Reviews for Odds and Ends
raspberry dreams chapter 10 . 1/26
Great idea
I would love to see this made into a story
XRaiderV1 chapter 10 . 1/26
interesting concept here.
Tomon chapter 4 . 1/10
Interesting ideas, I like that you decide to post them here. This one (Padma) is so far the most interesting to me
AvidReader chapter 9 . 1/8
While the reasoning is very sound, how likely is it that Harry would be capable of that level of ad-hoc ANALYSIS at that particular time; in grief having just lost the one person who had expressed love for him where most he was close to were at-best ambivalent?
Cateagle chapter 9 . 12/15/2014
Definitely a bit of a downer, but still quite plausible. I would wonder if, after this, Dumbledore would again isolate him at Durskaban? If he did do such a thing, he'd definitely fit the definition of insanity that reads "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result".
Jadzia chapter 5 . 11/23/2014
This is is Old Crow's version and Chem-Prof's version, which is probably why you didn't want to expand it. I particularly like the idea of napalm being able to fry a Dementor :)
LWJ2 chapter 5 . 11/8/2014
Thank you, use of regular weapons makes sense and it's mostly ignored.
jilumasam chapter 9 . 9/23/2014
Trying to work out if Harry's feelings are apathetic, ambivalent or antipathetic to the whole situation...

It's a good premise/one shot.
AragornII chapter 4 . 9/15/2014
At first, I was disappointed that you have no interest in ever writing this one...but you do such a wonderful job exploring story threads in the A/N that I feel rather satisfied.

Anyway, nice snippet...
Kairan1979 chapter 9 . 9/15/2014
I agree that Dumbledore's plans are doomed, and Harry won only by the Will of the Writer and the use of Deus Ex Machina named Hallows.
Fury074 chapter 5 . 9/12/2014
There aren't very many firearms that require electronics of any kind. The modern gatling guns are about the only ones that do. The Heavy Machine Gun you have in this chapter for instance, almost certainly possesses zero electronics. Most, if not all besides the afore-mentioned modern gatling guns, are gas operated.
TheBlackHand724 chapter 7 . 9/12/2014
this is a cute and funny take on the classic get harry to safety and dumbledore is a old conniving asshat story. i like it a lot and i like the angle you are playing with here, the thought of Harry growing up with Neville is a funny idea and it sets up a totally new dynamic for hogwarts. one that includes a future marauders with some one like susan bones, and hermione joining the two boys. another damn good start and one you should keep plugging away at. a lot of potential here for fun and a new spin on a classic,TBH
TheBlackHand724 chapter 6 . 9/12/2014
this is totally awesome. i don't know what you're talking about, the ending was perfect. with just a bit of gentle kneading and some expanding this could be the outline for a perfect ten chapter story. the first six chapters for an expanded version of this and the next four to cover the H/Hr love story and the death of Riddle. even a plea to come back. if you took it to fifteen chapters you could cover Harry returning in five years to run for office or something. now that the war is over and the country is getting better Harry could lead the charge into the future with his smart wife by his side. you have gold here my friend. try to hammer it out in your free time or when you hit writers block. it's what i do with my odd ideas. keep up the good workTBH
Bobboky chapter 9 . 9/10/2014