Reviews for Odds and Ends
Brennus chapter 10 . 1/27/2015
Harry is a 'sport'? A magical power index that has been hidden from him? This story sounds like a rip-off of Darth Marrs 'Unspeakable Things'.
ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 10 . 1/27/2015
Interesting story line and a bit scary to think it could happen. Thanks for sharing!
Kairan1979 chapter 10 . 1/27/2015
I'm a bit disappointed the story wasn't continued.
Tomon chapter 10 . 1/27/2015
It's of course it's a danger of this category and should be expected but really... to end this story at this point? :-D But okay okay, thanks for sharing :) Nice idea even if I'm not big sell on searching for your partner based on magical compatiblity. It's sort of tamed here in this story so not a big deal.
I'm quite curious about Molly telling her daughter a bad result. Was it really just too early and she didn't know that so only a mistake? Or was there something more? Of course there are more question but this one stand out since the rest... that the story would be for :)
sh777 chapter 10 . 1/27/2015
Sigh, so wanted this to continue. Do you post anywhere if your snippets get adopted?
BJH chapter 10 . 1/27/2015
B- here and I do.

I can think of two possible motivations for Dumbledore: One; to conceal Harry's power level especially if he also put the block on his magic. A weak Harry is easier to kill and in canon it was always Dumbledore's primary objective to see Harry get killed by Voldemort. The second; concealing his compatibility may be linked to Molly's error with the young Ginny. We can adopt the old Albus gets Molly to assist in controling Harry in exchange for marrying Harry and Ginny. Any long term incompatibility is moot since harry is going to die.

What would be amusing would be to have the block be done by Harry's parents because of his out-of-control magic as a baby, no one knowing it, except maybe Sirius. Albus seeing the results of Poppy's rating, which is very low due to the block that no one knows about, then Harry's fights with Voldemort eroding the block and allowing Harry's true power to show. Dumbledore plans to sacrifice magicly weak Harry because he thinks Harry could never defeat Voldemort, but with Amelia, Frettle (BTW is there a reason for the unusual name?) and a couple others guiding Harry, Albus is dethroned and Voldemort overcome.

BJH
HeWhoComesWithTheDawn chapter 10 . 1/27/2015
Interesting story idea. This was a enjoyable read. Thank you for posting.
red-jacobson chapter 10 . 1/27/2015
I'm really sorry you aren't going to continue this one, it has lots of potential, and it's nice to see some new characters that we haven't encountered before.

Red
ZanyMuggle chapter 10 . 1/27/2015
Wow. Intense. I will admit I'm disappointed to know you won't be continuing this idea. Your past three or four stories/ideas have been all over the place - in a very good way. Thank you very much for writing.
Stormbow chapter 10 . 1/27/2015
This is a great start to an intriguing story. If you don' t want to finish it I hope that someone else does.

The big question is, "Why is this important to Dumbledore?". Ideas:

1. Power idexes are rock- solid proof that pureblood myths are wrong, possibly showing that muggleborns tend to be significantly more powerful. It's also imperative that he keep this information away from Harry - he can' t know his potential or he mighy start thinking more positively about himself. Dumbledore has invested too much time in making sure that Harry's self esteem is low to allow him to see his potential.

2. A compatibility index would interfere with Dumbledore's matchmaking plans to inject powerful muggleborns into certain families. He has plans there for Harry as well, and it's likely that the witch he wants to match him with is secretly incompatible.

There are some popular fanon cliches in the background most likely, but still, it's a story I' d love to read. Hopefully Harry/Hermione. ;-)
RDaneel chapter 10 . 1/27/2015
Awww, it's bad you don't pursue to continue the story. It looks very promising.
LeprechaunJV chapter 10 . 1/27/2015
Would make interesting story.
Light Lord Cybergate chapter 10 . 1/27/2015
I can fully believe that Dumbledore (I'd call him a different name but it would be too vulgar to post here) would do such a thing.

I wouldn't trust him with a piece of my own s... dung. (He's probably find a way to control me with it)

Ever since my eyes were opened to his manipulations I have always considered him a Dark Lord and unless specifically stated in a story (or by his actions) I automatically think of him as evil...or at the very least untrustworthy at the start of every new story I read.
In fact...every story I write (besides my first) I always have him as an evil manipulator.
I simply love Dumbledore bashing stories... and if it came down to choosing a side (and there was no other option) I'd nearly always choose Voldies side.
At least with Voldemort you know he's evil...and you know what to expect.
FreelanceBum chapter 10 . 1/27/2015
It reminded me very much of it. Well that, and a bit of the 16 type personality test thing.

As an AB- I'm almost the universal recipent...so close to perfect blood greed.

Hmm, I would assume the PI is off in Ginny in the way that is more positive for her, as in higher. Simply due to how the epilogue played out.

However if this is so common during dating, how is it not better known that muggle-borns haven't been getting this done properly yet? That seems excessive. Also if he has been reading mail, why did he let it get to that point?

Bah.
Slytherin66 chapter 10 . 1/27/2015
A very interesting idea. I think Albus wanted Harry controlled so he and Riddle would destroy each other. It would have been bad for Dumbledore if Riddle or Harry had offspring they could all be as powerful or more so than Albus and I doubt the old man would like that.

Thanks for posting this.