Reviews for Taken at the Flood
nataeiy1 chapter 3 . 9/4/2013
I know its been quite a while since you've last edited this story, but I really, really like it.

I've always been so bothered by it - Naruto always shows such potential, but even the people who actually like him seem to think he's an idiot. There are times when reveals that he isn't though, and that he make something even better of himself if someone would just guide him there... And no one did! Iruka tried, but he obviously has an entire class to take care of, and otherwise Naruto completely depended on himself - so he didn't have anyone to teach him good habits or better ways to learn or ANYTHING.

ARGH! It makes me so FRUSTRATED. But you changed that, and I'm so, so glad that you took those creative liberties. You make me so HAPPY! :D
mndstjohn chapter 3 . 7/29/2013
I can't wait for the next chapter!
Alternateapocalypse chapter 3 . 3/9/2012
Ah! Your dialog is quite humourous and I could not find any spelling or grammatical errors! Well done, please keep up the good work~!
Timeless Illusion chapter 3 . 2/16/2012
Although it has been long - I shall wait for your updates.

This story has honestly made me giggle a bit. I've never been that much of a sucker for Sakura, but I'm actually enjoying her character in this fic :)
Demon King Piccolo chapter 3 . 10/20/2011
I'm really enjoying this story. I feel you gave Naruto a good personality and moved the plot around well. Actually, I think you also did a good job at creating chemistry between the various characters (even the OCs). In particular, I feel I should really note that I especially like how you balanced Naruto's early training with his future progress - truthfully, my biggest fear when I started reading this fic was that I was going to see Naruto start throwing rasengans/A-ranked techniques during his genin test and that he is knowledgeable to the point of being psychic.

I can't offer much constructive criticism as I have no major complaints about what you're writing so far. Please keep up the good work!
HiiroKumo chapter 3 . 2/5/2011
awwww! come on! i was looking forward to press the next button after readin' chapter 3! damn girl, you'd better get updatin' fast :) btw, just so u know, it's awesome
The Shadowless Nuance chapter 3 . 12/21/2010
It really makes me glad to see that you listen to your reviewers, and that you take it all with good cheer :) I like the direction your going with this, its not too canon or ooc and I think that is wonderful! Please update when you can it is much appreciated!
Anonymous chapter 3 . 11/29/2010
Nice chapter. I hope for more when you can.

As for Naruto being Kage level at twelve I agree this Naruto shouldn't be. He knows about the Kage bunshin training so he should be stronger than canon.

And in canon he and Sasuke were about equal, so Naruto should be the stronger. At least for now.

The age arguement really doesn't hold up in canon though. Itachi at thirteen could take Kakashi. Kakashi is still A rank. Itachi was already S at the time and beat Orochimaru very shortly after. Without using the Mangekyou.

The Sanin graduated at six and were already on their way to S rank at twelve.

Plenty of others as examples as well.

But Naruto here hasn't had the intensive training they had so he shouldn't be there.

But he should be a lot closer than canon.
rockon5002 chapter 2 . 10/6/2010
That's a pretty intresting coincidence considering that the examiner in the first stage of the chuunin exams with the bandages wraped around his head is named Tobetake Tonbo. P.S. I think I spelled his first name wrong but I don't feel like looking it up so damn you lazyness.
nine-orcids chapter 3 . 9/11/2010
this story is excellent! can't wait for the next chapter!
dude chapter 3 . 8/27/2010
cool story but where would you place team 7 threat lv wise naruto without a breakdown and use of the fox would he be a c rank low mid or high or a low b what is his level and will he learn the rasagan erlier?
animeflunky chapter 3 . 8/6/2010
hey this story seems really good so far :). I have a question about how strong naruto is at this point in the story. While its true that we can't expect naruto to be beating akatsuki at this point it seemed in these battles (although they are just tests so we cant tell much) that narutos abilities remain largely the same as in canon, which i find strange if he has been training with jiraiya earlier. Hopefully as the story progresses more of the changes will continue to become apparent.
HippoKrys chapter 3 . 7/29/2010
Your fic is simply amazing, your writing is practically flawless, I just love the vocabulary you use. It's such a pleasure to read this, it's an easy read. The banter is hilarious and very witty. I love your take on Naruto: he's more sarcastic, intelligent yet he still has his silly moments, so not completely off-canon (thank god he's not god-like-super-mature). I find your portrayal of Sakura to be more 'shippuden-like', so in the shared banter with Naruto, yet she's still the Sasuke-fangirl. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Codenamed-Bolt chapter 3 . 7/11/2010
I like the way you've developed Naruto's persona in this-your-story. In regards to Kakashi, it would be nice to see him actually taking an active role in Team 7's training both before and after the mission to the Land of Waves, if you take that route. Also, with Kakashi's more active role, a more positive change in Sakura's character would be a nice change of pace-i.e. a close encounter of the Anko kind.

Well, I hope you update soon.
BYoshi1993 chapter 3 . 7/11/2010
Wow! This story is really good. I can't say that I like OCs and am glad that yours won't be taking a huge role in the story, like being Naruto's team mates. The way that Naruto has changed due to Jiraiya's influence is believable and am glad that you didn't make his ultra powerful because of the little bits of extra training a tips throughout Naruto's Academy years. I really look forward to reading more so update when you have time. Sorry about your medical problem(s) and I hope that you get well soon.

-Michael :D