Reviews for The Story of Fujimoto
RustyPete12 chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
I've read this story before! Got to admit, I thought that DeviantART was the only place you could find this. I was wrong. Still, beautiful story! I approve!
justcallmereggie chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
For a relatively quick look at his life and their meeting, courtship, and 'hooking up,' that was very nice! I do agree with the others that if you'd been inclined to make it longer by incorporating more or elaborating on certain portions, it would have helped, but there's nothing badly wrong as it is. I too just imagined there having been something a bit more dramatic-but hey, this is overall another nice backstory idea for my favorite characters that isn't terribly far off from the thoughts I started having myself after seeing the movie. :)

Interesting comment about the disappearing wedding band, too, Jenny...! :o ;-)
whizcuz chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
After watching the film, I was curious about Fujimoto's past and how he came to be, so thanks for sharing a possible insight.

And actually reviewing now, as another person mentioned, the part where Granmamare doesn't remember who Fujimoto is and then says she has thought of him over the years was awkward.

That's mostly it. It should have been longer so I could have continued to read it. But it was well done for the most part.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
Nice
BlackRitual chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
he ran outside and to teh ocean

I

I

txt spk
jenny gray chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
Hello !

That was nice ! Now that Ponyo has been released in almost every country I'm looking forward for nice fanfictions.

I thought that somehow it was quick, but I know you wanted to make a short story. Some things were odd though, for example why Granmamare pretend not to remember Fujimoto's name and then says she thought about him all the time ? It's strange.

I think you could have add some sort of slow getting-together motion, for example granmamare appearing down the water while fujimoto was diving or in trouble, that would have been great.

It seems here that they encounter somehow casually and then decide to live together because somehow that was meant to be.

Aww I would have like a little more romance hahaha Granmamare seems to just tease the men and then make him his slave

But still I'm telling you I'm looking forward for other stories from you, maybe when you have the time to write something more long !

oh there is something else, it's funny that if you look at ponyo storyboard album, you see that Miyazaki first draw Fujimoto with a ring on his finger, to show that he was married. But that did not appear in the movie, why do you think ?

Either way, I don't believe in romance with mariage, I don't believe in mariage

Hey good luck with the stories ! lookign forward to reading you again !

xo
vinterse chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
I liked the glimpses we got of Fuji's life, and the ending was smooth and clean, but I would work a bit on the middle, particularly the emotional aspect of the death of Fuji's parents. That part seemed a tad rushed and could be used for better characterization, I feel.

Is satsuki an oc? I love introducing oc's into miyazaki's stories. Wonder what her backstory is...