a sec. After that the safety disengages and you can push the second trigger releasing 60 rounds a second. Even with a tracer round every 10th round it looks like a laser. Coolest thing is watching it cut a car in half with the flick of a wrist.
Delathen chapter 10 . 12/1/2017
Slighty evil? Oh no, giving someone a calming draft before a tense argument is slightly evil.

Messing with people's memories and direct discrimination against an entire class of people in order to force marriages and control society in invisible chains of oaths is arguably worse than anything Voldemort ever wanted to do. It's certainly on par with muggleborn!camps.
ctc1000 chapter 11 . 11/25/2017
I just saw this - I love the idea of Millicent beating up Ron Weasley. Also regardless of the pairing, I like Hermione having friends besides Ron (the prat) and Harry. EH - not crazy about the Draco redemption project. I am not saying he needs to be pure evil or anything (a 11 year old has to make his choices) but an obnoxious entitled prat - yeah I am not that excited about rooting for him to come out on top.

I do think the most interesting outcome would be Harry without the whole I gotta face the Slytherins dynamic and deal with Malfoy while egged on by Ron. Would he be more cunning? Have his own mind - work with Neville to fix his wand, and maybe break the spell on Neville's parents - there are interesting side effects that come from that. The second most interesting thing would be whether Snape and Dumbledore gets exposed for running such a crap school.
DragonTamer01 chapter 11 . 10/14/2017
This story does not redeem you for that crapfest that was the previous chapter. My definition of a “Harry Potter Crapfest”? I hate the story so much that it makes me want to launch a NUKE at Hogwarts.
DannyBoy2k chapter 11 . 9/17/2017
Parvati. R before V.
Kairan1979 chapter 11 . 9/7/2017
You know what can be hillarious in that story? Millie coming to rescue Hermione and beating up the Troll.
witowsmp chapter 11 . 9/6/2017
This looks like a fun idea. The truth is that there are very few true Slytherins anyway. A true Slytherin would never be caught doing wrong, and certainly wouldn't be openly proclaiming their loyalty to a criminal. They would pretend to be everyone's friend while plotting how to use that person. Draco truly doesn't belong in any house. He's not brave, hardworking or bookish, and has all the subtlety of a hurricane.
major wallace chapter 11 . 9/3/2017
nice work
riegert8 chapter 11 . 9/1/2017
In my opinion Slytherin was ostracized and disliked by the our house, long before Snape became head of Slytherin house. Look at some of Slytherin house member from early 1970s and you see that their personality would rub people the wrong, I think Slytherin was disliked for a long time.

So I don't think that Snape cause the issue with Slytherin, but I do think he made it worse.
HB half blood chapter 11 . 8/29/2017
took a little bit to figure that one out
Nytefyre chapter 11 . 8/31/2017
Interesting premise. I can see Further being involved and bringing in unspeakables and still not listening and Hogwarts disappearing.. hmm.. which could lead to a cross with Shannara.

Thanks for writing and sharing.