Reviews for Odds and Ends
Stormbow chapter 10 . 1/27
This is a great start to an intriguing story. If you don' t want to finish it I hope that someone else does.

The big question is, "Why is this important to Dumbledore?". Ideas:

1. Power idexes are rock- solid proof that pureblood myths are wrong, possibly showing that muggleborns tend to be significantly more powerful. It's also imperative that he keep this information away from Harry - he can' t know his potential or he mighy start thinking more positively about himself. Dumbledore has invested too much time in making sure that Harry's self esteem is low to allow him to see his potential.

2. A compatibility index would interfere with Dumbledore's matchmaking plans to inject powerful muggleborns into certain families. He has plans there for Harry as well, and it's likely that the witch he wants to match him with is secretly incompatible.

There are some popular fanon cliches in the background most likely, but still, it's a story I' d love to read. Hopefully Harry/Hermione. ;-)
RDaneel chapter 10 . 1/27
Awww, it's bad you don't pursue to continue the story. It looks very promising.
LeprechaunJV chapter 10 . 1/27
Would make interesting story.
Light Lord Cybergate chapter 10 . 1/27
I can fully believe that Dumbledore (I'd call him a different name but it would be too vulgar to post here) would do such a thing.

I wouldn't trust him with a piece of my own s... dung. (He's probably find a way to control me with it)

Ever since my eyes were opened to his manipulations I have always considered him a Dark Lord and unless specifically stated in a story (or by his actions) I automatically think of him as evil...or at the very least untrustworthy at the start of every new story I read.
In fact...every story I write (besides my first) I always have him as an evil manipulator.
I simply love Dumbledore bashing stories... and if it came down to choosing a side (and there was no other option) I'd nearly always choose Voldies side.
At least with Voldemort you know he's evil...and you know what to expect.
FreelanceBum chapter 10 . 1/27
It reminded me very much of it. Well that, and a bit of the 16 type personality test thing.

As an AB- I'm almost the universal recipent...so close to perfect blood greed.

Hmm, I would assume the PI is off in Ginny in the way that is more positive for her, as in higher. Simply due to how the epilogue played out.

However if this is so common during dating, how is it not better known that muggle-borns haven't been getting this done properly yet? That seems excessive. Also if he has been reading mail, why did he let it get to that point?

Bah.
Slytherin66 chapter 10 . 1/27
A very interesting idea. I think Albus wanted Harry controlled so he and Riddle would destroy each other. It would have been bad for Dumbledore if Riddle or Harry had offspring they could all be as powerful or more so than Albus and I doubt the old man would like that.

Thanks for posting this.
jasonjkay chapter 10 . 1/27
Grrr evil manipulative Dumbledore. Maybe Harry should obliviate him and see how he likes it. I think the two words I hate more anything is 'greater good' as any evil Dumbledore is always saying those as a justification for anything. I just wanna walk up to him with a pistol and shoot his brains out while saying for the greater good. Ok rant over, I enjoyed the concept of this chapter and I can imagine Dumbledore getting Harry's results and Molly tricking her daughter into believing she is compatible so she can marry harry and get the gold and all the other evil weasly clich├ęs. I could also see dumbles being threatened and trying to match harry with someone incompatible in order to get weak or squib children that wont take over the world.
Sleepygirl68 chapter 10 . 1/27
Well this sucks!
I shouldn't have read this.
I don't mean this as necessarily a bad thing, it's just frustrating because I want to continue reading this story and it's not going to be finished.
I normally say here "thanks for writing and sharing your story with us" but, I am not thankful because of the aforementioned problem.
(Take this as you will. Either it's a negative review or you could look at as a positive one in that I wanted more.)
Wolfric chapter 10 . 1/27
I like it. Thanks for writing. W.
riegert8 chapter 10 . 1/27
I don't think that Dumbledore forced Pomfrey to take a oath, he got her to believe that it was for the best.
MartinDeShade chapter 10 . 1/26
This was practically the whole story, but you didn't finish it. Its like you got right up to just before the climax and then stopped.
karthik9 chapter 10 . 1/26
It is excellent chapter.I look forward to future updates.
Gioia chapter 10 . 1/26
Thank you for the excellent, heart-racing, edge-of-my-seat story! I do hope your story is adopted,as I am fascinated by your premise.

May I add a note to your PSA? There is an ongoing, urgent, desperate need for bone marrow donations from those of Jewish descent. Gift of life dot org has details, and will even cover the cost of the donor registry kit for those who are ethnically (not just religiously) Jewish.
raspberry dreams chapter 10 . 1/26
Great idea
I would love to see this made into a story
XRaiderV1 chapter 10 . 1/26