Reviews for Cat & Mouse
FSC12 chapter 2 . 8/14/2010
You are keeping me at the edge of my seat... believe me, not many fanfiction authors can do that! I will keep reading.
FSC12 chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
I have only read the first chapter of this story and yet I am already addicted! Very good job so far! I will keep reading.
artFULLYoutuvit chapter 14 . 8/13/2010
ummmmmm WOW! This is one of the best stories I've ever read! It was so thrilling, and I even got teary at parts. As a huge Harry Potter nerd, I get *really* picky about its fanfiction, so I was so happy to find such a wonderful story!
Heptagon chapter 14 . 8/11/2010
Aww, it's over. Well, I'm very glad that Harry and Ginny are out of this mess, but I wouldn't mind if they ran into a little more mystery, although something less terrifying. But the mystery part was good. I was completely baffled at times, and I had all those crazy theories, and my heart went out to Harry and Ginny (mostly Harry), and there were scary parts, and dramatic parts, and it all ended well. :)

I'd very much like to read another mystery from you. Something a little less scary would be fine, as well.

This is a great story, and I very much enjoyed reading it. Thank you! :)
Heptagon chapter 13 . 8/11/2010
I wonder what happened to Fenwick's mother. I had half expected her to be the accomplice, but apparently Fenwick did it all on his own. And if one man can do so much, maybe it's safer for us all to turn into Moodys, although even his constant vigilance couldn't save him from being caught and impersonated.

I liked that part where Harry woke up to no pain and a Weasley twin and realized that it was not a very promising situation. Oh, and I loved the theme of Harry's and George's friendship throughout the story. And Harry's and Ron's, too. Poor Ron. He possibly worried the most during this whole ordeal.
Heptagon chapter 12 . 8/11/2010
I almost fell asleep at work today, because I'd stayed up too late last night reading this chapter. And that's a compliment, not an accusation, and definitely not a hint that you should write less interesting stories.

I know Fenwick promised Harry the antidote in exchange for Ginny's life, but in Harry's place, I would have never trusted him. And do you think he would have done it, had Harry not come? He'd have rather sent him pieces of Ginny than the antidote. The main point is, you can't trust people who want to kill you. Even if Fenwick was nice and all, letting the hostages go and holding up his end of the bargain.

A few chapters back, I was think to that time when Harry went into the Forest to surrender to Voldemort. And I started thinking, that was no way a clever thing to do. Did Harry know that his dying would protect the others like Lily's death protected him? If not, then it was a very stupid thing to do. Voldemort could have killed him, and then killed everybody else. Even if he was mortal, he was still very hard to kill. So it was not a smart thing to do. Harry's life was very valuable at that point. But since he was Harry, he did it, and all ended more or less well. So what I'm trying to say here, I think, is that since Harry is Harry, he can only behave one way in such situations. But I think you said it too, somewhere in the story.

Oh, one thing got my attention. An illegal Fidelius. That's an interesting idea. I never thought of Fidelius charm as something you must have a permission to cast. Like, 'I'm sorry, you can't have a Fidelius, there is no evidence that Voldemort is specifically after you, and the Death Eaters have been seen in your neighborhood less than ten times. If they come a few times more, then you can come back and ask again'. I just thought that the reason why every house was not placed under a Fidelius charm was that it was a ridiculously complicated charm, and only wizards like Dumbledore were able to cast it.

I've got another crazy idea. It's really crazy. I started thinking - maybe that's why I went to bed so late last night, I was thinking way too much - that if this was an Agatha Christie novel, and the criminal (or his accomplice) the last possible person anyone would ever suspect, then it would be Bill Weasley. It's not, of course, maybe only under an Imperius, but if Harry was able to overcome an Imperius, then so should Bill. But there were those little facts, that don't add up to anything, but if you wanted to shock the life out of us, you could say 'Aha! There were those clues'. Fenwick worked in Gringotts, a Weasley sent that letter complaining about Harry and Ginny to the Ministry, and Bill was the one who cast the wards for Andromeda and the Burrow. Of course, it isn't Bill, just like it isn't an evil Dumbledore or an evil Harry from another universe, but I'm just saying.

Enough of this review, I'll go and read on!
Heptagon chapter 11 . 8/10/2010
Harry is having a really bad week, isn't he? And it's not much of a consolation that he may never have a bad week ever again.

I wish Harry had dwelled a little longer on forgiving Ginny, I would have liked to hear some of his arguments and justifications, because I don't think his going to use the Portkey is just the very same thing. He doesn't have that much to lose with throwing himself into almost certain death; but he has a lot to gain if this might give him even the smallest chance of saving someone.

Oh, and Molly thought she was giving her children a bad example. Listen well, kiddies, you cannot kill a notorious Death Eater even if she's planning to destroy your entire family.
Heptagon chapter 10 . 8/9/2010
At least I was right about that old lady. Can I have a cookie for that? Unless there's another twist coming up.

And it seems they're targeting both Harry and Ginny, not just Harry. I guess they want to kill them both, as well, to lure them both out with the promise of not hurting the other, and then saying, 'Haha, we lied'. At least this Portkey might be a sure way of getting to the Cat, I think they want to do the last part of their revenge personally.
Heptagon chapter 9 . 8/9/2010
Okay, so I was thinking back to my last two reviews, and realized that I had contradicted myself. At first I said that if Ginny left Harry because she got a threat letter, it would have been understandable. And then I said that she was naive and stupid for not doing anything. Well, all I can say in my defense is that there are (at least) two sides to everything, and the more I think about it, the more confused I get. I mean, it's one thing to leave if everybody knows there's this big bad wizard after you and everyone you love, but can you even consider trusting an anonymous evil person that they are going to leave your loved ones be when you do your bidding?

And then there's still the part of me that thinks that had it been Harry getting such letter, he would have done the same thing. Of course, he would have investigated into the matter, and as an Auror, with better resources (although he's not making much progress now with all those resources).

Oh, there's one thing that bothers me. First, these evil guys seemed to be wanting Harry on their case, but then later they wanted him off it (sending the letter about the inappropriate relationship between Harry and Ginny). I'm still suspecting that maybe they aren't after Harry at all.

And Harry is quoting Dumbledore awfully lot. If his wound gets worse, might he be saying next that death is just another great adventure? Probably not. I wonder, when he'll get to Dumbledore's age, is he going to be like him, all secretive and frustrating and twinkling at people?

Oh, and Harry should have gone talking to Ginny after she left him.
Heptagon chapter 8 . 8/8/2010
Ah, no cookie for me. At first I suspected something, but I was completely fooled by Ginny's first confession.

Well, now I'm suspecting that old lady who talked to Ginny at the hospital and whose granddaughter died. And I'm not sure if Harry is targeted here at all. Maybe it is still about Ginny. She fought at the Battle of Hogwarts, too, maybe there was someone she tried to save but couldn't. The whole thing seems to revolve around Ginny.

As for Ginny's choice to keep it all a secret... well, how can you not do anything when there's someone out there who is stalking you and your family and is capable of killing your loved ones at their whim? I don't know, did Ginny really think her leaving Harry would be the end of it? That if she did this the bad guy would leave her and her loved ones and everybody else alone? Why couldn't she have got Harry to Grimmauld Place two years ago and told him there? And there must have been times when her whole family and Andromeda and Teddy were all in the same place, and then she could have put up some wards and told everyone. Was she really as naive as to believe that her stalker would leave her alone when she did their bidding?

I can only say that she wasn't thinking clearly. She was still grieving Fred, and terrified about Harry and her family, and hoping with all her heart that this would be the end of it.

I wonder what Harry would have done in her place. With Voldemort, at least everyone knew there was Voldemort out there to get them and knew to be careful, but in this case they didn't know a thing. So I suppose Harry would have tried to protect them, and warn them.
Heptagon chapter 7 . 8/8/2010
Wow, so there is a deep dark mystery behind Ginny's leaving after all! She got me fooled as well. Maybe she got a letter two years ago, saying Harry would be killed if she didn't leave him. That would somewhat justify her leaving him, after all, that's what Harry did to her during the war.

Hmm, Harry once said he doesn't go looking for trouble, trouble comes looking for him. As an Auror, however, he does go looking for trouble. So it seems he is kind of addicted to danger and the whole saving the world business. Of course, he is rather good at it.

Ah, good old Voldemort. When he wanted to kill you, he killed you. He didn't slice and can your enemies and give them to you as a gift. To think that someone got a bunch of Death Eaters out of prison just for that! I cannot think who that might be - that cruel and that brilliant, and powerful, too, when wards mean nothing to them.

And since Andromeda was a fake one - at first I couldn't quite believe that anyone could be as stupid as to believe it was all a game, but the Confounding explained that - it seems that the villains never truly intended to kill Teddy with the teddy bear. At some point I thought Teddy was a fake one, that would explain his short kidnapping. As to fake Andromeda, she might be just an innocent bystander, but I still think Harry believed her a little too readily at first, at the Burrow. She could have been just fooling him there, too. I guess they used Veritaserum on her at the Ministry.

Oh, and I forgot to say it before, I liked Ron in the previous chapter, the speech he gave at finding Harry and Ginny together.
Heptagon chapter 6 . 8/8/2010
I wonder, was it Fred's death that made Ginny lost her nerve? That sounds plausible.

As to Ginny's reasoning, I think I understand some of it. She felt she had become too dependent on Harry, and felt that she had to try to live without him, so if something did happen to him, it would be easier for her to bear it. Although I don't think it would have been much easier. Of course, what she did wasn't only cowardly, it was also incredibly selfish. She wanted to minimize her own heartache, but if she thought what Harry leaving her would do to her, didn't she ever think her leaving him would do the same to Harry? And even if Harry had got over all the other bad things that had happened to him, didn't Ginny know him well enough to know how much it all hurt him?

Well, I think we're all angry and disappointed with Ginny here, including Ginny herself. I suppose the question now is whether Ginny regains her nerve and attitude and won't do it again? Harry will probably forgive her, but she should somehow convince him that she had changed, or Harry has to live on in constant fear of her running away again. They have to learn to trust each other again. I'm hoping they will.

As to the traitor, I have still no idea. Maybe an Auror, or maybe someone doing it unknowingly. I hope someone isn't impersonating a Weasley, but if the plan starts at the Burrow, that does sound possible.
Heptagon chapter 5 . 8/7/2010
Wow. Now I'm starting to think that the bad guy is an evil Dumbledore from an alternate universe. ;) At the moment it seems as if the bad guys are able to do anything, and there's nothing Harry & Co. can do to stop them.

As to the Ginny & Harry theme, is it too much to hope, I wonder, that there was some deep dark mystery that made her leave him, and she still loves him as much as he loves her, and at the end they get back together and all will be well? I'm going to keep hoping it.
Heptagon chapter 3 . 8/7/2010
Well, you got me. I've been enthralled by the story from its first paragraph. Good writing, strong emotions, all the captivating secrets and mysteries - that's the way I like it. ;) I also like that you haven't made Harry entirely omnipotent, that he's still capable of making silly mistakes. His own pensieve! And I already had a very clever theory that the bad guy was an evil Harry from an alternate universe. Anyway, I say once more that I love your story, and now I stop writing the review and go back to reading it. :)
chuckfanDOC chapter 14 . 7/28/2010
okay so I went away for the weekend before I got to finish the story. I was in a wedding standing at the front of the room wondering how it was going to end. I am told the bride looked beautiful (I really couldn't tell you since my mind was on the story). At least it was worth it, because the story was fantastic. I certainly look forward to reading more from you.
314 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »