Reviews for Odds and Ends
noylj chapter 3 . 5/8/2011
"But you've been too busy saving the wizarding world," said Ginny, half-laughing. "Well... I can't say I'm surprised. I knew this would happen in the end. I knew you wouldn't be happy unless you were hunting Voldemort. Maybe that's why I like you so much."

This is the single most stupid thing Ginny ever said. It even beats out Phlegm as a reason I started to dislike Ginny. She knows NOTHING about Harry if she believes this.
noylj chapter 2 . 5/8/2011
The problem with any story that starts with Harry's first year at Hoggy or even earlier is that the author will need to rush through the years (meaning keeping a bunch of canon that just makes no sense with a loving home) or have a major writing effort to look forward to (at least the equivalent of 7 books).

Also, as part of the above, if Harry gets loving guardians, then it makes no sense to have Harry go through the seven abused years at Hoggy.

First: one word about Snivellus, and I would be all over the headmaster, the school governors, and a solicitor.

Secong: one word about a troll, and I would be all over sueing the school and pulling my child.

NONE of canon can reasonably happen if Harry has a loving guardian (unless Bumbles kills the gruardian).
draco122 chapter 4 . 5/7/2011
ok i really really liked this story a lot and i mean a lot. I think i will have to use it if you do not mind that is. I may take it over if that is ok with you

Draco122
mannd1068 chapter 7 . 4/15/2011
I liked this chapter, however the will question could be that like many young couples/parents today, most do not have wills until they get older as they believe they do not have anything to divide up nor as they are young will anything happen to them so they will raise thier children. I honestly don't think the Potters had a will because James was such a daredevil, I believe he thought that nothing could happen to him or Lily so why draw one up.

Again, excellent chapter! And good job giving Dumbledore Exactly what he deserves.
Zucht chapter 6 . 3/24/2011
I rather enjoyed this story. While not completely original, the way Harry got to Austrailia was.
jmmistytamplen chapter 7 . 3/16/2011
Now this is a story I would like to see continued. Imagine the chaos that is going to result, not only from the article in the Prophet, but from the fact that Harry isn't at the Dursleys. Well done!

Jane
GinnyLover14 chapter 7 . 2/24/2011
I like this one. Hopefully you'll turn it into a story after you finish Lily's Child(*nudge* *nudge*)
Binka Fudge chapter 7 . 1/29/2011
Just thought you'd like to know I have the biggest smile on my face right now. This was brilliant! I'd really love to know what happens to Harry as he grows up, but this really does well as a stand alone piece.
Binka Fudge chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
I don't know what this says about me as a person, but I really enjoyed this idea. For some reason the last ending, the one with the pineapple bombs was my favourite, it had a Monty Python-ish air to it. I really wish they were still all around so they could film a Harry Potter micky take.
Binka Fudge chapter 4 . 1/29/2011
Ooo,I feel all nice and happy after that. I really wish JKR had done that, it would've made for a much more interesting end to the series. I really hope someone takes up the idea for this story, I'm dying to see what happens and while I've dabled a little in writing fan fiction, I don't think I'd know where to start with Padma, being such a blank slate. And as for Hermione, I think she might do quite well with Neville, although I must admit I prefer seeing her paired with either Fred or George. Yeah, I know they don't seem to have much in common, but if you look hard you might find something, especially considering we don't know that much about the twins from canon.
Bobmin356 chapter 7 . 1/24/2011
This short has a lot of potential to it. Please consider it further before consigning it to the trash heap.
reader1writer1 chapter 7 . 1/15/2011
I enjoyed all of these but this last one especially. I'd really love Dumbledore's reaction(s) after the next day's paper, and then later, when the Potters return. This has a lot of potential. :)
piad2691 chapter 7 . 1/12/2011
Other stories about James/Lilly alive: See ROBST, hes got a new one.

Waited really long for Soul, didnt we, hmmmm.

Hope you are on the bike again. Lokking forward to some smakdown of important people.
Selonianth chapter 7 . 1/6/2011
meanwhile everyone and their brother thinks Lily and James are dead.
Luan Mao chapter 7 . 1/5/2011
I like it! I've read a handful of "James and Lily live" stories, some of them very good, but all had them as self-centered cretins or dupes. Your story breaks new ground, for me at least.

I like the technique of a character telling a story with "and you can imagine you were there...". Consider it stolen. But wouldn't you have preferred to put **FLASHBACK!** before and after that block? It's all the rage...

Regards,