Reviews for This Woman's Work
augus10 chapter 34 . 2/25
This is really great, just wonderful. Beautiful written. I wish you're still writing EC fics.
nonna99 chapter 34 . 12/14/2012
I just read your story and I know that you wrote this years ago, but I just want to let you know that I loved reading your story, it's just absolutely amazing.
Great writing.
The BestChaser chapter 10 . 3/23/2012
I'm just now reading this story, and at first I was a little sceptic about it, to be honest. Not about the writing, mind you, it's brilliant, but the topic... But now, reading through this, I can't help but feel with them... that story is so real, nothing with 'spectacular' cases, but just true to life... I've not been suffering from cancer, but I've been battling severe depression and anxiety, and even though not many consider it an 'illness' per se, it does have many parallels with cancer, especially with the toll it takes on family members and loved-ones... Support is the most important thing in recovery, and you write it so beautifully. Great piece so far, really. I thought I had to review now and couldn't wait until the end...I have never done that before to be honest. Thankfully there is 34 chapters, yay! I see that it's not complete yet, so I'm hoping it will be some day...but at any rate, can't wait to read more! Great job!
ElislinCSI chapter 34 . 5/11/2010
Wonderful! I am extremely happy with the update and hope you post more as soon as you can :)
DENSI.ItsaLoveStory chapter 34 . 5/2/2010
wow... wow... wow... I'm SPEECHLESS!
I miss this so, so much... you might have no idea!
i was pretty excited when you told me that an update would be coming soon... and i knew that wasn't any Calleigh and Eric chapter...( :( ).. lol.. but when i started to read this one... i was... wow... i know that the team is like a family but when it comes to Horatio, Calleigh and Eric it's like so much more than that... i love this relationship that they have... like H being Calleigh and Eric's father. And you really surprised me with the whole chapter... it's awesome, fantastic!
but what always makes my poor heart great and makes me cry from happiness is this scene:

"... seeing Calleigh standing there with their beautiful, stunning little girl rested on her hip. They were both smiling and Calleigh was waving. In Lotti's excitement of seeing her father across the room, she was practically slapping at Calleigh's chest as she flailed in delight, shreiking her laughter, to which Eric could only grin.

"...Beckoning them in with a wave of his hand, Eric pressed a finger to his lips to shush them as Calleigh made her way in. Doing her best to calm her over-excited daughter. Eric stood quickly, taking Lotti into his arms to calm her quickly so that she wouldn't wake Walter. Calleigh just rolled her eyes as Lotti wrapped her arms around Eric's neck and looked down at Calleigh as though she'd just won a prize. Mommy's little girl, Daddy's little Angel. Calleigh laughed silently."

There's nothing more beautiful than a sweet Lotti in Calleigh's arms happy and excited in seeing her daddy... definitelly Mommy's little girl and Daddy's little angel... Lotti has not only Calleigh and Eric wraped around her fingers but me too.. lol

Oh and SOME NEWS... makes me think about possibilities, celebrations ... and an Eric and Calleigh scene...lol ;)

"Eric," She hesitated, her voice wavering just slightly. He dipped his head, kissing her temple and grinning as Lotti rested her tiny hand against his cheek.
"What is it, babe?"
She smiled sweetly at the endearment. Looking up into his eyes, so close she could kiss his lips. She breathed again, searching his eyes. "I have, some news."

awesome chapter... love it !
Irishdreamer88 - Shell2005 chapter 34 . 5/1/2010
Its so nice to see that you are back again. I really missed this story. This is an excellent chapter, loved it :-D Thanks so much for updating, looking forward to more.
belluvsmiami chapter 34 . 5/1/2010
SpecklesTLW...this has been a long time coming, but well worth the wait.

I have read this from the beginning and was happy to see the email you had updated.
I was secretly hoping that since you were excited about the song being used in EP 20 that you would get inspired.

Really love the moment between Horatio and Calleigh, liked the finer detail of how close he was next to her and that she didnt seem to mind becuase that was just him.
Never really thought about if Horatio could take back 30 odd years of policing to start over with Kyle, such a neat little thought.

Also describing Walter's condition and Eric thanking him, I could really picture seeing him so grateful to someone who sacrificed himself in order for another to survive and be there for her family.
Its those kind of things that make a wow factor for me.

Congratulations on a fantastic chapter and a much loved story.

Really is a great one.B
Liphuggers chapter 34 . 5/1/2010
I really did miss this story, and hope your inspiration came from this song that played in the last episode. This chapter was really great. Absolutely amazing. I can't wait for what you have next. I added you on twitter. Keep up the good work!
Singingchick18 chapter 34 . 4/30/2010
Great chapter can't wait for more.
texmex327 chapter 34 . 4/30/2010
absolutely amazing work. I have missed this story. Eric is gonna be so psyched...oh I can see him holding a baby already...sigh..great job!
Rosalie Duquesne chapter 34 . 4/30/2010
First of all i just want to say how ecstatic I am that you're back ! And with an update no less ! :)
this update was as awesome as usual and I really liked it ! I love how u made walter the hero...een though many of the fans don't really like his, or jesse's, character :P
and lotti is as adorable as everr :)
once again very glad that you updated and hope that everything is good with you !
Can't wait for the next chp for calleigh's choice !
Oh and PS...I don't watch legend of the seeker sorry...but my friend says it's an amazing show so I'll be glad to assist in any petitioning :)
bookworm2dance chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
I loved this it finished?
Smile.Freely chapter 33 . 12/29/2009
Hey there! I've been reading this story for the past few days, i found it by checking out some people's favorites. I've read stories on for ever, but yours...is by far the best i've read, from any t.v. show! I laughed, I cried, I got angry, and then I laughed again! This was wonderful! You're truly gifted!
Liphuggers chapter 33 . 12/2/2009
This chapter was amazing. Strong and powerfull, full of angst and love! I too think Calleigh would never leave. Excellent chapter, can't wait for more!
LouHiphuggersFan chapter 33 . 11/20/2009
this chapter was awesome! you really put Calleigh into character when she wanted to go back to work and bottling up her emotions etc..

Lotti is so adorable. i could just imagine her wandering round without a care in the world as to what her parents were arguing about.

thanks for the fab update! hopefully you'll add another chapter soon..? :-D