Reviews for Odds and Ends
noylj chapter 9 . 8/30/2017
Bumbles would love potion Harry.
Bumbles would obliviate Harry.
Bumbles would put compulsions on Harry.
Bumbles would pack him up and shove him back into Durzkaban.
Bumbles is NOT a nice person.
noylj chapter 8 . 8/30/2017
You are one of the few to give bumbles justice. Thanks.
Still, no one cares about the dangers to those who are NOT part of the TWT, like a 13 y o Ginny.
noylj chapter 7 . 8/30/2017
This would be a great multi-chapter story, particularly if you DIDN'T follow canon events at all. I could see them getting training and training Harry and them finding out what was in the scar and finding a way to track the horcruces. Could be a lot of fun.
Guest chapter 11 . 8/27/2017
I always thought Slytherin was kind of unrealistic imo. There is no way a head like Severus could get away with his actions, and I know he has stans but he made things so much worse for the Slytherin students. There was a rampant problem with bigotry, but every Slytherin student was treated like they were part of the problem.

Basically, I think the hat had a valid point.
Guest chapter 11 . 8/27/2017
I'm with Noble Korhedron, what is HB in this context?
N Flamel chapter 11 . 8/29/2017
Thanks for this short chapter that's just brimming with ideas. Probably most interesting to me was the Hat basically saying both Gryffindor and Ravenclaw have strayed from what their founders wanted. Are they now being watched by the Hat and subject to elimination, too, if they don't become more aligned with their founder? Only Hufflepuff escaped criticism from the Hat, except for him singing how they were looked down upon by the other houses. What's interesting is that none of the professors or Albus noticed these comments, since they were focused on Slytherin being eliminated.

Beyond that, you have Draco's presence in a hostile Gryffindor, with the strong prospect of him and Ron continually snipping at each other. Harry is especially interesting since he reacted to the Hat's comment that he was a true Slytherin. Maybe that will cause Harry to use more (all?) of his qualities. At the same time, by pairing with Neville, perhaps Harry can bring Nev's outstanding qualities to the surface much sooner than in canon, while Neville can introduce Harry to the purebloods he's friends with, thus expanding Harry's range of friends (and support), while giving him a more balanced view of life in the magical world.

While this story is up for adoption, it would be nice to see what you would do with it. Just a subtle push, Kev. Best, Nicolas
The Nachoman chapter 11 . 8/28/2017
This idea is great! I would also wonder how Hogwarts would be this day if the Hat had performed this move in the recent pastsay, specifically in protest against the hiring of Severus Snape, and thus having gone on for at least the last dozen years.
alix33 chapter 11 . 8/28/2017
I’m shocked at the hat’s honest song too.
Honestly, when isn’t Snape in a major snit?
“overworked” should be one word.
Yay! for the vengefully very satisfying mental pic of Milli belting that odious Ron Weasley.
lord Martiya chapter 11 . 8/28/2017
You got me-I laughed out, HARD.
The Nachoman chapter 1 . 8/28/2017
I'd be personally partial to an antimaterial sniper rifle, but to each their own. Furthermore, Harry would be lucky to kill a dozen with such a weapon... even if he would most likely horribly mangle a few dozen in the process.
noylj chapter 6 . 8/28/2017
It is a lot more rational than almost all other stories, except I don't believe that ANYTHING could get the English Wizards/Witches to start fighting back.
Note: as far as I am concerned, the prophesy wasn't met in canon either, as Voldie more or less killed himself...
noylj chapter 10 . 8/27/2017
And, if you know your blood type, it is a good bet that you already are a donor.
teedub chapter 11 . 8/27/2017
There will probably be quite the bragging rights for the last years of Slytherin House.

Milli being a very strong foil for Hermione's aggressive and controlling tendencies should be quite interesting. Hermione wouldn't become such good friends with Harry I'll bet. The entire dynamics have changed. Harry, with Neville as a bestie, is probably introduced to many of the pureblood kids from different houses due to interacting with them prior to hogwarts. Thank fuck that this means that Ginny doesn't have an 'in" to Harry via Ron.
quaff chapter 6 . 8/27/2017
It's not a lame ending it's a sensible one. Ty.
Cateagle chapter 11 . 8/27/2017
That's an interesting premise and I'd love to see someone do it justice. I have to wonder just how long Draco would last in Gryffindor before being pulled by his father (Durmstrang bound where, much to his surprise, his family name gains him nothing, perhaps?) and either home-tutored or sent to another school? At this age, Draco's still young enough to change with proper encouragement, but I don't think his godfather will provide that. Lots of interesting possibilities, here.
365 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »