Reviews for Black As Rat And Crow
OldFashionedGirl95 chapter 2 . 3/5/2013
Our conversation of just now brought me by meandering paths to here, and I'm giggling like mad again. Peter! This is not how you use a cipher!
Heliopause chapter 3 . 7/31/2012
:) Great! I read the part re: Aidan in TSG, and wondered! A foot-soldier from Archenland, hey? Did they only just meet at this battle? Well, I guess I'll find out in due course. :)

Thanks for three pleasant reads!
Heliopause chapter 2 . 7/31/2012
The solution (to Lucy's problem) is closely pinned-up plaits.
And I was panicking for a minute there (having come fairly freshly from TQSiT) that "kavoss" sent wrongly would be distastrous, but enjoyed very much the last two lines, especially the thought of how cross Edmund and Susan would be :) Thanks!
Heliopause chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
:) Fun! And it was good to have a refreshing glimpse of Morgan again. (why can't we see the thread, though?)
eregnar is too lazy to sign in chapter 3 . 1/19/2012
I just have to say it...

Aaaawwww!
Clio1792 chapter 3 . 1/4/2012
Ah, the Valiant Queen in love!

Edmund has no business poking fun...people who live in glass houses, etc etc...This reviewer is totally with Jalur and Briony on this one...

Charming vignettes in this series,

Clio1792 chapter 2 . 1/4/2012
So good to know that there was a color code that no one could *quite* remember in Narnia, too!

I can imagine that Edmund and Susan will get this letter and want to thump the high king on one side of the head.

Great,

Clio1792 chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Harold & Morgan from a crow's perspective, eh? This is very cute!

anon chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
update?
HarmonyLover chapter 3 . 4/20/2011
Edmund really can be an amazing older brother, when he has half a mind to be. Despite the fact that he spends a great deal of his time being devious, cunning, and cross, he has the ability to be very tender, as demonstrated here with Lucy. What better to do than to offer tea and breakfast, gently correct discrepancies in appearance, and offer approval of the man Lucy loves? (Granted, he did the last under threat of being eaten by the Guard, but he did it, all the same). I guessed that this was about Lucy and Aidan, but Edmund really was quite lovely about it, all around. It's nice to get some of his reaction, here - although I'm sure Peter's will be quite entertaining. :)
HarmonyLover chapter 2 . 4/20/2011
*LOL* I loved this! Poor Peter and Lucy. It's not in their rather straightforward and trusting natures to be engaged in Rat and Crow business and using cipher. I have a good memory, and I could certainly see the need for such a code, but I think even I would occasionally become fed up with using it. HL.
HarmonyLover chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Naughty Harah! I am glad to read this outtake, though; it fills in a nice little piece of "By Royal Decree," since I always wondered what happened with Morgan and the crows at the pond. It also explains why they started to be on such good terms with her; once she understood why they admired her gown, she was more than willing to give them some of the threads - and turn the threads to her own advantage in the gambling, which would only make the Crows respect her more. :)
E chapter 3 . 8/23/2010
There is so much backstory in this chapter. I sincerely hope it gets written someday.

Jalur nagging Edmund to write the letter to Not Relevant is very well done. Certainly it seems to display more emotional intelligence on Jalur’s part than Edmunds. Edmund, you just fought a deadly battle in a foreign land against a powerful foe. Not Relevant will want to hear from you. And nice tie ins to the previous chapters of Lucy and Peter not reading Rat and Crow.

So Edmund finds out about the Guard’s manipulations in their monarchs personal lives? That would be an interesting revelation. I like how unabashed the animals are about it; they need a human succession.

“Your gown is inside out.” Lucky Lucy.

I like how you have Edmund barely tamping down his humor at the situation but still being a brilliant brother to Lucy here. “Rosehips for you.” It almost makes up for his lack of emotional intelligence with Not Relevant. Oh, and nice nod to Lucy’s apprehension at the situation given the very recent debacle with Rabadash. I imagine it might be hard for Susan, initially, to see Lucy find someone so well suited for her after such a horrendous experience of her own.
E chapter 2 . 8/23/2010
This one was even funnier than the last one. "Crisp means Can you recommend a good cook?" The things Edmund and Sue put in code!

It’s also interesting to see the … imbalance, as it were, when two siblings of a similar bent are with each other (Peter and Lucy) and don’t have either Ed or Su with them. I’m sure there are various problems when the opposite happens, as well. Very good – nice note about Lu taking better care of her armor than her clothes, and struggling with her hair. Long hair plus metal links do not sound fun.
E chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Time magazine just had an article stating that after Dolphins, Ravens and Crows are the most intelligent animals because of their social structure; I love how you took that information from our everyday world and included it in your universe. It’s great how you use non-human motivations (shiny!) for non-human characters. Having the animals try to rationalize human behavior (Would Morgan mind walking back naked to the palace? Harrah has to think about it!). Good humor and references to BRD.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »