Reviews for Unforsaken
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
This is a wonderful brother story. I really felt Sam's desperation - first, when he was trying to find Dean and second, when he was trying to get Dean to understand that he was real and not a demon's illusion.

My favorite part was the standoff when Dean became the hunter extraordinaire and confronted Sam with the knife. My heart broke for Dean as we discovered what the demon had done to him during the time it had him. Dean truly was "shell-shocked", disbelieving anything Sam said. Actually, I think this is probably a more accurate depiction of Dean's psyche than we got when Dean actually crawled out of that grave in "Lazarus Rising". ;) You also did a great job of bringing Dean back to reality. (But I sure would have loved to see what he went through from his perspective!)

Thanks for sharing this awesome story with us. Until next time...
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
I know you appreciate honesty, so I'm going to say that wasn't one of my favorites. I didn't like the other characters-they seemed unwelcome to me and kind of out of place-I know they are hunters, but it felt wrong to have them there with Sam fighting to find Dean. Again, just my opinion! The writing was technically great, I think the parts with Sam tenderly coaxing Dean back were superb and very emotional, but I found myself kind of losing interest as it went along after that. You have a wonderful way writing the brother dynamic, that it felt like the other hunters were kind of, intruders, ya know? This is probably me, not you, because I usually love your stuff without question. Anyway, thanks for sharing, I hope that you appreciate constructive criticism, I know I always do. Keep up the good work!
Mikiya2200 chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
Once again you've managed to capture the basic theme of the show perfectly: Sam AND Dean together, fighting TOGETHER and their willingness to do everything for the other. I love that about your stories, they always leave me with that warm feeling and this one is no exception. I love how Sam wants to break down and be the little brother again but keeps himself together for Dean's sake. I absolutely adore the scene when Sam tries to tell Dean that he is the real Sam and that Dean has been rescued and Dean cannot go against his basic instinct even when he is so sure that what he's seeing is not his Sam. I need more of this, guess I'm going to for another weekend of reading some of your stories to cheer me up and keep me interested in the series!
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
Really lovely illustration of the depth of the relationship between the brothers.

Sam in the caregiver role is a personal fave - awesome job with that. But I loved how you made Dean such a powerful emotional presence even though he didn't speak for much of the story.

Beautiful anecdote about how the brother's learned to communicate non-verbally while Dean recovered from a throat injury.

You really captured the magic of the bond between Sam and Dean that sets this show apart.

Wonderful.

Cheers, Sculls
Nana56 chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
Interesting that this comes up now after we were talking about 'disappearing Dean' at KazCon. lol

Really, really liked it. Dean not believing Sam was Sam was a new wrinkle for me and it was a very nice one. Loved seeing hunter Dean in action prowling around the room. *happy shudder*

Another awesome fic, my friend. Beautifully done, as always. :)
Orange Autumn chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
Brought tears to my eyes! So beautiful. Wonderfully written and put together. Very heartfelt, and just perfect bromance! Great job with this.
marinawings chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
great story! there are so many little details in it that are just so awesome. mentioning the restaurant with the games where dean beat sam at space invaders, sam refusing to be called sammy by anyone else but dean, stuff like that, the way sam still talks to dean even when dean is completely out of it, the back-story about sam reading dean's eyes, ... it all just adds up to make the plot even more intense and emotional and heart-wrenching.

and oh my goodness, the heart-wrenching-ness! poor dean! my heart broke for him! this is totally how i would expect him to react to the psychological torture the demon worked on him. his brother is his life. that came through really well-and really powerfully-in this story. the part where dean finally accepts that sam is real and grabs his brother's hand... i adore that. amazing story. favorite! :)
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
I really liked this. I think that the brothers' reactions fit so perfectly into their characters, and I especially like how you kept us guessing on what exactly was going on for a while. It was an interesting hunt, and I think you played it out very well.

Good job!
wopatwoman chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
I loved that Sam knew how to help find Dean and then knowing what Dean needed to find his way back to Sam and reality.

Enjoyed meeting you at KazCon.

morganslady
Maz101 chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
Ok, so did this come before or after Mystery Spot? (I could believe either because of your genius track record) - doesn't matter, of course - love the mirroring of the death scenes - unseen and unspoken in Dean's case but still so devastating. I like the team aspect - forced only by circumstances, over as quickly as possible, but it gives a bit of added depth to the hunters' world.
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
Beautifully done. Well crafted. I loved seeing Sam reach out for help when he needed it and then take on the responsibility by himself when he could.
AZGirl chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
Awesome. I was on the edge of my seat through much of the story waiting for Dean to come back to Sam.
Musica Diabolos chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
Very good, very profound and in character for both Sam and Dean, especially loved the happy ending!
TraSan chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
Oy. Poor Dean. Again, I can't think of anything much worse than having someone you love killed in front of you over and over again and be powerless to stop it. Not to mention, he'd no doubt been taunted and toyed with, allowed to believe he'd been "rescued" only to have Sam die on him again.

I didn't see the knife standoff coming, but that was very Dean behavior - as was finally cracking against Sam's pleas and rationalization. Finally, maybe not completely convinced, but with enough doubt to back down and then finally realization that Sam was well and truly alive and Dean was safe.

It's a testament whent their relationship is poked so hard by outside forces and found to be unmovable.

Liked this very much. Thanks for writing!
Laura of Maychoria chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
oh, wonderful. Sam is so persistent in this, never giving up even when the going got really, really tough. Cool idea with the possessed animals, too. That scene was really suspenseful.
49 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »