Reviews for Forging Alliances Remix
kelwin chapter 7 . 8/13/2010
Hi great fic i love it. i am glad you slowed harry's and ginny's thing as i felt my self it was to fast and lessened the story. if your going to do a slash don't have it be with malphoy or snape or voldemort as i feel that is impossible and streches the boundries of fanfiction. i hope you update very soon as i can't wait to read more as i just really enjoy reading this.
ladysavay chapter 7 . 9/7/2009
Wonderful update and I really liked the whole birthday bash thing. The ritual to unblock his magic sounds fascinating and I am anxious to read about it.

If you want my humble opinion, I think the whole horcrux/hallows thing has been done to death. I just can't think of another way to make it original, and of course if you do it, getting Keegan in as Potions prof. would be difficult as by now, Albus has to get info out of Slughorn regarding the horcrux's and might not want to hire someone else.

I just can't see how to twist something new and undone-to-death with the horcrux's. The hallows might work.

My only caveat is the whole 'humble Harry who wants to be normal thing'. He seems a little bi polar in his self esteem just now. First he's uber nervous about testifying at the trial and you seem to paint the reason as he doesn't want to be on stage, then he shows lots of pride in his family and wants to be Head of House Potter and do his family proud. I'd really like to see him resolve some of those issues fairly soon. This whole 'why can't I just be a normal guy' whigning is getting a little old, especially for someone who KNOWS the world he lives in will live or die by his actions. I think he needs to get over it and grow up a bit. He is taking his life more and more into his hands, made choices that saved Sirius and confronted Dumbledore on some of his many mistakes and is working at being a better wizard, all with the goal of gaining independance and a chance to live his own life. That shows he's maturing, but let's see that affect his attitudes and not just his circumstances.

Anyway, good luck to you and update soon.
Vellouette chapter 7 . 9/6/2009
Wasn't Harry going to give Neville the book written ny Helga Hufflepuff to Neville as part of his birthday present?

I'm so glad Harry decided not to date Ginny. I can't stand the Harry/Ginny pairing. The Blaise/Hermione and Ron/Daphne pairings look interesting.

I've never liked the horcrux storyline, but I do like the Deathly Hallows storyline. I think it's much more interesting.

I'm not surprised at Dumbledore trying to undermind Sirius class. After all he let him rot in Azkaban for thirteen years without a trial. I'd like to see Sirius not fall for any taunting that Snape may do in order to get Sirius to attack him.
SensiblyTainted chapter 5 . 8/25/2009
omg... I had to write a review after reading this chapter. I completely agree with your assessment. The Harry you are molding would be more mature, and I'm glad you keep that the same in the relationship area. So many writers make a powerful mature Harry and inexplicably he becomes completely retarded when love comes in the picture. I mean, virginity does not equal stupid by any means, so I applaud your interpretation... I also must confess, I'm not a big fan of Ginny. Although your Ginny's not to bad, but canon Ginny is a really flat, static, unlikable character in my opinion. And I always saw Harry as bi... For someone who was denied love for so many fundamental years, I can't see him shrugging it off no mater what form it took... So... yeah... Just wanted to say I'm with you on this decision! I also think it's very in-character that he asks for Remus and Sirius' confirmation and opinons alot. He didn't have the chance to depend on adults before, so he'd take advantage of this a lot. Plus I'm sure he has insecurity and dependency issues... But at the same time, Harry is a type - especially your Harry - to make a decision and stick with it no matter who dissaproves. He's used to thinking for himself, so... okay.. got way to analytical there. Sorry!
MaileS chapter 6 . 8/25/2009
i like your story but i think that hermione is a little out of character, well actually she is kind of acting like the sixth book's hermione which in my opinion was completely out of character. i don't know if i can continue reading a story that portrays hermione like that. but ignore what i think and keep writing 'cause despite that this is a really good story
MaileS chapter 4 . 8/25/2009
i like your story so far but where's hermione? harry has said or thought that he has all his family with him but what about the girl who's been his big sister?
Mariann's chapter 5 . 8/24/2009
Phew! Glad you put the relationship part on the backburner...

I like Ginny as a character, but in canon I'm afraid she likes Harry for all the wrong reasons. She likes The Boy Who Lived, in spite of what Rowling keeps saying. I call the canon epilogue the Epilogue of Hell, worse than any fanfiction out there and I admit that usually I see all Harry/Ginny shipping as simpering.

Strongly dislike the likeness argument between Ginny and Lily. If at all I'd see Hermione as much more like Lily than Ginny can ever be. Okay, she LOOKS more like Lily, but honestly, doesn't it sound like a bad rendition of the Oedipus complex to have to like a girl because it reminds the boy of his mother? What does that say about the boy?

Intellectually, mentally AND emotionally Hermione is the better fit. She can let go if the situation is given, and be more fun, but she's driven, just like Harry is driven, even if it's by other motives. She's the one who never waivered, who always stood by her best friend's side and they do say that best friends make best spouses, after all.

Whatever. This was a good chapter. Though - in Sirius' place I would have replied to Harry's shagging comment that there ARE contraceptives, and that the wizarding world has a good number of spells and potions to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Always wonder why people think that abstinence is the only alternative.

Sex is a game - but one with distinct rules and as adults I think it is our responsibility that youths learn those rules rather than having to find them out themselves. They need to be taught that it's fine to be curious within the framework of the rules and the rules contain everything from respect of the other, responsibility in terms of prevention of STDs and unwanted pregnancies. All else is healthy and natural.

Strange that so many people have issues with our own nature :-)

Going to read the next chapter now...
Mariann's chapter 4 . 8/24/2009
So - Harry and Ginny, is it? Shame.

If you can do it in any way, shape or form - avoid Ron/Hermione, please? I'd loved to be spared seeing Hermione been used by that gormless prat called Ron Weasley.

Other than that - maybe a bit too lighthearted for war times, but they have to take what they can get. I think Harry shows more knowledge about things he was always kept away from in the Muggle world. While he would know they existed he probably wouldn't know anything beyond that about most things.

I do like your Remus and Sirius so far. Just as long as poor Sirius doesn't have to flirt with everything that stands still long enough to be graced with a pick-up line. I like to see him more resilient than a playboy. Like JKR wrote him in the cave in GoF, that's how I see Sirius after Azkaban.
Mariann's chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
Before I start reading again - YAY, this is back!

Glad you found it in you to try again! I know how hard it is to stick to a story when it's all just for your own fun of writing.

Off to read and probably review on another chapter...
dougal74 chapter 3 . 8/23/2009
A good chapter.
dougal74 chapter 2 . 8/23/2009
Another good chapter.
dougal74 chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
A good first chapter.
Vellouette chapter 3 . 8/23/2009
Please don't turn this into a Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione story! I just can't stand to read those type of stories!

I think Sirius should give an interview to the Quibbler, not the Daily Prophet, as the Prophet attacked Harry for months on end.

I think you did a good job on the ritual. Not so detailed I wanted to pull my hair out in frustration, but enough so I know it was more then just walking up to the veil, putting their gifts down, spilling a little bit of blood and yelling for Sirius to get his lazy behind out from behind the veil.

I loved the scene with Sirius, Harry, Dumbledore and Remus. Very well done.

As this is in the Harry and Sirius section I would like to see more interaction between those two characters.
Vellouette chapter 2 . 8/23/2009
Please, please, please don't pair Harry up with Ginny, or Ron with Hermione! I know that's canon, but if I wanted to read that I wouldn't be reading fanfiction, I'd read the last 2 books in the series.
Vellouette chapter 1 . 8/23/2009