Reviews for Odds and Ends
mannd1068 chapter 7 . 4/15/2011
I liked this chapter, however the will question could be that like many young couples/parents today, most do not have wills until they get older as they believe they do not have anything to divide up nor as they are young will anything happen to them so they will raise thier children. I honestly don't think the Potters had a will because James was such a daredevil, I believe he thought that nothing could happen to him or Lily so why draw one up.

Again, excellent chapter! And good job giving Dumbledore Exactly what he deserves.
Zucht chapter 6 . 3/24/2011
I rather enjoyed this story. While not completely original, the way Harry got to Austrailia was.
jmmistytamplen chapter 7 . 3/16/2011
Now this is a story I would like to see continued. Imagine the chaos that is going to result, not only from the article in the Prophet, but from the fact that Harry isn't at the Dursleys. Well done!

Jane
GinnyLover14 chapter 7 . 2/24/2011
I like this one. Hopefully you'll turn it into a story after you finish Lily's Child(*nudge* *nudge*)
Binka Fudge chapter 7 . 1/29/2011
Just thought you'd like to know I have the biggest smile on my face right now. This was brilliant! I'd really love to know what happens to Harry as he grows up, but this really does well as a stand alone piece.
Binka Fudge chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
I don't know what this says about me as a person, but I really enjoyed this idea. For some reason the last ending, the one with the pineapple bombs was my favourite, it had a Monty Python-ish air to it. I really wish they were still all around so they could film a Harry Potter micky take.
Binka Fudge chapter 4 . 1/29/2011
Ooo,I feel all nice and happy after that. I really wish JKR had done that, it would've made for a much more interesting end to the series. I really hope someone takes up the idea for this story, I'm dying to see what happens and while I've dabled a little in writing fan fiction, I don't think I'd know where to start with Padma, being such a blank slate. And as for Hermione, I think she might do quite well with Neville, although I must admit I prefer seeing her paired with either Fred or George. Yeah, I know they don't seem to have much in common, but if you look hard you might find something, especially considering we don't know that much about the twins from canon.
Bobmin356 chapter 7 . 1/24/2011
This short has a lot of potential to it. Please consider it further before consigning it to the trash heap.
reader1writer1 chapter 7 . 1/15/2011
I enjoyed all of these but this last one especially. I'd really love Dumbledore's reaction(s) after the next day's paper, and then later, when the Potters return. This has a lot of potential. :)
piad2691 chapter 7 . 1/12/2011
Other stories about James/Lilly alive: See ROBST, hes got a new one.

Waited really long for Soul, didnt we, hmmmm.

Hope you are on the bike again. Lokking forward to some smakdown of important people.
Selonianth chapter 7 . 1/6/2011
meanwhile everyone and their brother thinks Lily and James are dead.
Luan Mao chapter 7 . 1/5/2011
I like it! I've read a handful of "James and Lily live" stories, some of them very good, but all had them as self-centered cretins or dupes. Your story breaks new ground, for me at least.

I like the technique of a character telling a story with "and you can imagine you were there...". Consider it stolen. But wouldn't you have preferred to put **FLASHBACK!** before and after that block? It's all the rage...

Regards,

LM
BARON2462 chapter 7 . 1/5/2011
this was a great idea for a story i would love to see you continue to expand on for posting
Shadows-of-Realm chapter 7 . 1/4/2011
Kevin,

That was great! I loved the plotline and the approach was the best I've seen for this classic genre. Would you be willing to write a sequel? Maybe showing what happens ten years later?
Jimm chapter 7 . 1/4/2011
Interesting story idea. Thanks for sharing it with us.
287 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »