Reviews for GI Joe: The Rise of CGI
Eccleston Rocks chapter 2 . 7/31/2011
*applauds* Someone who agrees w/ my familyI that Duke is emotionless! (We're actually rewatching this movie right now. :3)

And thank u for the Doctor Who reference! 8D (I LOVE that show. :D)
The J-Master chapter 13 . 7/27/2011
This is an amazing story. I love how you've turned the movie against itself to create a mockery of it. The Sues add a whole other level of hilarity. I salute you!
NowAskYourself-WhatWouldLokiDo chapter 13 . 11/25/2010
You know I just re-read this, and I realized some things. I actually liked the movie, and am extremely insulted by this, one because I am one of those people that writes sequel fics for GI JOE ROC, and it made it pretty obvious Baroness would be with Duke after it all, after they kissed so many times. And although I know you disliked the movie, I didn't, and maybe you should consider not insulting other writers, hmmm?
CrystalOfEllinon chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Oh, my.

I read this some time ago, but for some reason (left brain in my other jacket?) I've never reviewed this chapter, which is something that I must remedy. Because there is one line in this chapter that has brought me a great deal of joy. And that line is "I did some freelancing over in the Lord of the Rings section."

The image of some of the rampant infestation of Mary Sues in the LotR random getting stabbed by ninja makes me giggle in a slightly crazed manner. Thank you.

The rest of this is great too, by the way.
Harmony Valentine chapter 4 . 2/28/2010
...ok, i am right now reading chapter 4 of your, totaly kiss ass story, that is extremely funny, and i came across the name Paige and that she has a strong attraction, or fangirl hyperness, with snake eyes...and my name used to be Paige...until i changed it, but thats not the point. and i think snake eyes rocks...but i dont think mary sues are great, even if sometimes my stories turn out to be sort of mary sueish...either way, i just thought that was weird and that i wanted to just give u this random bit of imformation along with me saying that i like your story. so..yeah
PeaceRules101 chapter 13 . 2/26/2010
Nice! I loved the last chapter, well I liked the hole freakin story! Loved the last chapter! That twist thing with that kid that turned out to be Ana's, brilliant! One question, when did Ana have a kid? And the last name Hauser, I thought Duke and her broke up, oh wait, before they broke up they had her! Okay now I understand!

If you planned it to be different then the thing I said, the Duke and Ana thing. Just PM me.

I wish this didn't have to be complete! Boo Hoo!
Rai Science chapter 13 . 2/26/2010
Hysterical! I loveed it! The movie wasn't that bad, despite the noncannon and general impossibility ya know. It was fun and there were explosions. Not to mentionParis was blown up again. Poor Snake Eyes, he and Storm Shadow do not get their redemptive moment. Ah well. Awesome story~
Brainiac5 chapter 13 . 2/26/2010
Best! Ending! EVER!

Ah, I loved it. The headdesk, and Snake eyes' aversion to wikipedia, and the random puns... Heh, and of course, the purple eyed rebel in a ferrari...

Awsum.
Karama9 chapter 13 . 2/26/2010
(claps)

Awesome finish to a great piece of work. You made me laugh with every chapter, and on top of that, you make me question everything I write, which is probably not a bad thing either in the long run.

You probably already know, but just to confirm for you: Cunégonde would be a very rare name in French nowadays. Unless it got popular again in Europe recently, that is.

Thanks for the good times!
willwrite4fics chapter 13 . 2/25/2010
Another brilliant chapter. Thanks, I needed the laughs. Especially loved the "they're all his neices.."
Ms. Catnip chapter 13 . 2/25/2010
That was the perfect ending, to a perfect fic.

You are going to get one of my, ever-rare, Perfect Tens.

So much love to you it HURTS,

Miss-Yuuko.
PeaceRules101 I'm Sorry chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
Hey Asterisk, it's me. I'm sorry about what I did, I was just acting imature (If it's spelled wrong I'm sorry) The truth is, you reviews helped me and now I try my best to make sure my grammar is perfect. They may still be some glitches though. But I try. I don't think KodyRausch is sorry, but I am. I can understand why you blocked me and I didn't mean to get all stupid. Sorry. By the way, I liked your story! And Storm Shadow has a name, wow! Sorry I'm not that familiar with the cartoon. And the way you put all those details, awesome. I laughed well reading this, it was really good. You are a way better writer then me, like big time. Well just by guessing I'm guessing you go to college or did, so your way older then me, so that's probably why, I'm only 13. Please update soon, this is really good!
Asterisk78 chapter 12 . 2/7/2010
Hip-Hop Chick:

"Ha! i may like your story but ha! You are such a nerd!"

Why, thank you. Also, "i" should be capitalized.

"You insult a lot of people."

That's really too bad. I do try to be kind about my reviews, but sometimes people do have questions. That's why I log in: it's my little way of showing the people I review that I'm not just another flamer.

"i read some of your reviews that you've given and wow! Like what even made you think to come up with mary sue for a bad character."

Oh, I don't know where I got the term "Mary Sue"...it's only been established for 30 years in fanfiction. (Hint: Google before you ask the meaning of a term.)

"like they try their best. Think about that."

Just like, you know, like, you try your best not to sound like a thirteen-year-old? They do try their best. But when they post in a public forum, they're implicitly asking for criticism, and sometimes I provide it.

"Some people are sensitive and will stop writing just because of you."

Then what are they going to do when their manuscript gets rejected by a publisher? Gouge their eyes out a la Oedipus?

"So you just ruined them."

No comment.

"Like the first review you gave me, that haunted me for the rest of the night but i continued writing because i don't care."

Like I said, I’m religious about logging in. If you had a question, or wanted to discuss that review with me, I would have been more than happy to do so. However, since you’ve decided to hide behind the anonymity of the Internet, it looks like I’ll never know who you really are.

“Neither does my bud that also writes on here.”

If your friend is unhappy too, then have them review me, unless they’re my colorful homeless doppelganger who already expressed their unhappiness below.

“Go trash yourself.”

Asterisk78, your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. And watch yourself on the passive verbs.

“you may not think your insulting them but you are.”

Actually, I find it far more insulting to receive reviews that are lies. But that’s just me.

“anyway i liked your story but why is Snake Eyes talking! You ruined everything! he's a silent ninja!”

Fanonically, Snake Eyes uses sign language to communicate. Besides, I believe I explained that at one point…ah, here it is.

(Ripcord crossed his arms. “What just happened there?” he asked.

“I think the author just stated their preferences in pairings,” Duke said.

“No, that was obvious,” Ripcord said. “Snake Eyes just waved his hands around for almost five minutes, and Scarlett understood every word of it?”

Duke shrugged. “Rip, it’s a fanfiction. Snake Eyes can’t communicate visually, and since he is one of the main characters, there has to be some way for him to talk.”

“He never signed on screen in the movie,” Ripcord retorted.

“Maybe he’s camera shy?” Duke suggested.)

“and storm shadow and snake arn't friends. their enemys but i did like your story. please update.”

Actually, they’re friends in the comic canon, and it’s a pretty safe bet to assume that they’ll eventually make up in movie canon too. Besides, this is a parody. I’m allowed to do things like assume the future of canon, break the fourth wall, write caricatures of characters, et cetera, if it furthers the purpose of my writing: to affectionately parody GI Joe: Rise of Cobra and its accompanying Mary Sues. Glad you liked it. Hopefully, I’ll update soon.

~Asterisk*
Hip-Hop chick chapter 12 . 2/7/2010
Ha! i may like your story but ha! You are such a nerd! You insult a lot of people. i read some of your reviews that you've given and wow! Like what even made you think to come up with mary sue for a bad character. like they try their best. Think about that. Some people are sensitive and will stop writing just because of you. So you just ruined them. Like the first review you gave me, that haunted me for the rest of the night but i continued writing because i don't care. Neither does my bud that also writes on here. Go trash yourself. you may not think your insulting them but you are. anyway i liked your story but why is Snake Eyes talking! You ruined everything! he's a silent ninja! and storm shadow and snake arn't friends. their enemys but i did like your story. please update.
Ms. Catnip chapter 12 . 2/6/2010
hahahahaha~!

I always save these for when I'm in a poor mood, or in need of stupid fanpeople bashing.

TOS!Ashayam had me all strung up, and this was precisely what I needed.

w