Reviews for Consequences of a prepared mind
nighttheraven chapter 10 . 3/14
Please update, I really enjoy this story
AsunaKiritoYuiLove chapter 10 . 3/14
Oh wow I really love this story! It's got a lot of potential and I'm very eager to see how Harry's relationship with his house and the other houses will grow, not to mention professor Snape. I'm also very curious on Dumbledore's thoughts on all this, or even the reactions of some of the other professors. I feel like it would give a more rounded view to Harry's budding life as a student of Hogwarts.

To every positive there is a negative, which is why I asked about Dumbledore just now. You haven't adressed anyone in a really negative standart, more neutral, and I really like that. It gives the story something fresh and almost balanced in it's lack of hatred going around. It's been used so often after all. But still, I'm dying to find out how things will work out. What about the Philosopher's Stone, Voldemort, Dumbledore, the Ministry and all of the complcated things and important characters that are bound to show up sooner or later.

I know it's not quite right of me to assume but I can only immagine Draco and Ron being Harry's introduction into pureblood politics and relations, not to mention the entire Light versus Dark struggle. I admire Harry's natural skill to lead but at the same time, I feel like you are giving him too much credit. I understand that Harry is above average student, a genius or prodigy even as proved by his muggle education, but at the same time, it takes away at the balance and realism of this story. No one is so completely in control of themselves and you don't feel Harry struggle with anything.

People (and you of course) may or may not agree with me but I find that it would be borderline impossible for an eleven-year-old boy, newly introduced to the world of magic to be capable of such a complete transaction from one world to another, and his control over things. There should be one or two things he struggles in, though I wouldn't know what. Maybe some aspects of transfiguration. I remember you making a mention of it's differences to charms and having Harry struggle in such a subject would make him a little more realistic. At least this is how I feel.

But I think I've managed to ramble on long enough. it was a lovely read up until now and the cliffhanger is beautifully presented, leaving me begging for more to follow. And beg I shall! (shh, ignore the drama ;) )

I truly hope that you will find inspiration in your own story if you take it up again and perhaps even in my review. You've quite inspired me in the ways of a smart Harry and made me look forward for more. As such, I hope you enjoy the writing that is to come (in this or any other work you write, be it fandom related or not).

Without further ado: Have fun writing and hopefully you'll update soon!
Greets, Lumina.

P.S.: I forgot to mention this earlier but your way of noting hours is rather militaristic and unfitting for this type of fiction. Death Eaters are more likely to reference hours this way than students in the middle of their school hours are. it would make more sense to at least use "00:00" instead of just four consequent zero's. You could even go ahead and write down, "four 'o clock in the afternoon" but cosidering what you found comfortable here, even the former example would likely be sufficient to rid ourselves of the random military, no?
Thank you for reading all of this (if you have)!
fastreader12 chapter 10 . 3/11
Wonderful story! Please update when you can! Can't wait for the next chapter! :)
gggggg chapter 10 . 3/9
greats tory, please, please continue
RykOakwine chapter 10 . 2/8
Usually stories that stick to the canon plot so firmly irritate me, but the premise of this one is well done enough to make it interesting.

There is the common problem of canon characters being idealized and their notable canon personality flaws reduced or removed (such as Hermoine's bossiness and know-it-all nature virtually disappearing, and all of Harry's profound personality flaws disappearing completely) but hopefully that wouldn't continue and the author would bring the canon characters flaws back or at least introduce new flaws of equal magnitude for his OC's who have the same roles as Harry and Hermoine, especially Harry.

Looks like the story is long abandoned, and this intro certainly feels like it wasn't written from a developed outline, indicating the author likely had a neat idea, Harry as academically inclined and more socially adept than canon, wrote that much and the belatedly realized he didn't actually have a plot in mind to write a story about.

Sadly common in fanfic. Lots of stories start out with "Neat Idea For A Premise", which is good enough for an intro arc of 20,000 to 40,000 words in many cases, but the premise isn't the only required element for a story.

If the author doesn't have a plot they can outline before they start writing, then they'll usually sputter out once they get their intro to their premise written. :(
Reiha Sakurai chapter 10 . 1/10
I absolutely loved this fanfic and can't wait til you get the next chapter up so that I can read and find out what's going to happen next. Hope you update soon.
texasranger10 chapter 10 . 1/4
i do hope this continues soon
jamesryan.fletcher chapter 10 . 11/23/2014
A glorious foundation for a retelling of the canon story line. I know you've been active on the site since you stopped updating this so I hope you'll see some of the newer reviews and consider taking up your pen again and maybe continuing one or all of your great starts.

I hope you've been well and that you're still having fun being involved with this site.

Thank you for the work you've shared.
starie78 chapter 10 . 11/19/2014
This is great fun & I would love to see it continued.
Dr Stranger chapter 10 . 10/28/2014
It's always a mixed blessing finding a story like this one. It's very well written, somewhat original, at least in style, and completely abandoned.

In any case, on the off chance you are still around to read this, thank you for what you did write and remember it's never too late to come back and finish a story.
readingaccount chapter 10 . 10/27/2014
One of my favorite stories on this site! Even unfinished, it is worth rereading.
8goose8 chapter 10 . 9/21/2014
Please update!
Fick Chick chapter 10 . 9/20/2014
I really like this fic.
Forsake Eternity chapter 10 . 9/20/2014
Just found your work and I just want to say that I adore this fix-it fix :) I love that teachers in his primary years were able to offer him safe-haven and did the best they could for him. I adore that harry is working with the goblins to gain emancipation, although I am curious to see who he decides on for his advisor D. I adore that Harry is in Ravenclaw and that he's trail-blazing his own path and that all the teachers are being thrown for a loop including Snape. I like that The Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs are coming together as a group for study and friendship and am curious to find out how the Slytherin and Gryffindor students will act around Ravenclaw!Harry.

Awesome job, this story has made me really happy while reading and thank you so much for sharing your work with us :)
Helene Nightfire chapter 10 . 9/3/2014
Out of your five stories I think I like this one the most for the independent, intelligent & social Harry that I wish I could emulate. He is a great character to imagine. Thanks for sharing what you had written. I, like many others, wish you had continued the story and wish I had the imagination to provide an ending of my own. Maybe one day you will be able to indulge us rabid readers.