Reviews for Odds and Ends
chain.reader chapter 11 . 8/27/2017
you might want to explain what HB is in the text, google sais Hot Babe or Happy birthday ... *shrugs*
Slytherin66 chapter 11 . 8/27/2017
This was a great idea. I think Ron is a better rival for Draco than Harry. Who would be better off being friends with Neville.

Hermione with a friend like Mili would be good.

I also wonder how things would be in other houses. Would Ravenclaw be a better place Luna might find friends more easily.

Crabbe and his friend will be better off.

Well said "his mother deserved the recognition" not Harry.
rmgiroux chapter 11 . 8/27/2017
This could definitely become a very interesting story. I hope someone does pick it up (or inspiration overwhelms your reluctance :) )

Thanks for sharing!
The Shadows Mistress chapter 11 . 8/27/2017
amusing and could be a lot of fun
FreeTraderBeowolf chapter 11 . 8/27/2017
Instead of Hogwarts itself being sentient, this with the Hat is a riot. I loved the part where he tells them just what will happen if they violate the charter.
Noble Korhedron chapter 11 . 8/27/2017
W.T.F does "HB" mean in regards to this O/S...?
KenF chapter 10 . 8/23/2017
You can't leave this hanging. Somebody obliviating Dumbles and Snape with a brick sounds very good right now. Or a badly overpowered obliviation leaves Snape even more lost that Lockhart. or all the student Dumbles got hammer him, full power, at the same time. Pls see previous comparision to Lockhart.
LifeIsAGreatAdventure chapter 10 . 8/16/2017
I've read several of these and liked them. Too busy to adopt any but boy it would be great if someone would pick this last (no. 10) up as its got a lot of potential. Thanks loads for your hard work on all of these.
Guest chapter 9 . 7/28/2017
You are correct. Dumbledore made sure that Harry would never experience love. Probably even Rowling realized it before she inserted his two weeks with Ginny.

Nobody can really know what happened when Voldemort met the Potters, except maybe Voldemort. And many other people died to protect someone else, yet that never had this result.

Love can be a powerful motivation, but it is not a power in itself.
Guest chapter 7 . 7/28/2017
The Potters should have had a will, whether they were an old family or not. It's not just that the had a young child and the closest relation (Petunia) was not their primary choice. You can die from crossing the street at any time. But they lived in a time of war, where so many people died that they were afraid of Voldemort's name. They didn't just live in a war, they knew that Voldemort specifically targeted them. They should have made a will, and a long list of people to take care of Harry, because Sirius pretending to be secret keeper had a high risk of being killed, in addition to any number of other people who might be targeted for whatever reasons. For all they knew, half the people named in the will might be killed within the next month. The only explanation is that they were trusting enough to allow Dumbledore to decide what should happen or that he disregard the will.

Regarding the Horcrux, Dumbledore explicitly says that he would not remove the Horcrux (in the scar) even if he could. So this means that Dumbledore wants Harry dead. And it is consistent with his actions. He makes sure that Harry's life is so miserable that he will be willing to die, because being dead can't be worse than the life he had. Voldemort just wants Harry to die, but Dumbledore wants Harry to suffer so much that he would be willing to die.
Guest chapter 3 . 7/28/2017
You asked why some people don't like Ginny. There is nothing wrong with Ginny (in canon), except that Harry ends up with her.

We know about as much (or not much) about Ginny as we know about Susan Bones or Daphne Greengrass, or any of the other girls, and there are good stories about all of them, even about Harry and Ginny. Unfortunately, Rowling's story is not one of them. You say that the books are from Harry's point of view. That is true, but it means that Harry's interaction with Ginny either didn't happen, or it was not important enough for him to mention it in the book.

Stories about Harry and some random other girl have one advantage: They don't have to deal with canon events regarding Ginny.
Harry sees Ginny with some other boy, and suddenly he feels his "chest monster" (he probably watched Alien). This would be believable (although it could be described better) if he had a crush on her before, although there was no "chest monster" when Cho was with Cedric, he was just unhappy about it. Add that Molly tells Ginny it's perfectly fine to use a love potion to get a man, this leads to suspicion. This would be unknown to Harry, so it would be consistent not to mention it in the book.
The other point is what you quoted here in this chapter, "I knew you wouldn't be happy unless you were hunting Voldemort. Maybe that's why I like you so much." Ginny thinks that hunting Voldemort is what makes Harry happy. Not that Dumbledore left the whole mess to him and there is nobody else to do it. There is a difference between doing what you have to do, and doing what makes you happy, and I wouldn't call hunting Voldemort a hobby. And that is why she likes him. Not because he is good at Quiddich, because he has a nice smile, because she likes being in his arms, because thinking of him makes her wet. No, she doesn't like him because of him, she likes him because he is the Boy Who Lived. This is not just my opinion, this is directly from features/chapter-that-made-us-fall-in-love-with-ginny-weasley : "she doesn’t just like some boy, she likes The Boy Who Lived." For some reason sees this as positive. On the other hand, don't take relationship advice from Rowling.

Although, maybe whoever wrote at pottermore didn't read the books. It says that Ron valued friendship, not glory. (fourth year anyone?) It says that the seventh book makes us like Dumbledore more. I say the seventh book makes us realize that Dumbledore planned from the beginning that Harry should die. He's worse then Voldemort, and the prophecy might as well be about him. While Dumbledore didn't die from Harry's hand (unless Snape was Harry's hand), Voldemort didn't either. And most of the misery in Harry's life can be attributed to Dumbledore, not to Voldemort.
monbade chapter 10 . 7/2/2017
this one would be a good story too
monbade chapter 7 . 7/2/2017
oh i like this one. would live to see it turned into a story even if it only had 1 more chapter
MartinDeShade chapter 8 . 6/8/2017
Instead of having a bond that happens spontaneously. You could have two muggle raised kids stating an oath.
stoopid dawg chapter 4 . 2/12/2017
I would have liked to see a Harry/Padma pairing... Harry would do better with a smart girl than a fan girl... If he looks at Hermione as a sister (which I think he did in canon), Padma would be a good match who would bring out the best in Harry.
I think Neville would definitely go after Hermione. Remember, he asked her to the Yule Ball before Ron or Harry thought about in in canon, but after Viktor asked her. I saw more hints in the books that Hermione & Neville would become a couple over Hermione and Ron - especially after Lavender got involved with Won-Won.
365 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »