Reviews for GI Joe: The Rise of CGI
Karama9 chapter 13 . 2/26/2010
(claps)

Awesome finish to a great piece of work. You made me laugh with every chapter, and on top of that, you make me question everything I write, which is probably not a bad thing either in the long run.

You probably already know, but just to confirm for you: Cunégonde would be a very rare name in French nowadays. Unless it got popular again in Europe recently, that is.

Thanks for the good times!
willwrite4fics chapter 13 . 2/25/2010
Another brilliant chapter. Thanks, I needed the laughs. Especially loved the "they're all his neices.."
CatnipSoup chapter 13 . 2/25/2010
That was the perfect ending, to a perfect fic.

You are going to get one of my, ever-rare, Perfect Tens.

So much love to you it HURTS,

Miss-Yuuko.
PeaceRules101 I'm Sorry chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
Hey Asterisk, it's me. I'm sorry about what I did, I was just acting imature (If it's spelled wrong I'm sorry) The truth is, you reviews helped me and now I try my best to make sure my grammar is perfect. They may still be some glitches though. But I try. I don't think KodyRausch is sorry, but I am. I can understand why you blocked me and I didn't mean to get all stupid. Sorry. By the way, I liked your story! And Storm Shadow has a name, wow! Sorry I'm not that familiar with the cartoon. And the way you put all those details, awesome. I laughed well reading this, it was really good. You are a way better writer then me, like big time. Well just by guessing I'm guessing you go to college or did, so your way older then me, so that's probably why, I'm only 13. Please update soon, this is really good!
Asterisk78 chapter 12 . 2/7/2010
Hip-Hop Chick:

"Ha! i may like your story but ha! You are such a nerd!"

Why, thank you. Also, "i" should be capitalized.

"You insult a lot of people."

That's really too bad. I do try to be kind about my reviews, but sometimes people do have questions. That's why I log in: it's my little way of showing the people I review that I'm not just another flamer.

"i read some of your reviews that you've given and wow! Like what even made you think to come up with mary sue for a bad character."

Oh, I don't know where I got the term "Mary Sue"...it's only been established for 30 years in fanfiction. (Hint: Google before you ask the meaning of a term.)

"like they try their best. Think about that."

Just like, you know, like, you try your best not to sound like a thirteen-year-old? They do try their best. But when they post in a public forum, they're implicitly asking for criticism, and sometimes I provide it.

"Some people are sensitive and will stop writing just because of you."

Then what are they going to do when their manuscript gets rejected by a publisher? Gouge their eyes out a la Oedipus?

"So you just ruined them."

No comment.

"Like the first review you gave me, that haunted me for the rest of the night but i continued writing because i don't care."

Like I said, I’m religious about logging in. If you had a question, or wanted to discuss that review with me, I would have been more than happy to do so. However, since you’ve decided to hide behind the anonymity of the Internet, it looks like I’ll never know who you really are.

“Neither does my bud that also writes on here.”

If your friend is unhappy too, then have them review me, unless they’re my colorful homeless doppelganger who already expressed their unhappiness below.

“Go trash yourself.”

Asterisk78, your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. And watch yourself on the passive verbs.

“you may not think your insulting them but you are.”

Actually, I find it far more insulting to receive reviews that are lies. But that’s just me.

“anyway i liked your story but why is Snake Eyes talking! You ruined everything! he's a silent ninja!”

Fanonically, Snake Eyes uses sign language to communicate. Besides, I believe I explained that at one point…ah, here it is.

(Ripcord crossed his arms. “What just happened there?” he asked.

“I think the author just stated their preferences in pairings,” Duke said.

“No, that was obvious,” Ripcord said. “Snake Eyes just waved his hands around for almost five minutes, and Scarlett understood every word of it?”

Duke shrugged. “Rip, it’s a fanfiction. Snake Eyes can’t communicate visually, and since he is one of the main characters, there has to be some way for him to talk.”

“He never signed on screen in the movie,” Ripcord retorted.

“Maybe he’s camera shy?” Duke suggested.)

“and storm shadow and snake arn't friends. their enemys but i did like your story. please update.”

Actually, they’re friends in the comic canon, and it’s a pretty safe bet to assume that they’ll eventually make up in movie canon too. Besides, this is a parody. I’m allowed to do things like assume the future of canon, break the fourth wall, write caricatures of characters, et cetera, if it furthers the purpose of my writing: to affectionately parody GI Joe: Rise of Cobra and its accompanying Mary Sues. Glad you liked it. Hopefully, I’ll update soon.

Asterisk*
Hip-Hop chick chapter 12 . 2/7/2010
Ha! i may like your story but ha! You are such a nerd! You insult a lot of people. i read some of your reviews that you've given and wow! Like what even made you think to come up with mary sue for a bad character. like they try their best. Think about that. Some people are sensitive and will stop writing just because of you. So you just ruined them. Like the first review you gave me, that haunted me for the rest of the night but i continued writing because i don't care. Neither does my bud that also writes on here. Go trash yourself. you may not think your insulting them but you are. anyway i liked your story but why is Snake Eyes talking! You ruined everything! he's a silent ninja! and storm shadow and snake arn't friends. their enemys but i did like your story. please update.
CatnipSoup chapter 12 . 2/6/2010
hahahahaha!

I always save these for when I'm in a poor mood, or in need of stupid fanpeople bashing.

TOS!Ashayam had me all strung up, and this was precisely what I needed.

w
Asterisk78 the gayest hobo chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
this is the gayest piece of garbage ever. yr such a nub. ya nub
Brainiac5 chapter 12 . 1/19/2010
I think I died of silent laughter twice- this is what I get for reading your fic in a computer lab: A hernia!

I loved the spanish, and the horrible babelfish translator... And Stephen Hawking vs Stephen King...

And the polar bear. I can't wait to see how this thing ends... And the ice falls... and sinks...

PS: Are we still tied in the procrastination game?
zenbon zakura chapter 12 . 1/18/2010
lol

the plane

lol

so cute!
Frankizzle chapter 12 . 1/17/2010
Hahaha, I loved the Spanish bit, I'm learning Spanish at the moment and those false cognates get really annoying. I'm guessing it would be even more annoying if I was about to be eaten by nanomites *nods sagely*

Everything was generally hilarious, I would love to see Storm Shadow kill a polar bear with arrows XD
Karama9 chapter 12 . 1/16/2010
Yay, an update!

Big international team with no Spanish speaker, BUT Scarlett is familiar with the quirks of the language. Loved that. :D

I like Storm Shadow's attitude with the Sue. He's actually nicer than I would be by that point, while still sardonic. Snake Eyes hiding and practically cowering is great.
x0xkassieannx0x chapter 12 . 1/16/2010
*laughs* Oh my! That was amazing!

It almost makes me cringe, when I read all these stories from G.I Joe about these unbelievable characters who defeat the Joes all the time and always have some trashy background. Aka Mary Sues.

This is very clever and really enjoyed reading it so far! You've knocked all the Mary Sue's on the head and I can swear I recognise all of them. *grin*

(Ps: nothing bugs me more than writing in accents )

Cant wait to read more! This is great!
willwrite4fics chapter 12 . 1/15/2010
Hahahahah! Thanks.. I needed this. Poor polar bear will get a tummyache now.
dreamweaver34 chapter 11 . 1/15/2010
OMG, the polar bear eating a Mary-Sue! That is perfect. And the thing with the cats and her 'depression' is just fabulous.

“Last time I checked, Snake Eyes wasn’t Prozac,” Storm Shadow said.

I love that line. Just the thought of Snake Eyes being like Prozac is hilarious. Great job!
99 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »