Reviews for Tyrant
ThatJuanGuy chapter 5 . 3/17
Probably the best FanFiction I've ever read. The character growth was very clear and well thought out, and the parallels to history were also well done. Overall I really enjoyed the story and only wish that it had been a little longer.
ell chapter 5 . 12/13/2016
please please update
Logicalmagic chapter 5 . 4/13/2016
This is quite an epic story. I hope you continue it
leylinjan chapter 5 . 4/7/2016
loved this story
EddyxMarvoloxRiddle chapter 5 . 2/8/2016
Sucks this hasn't been updated in so long. I was hoping to see Octavian..oops I mean Harry *wink wink* Come in and avenge his Godfather's inevitable murder, before creating the greatest empire since the Roman Empire.
InquisitorCOC chapter 1 . 1/26/2016
What a great story that's unfortunately being abandoned!

Anyway, I think your characters map to the following historical counterparts:
Sirius - Caesar
Bill Weasley - Lepidus
Cedric - Tiberius Claudius Nero
Narcissa - Sevillia
Sakura Lisel chapter 2 . 8/22/2015
Dang Harry and Sirius forgot something when they were yelling at Kreacher. Like ORDER/DEMAND Kreacher to hand over every single letter he took and give them back to them, and if hes destroyed them REALLY punish him them. *lol*
Flameo Hotman chapter 5 . 8/9/2015
By far one of the best fics I've ever read. The characters and their growth is brilliant. I love the politics and representation of war. Brilliant. Thank you for this gem of a story.
HPMARIE chapter 5 . 7/22/2015
Wow, I love this story, you're an amazing writer!
pgkpjs chapter 5 . 1/23/2015
Superlative! A fast paced and well structured story for thinking person by a thinking person.
kyuubi shadow chapter 5 . 1/15/2015
Fantastic
Cillit Bang Bang chapter 5 . 11/5/2014
Hm. Pity this ceased being updated before Octavius Potter could show his nasty side in the period between his Godfather's murder and the establishment of the principate.
Poet Wroet chapter 5 . 6/27/2014
It's a good story. A lot of conflict, a lot of politics. I like it.

You might want to check out some of DisobedienceWriter's works. The Heir of Magic and The Birth of Evil come to mind, as well as Knowledge is Useful, but Power is Power. And Guerilla Potter. Who am I kidding I like all his stories. The politics aren't as well-written as yours, but I think you'll enjoy them.
Guest chapter 5 . 6/4/2014
Holy cupcakes this was awesome! Though I'm rather curious to see who will be the Brutus to Sirius's Caesar...
ulfark chapter 5 . 11/11/2013
i know the thing i'm about to ask is quite difficult but could you write some everyday life of the common soldier perspectives. right now its mostly macro events and individual reactions to it which are great but i would like to see them worked out in more detail. though i totally get why you dont, to do so would get your story bogged down and never go anywhere but still some scraps would be nice.

i would also like some smarter reactions from sirius' enemies. the goblins defeat was mandatory to consolidate his power but some detail on how he did it would be nice like the runespoor ploy. same with the dread king great setup but nothing but a cliffnote almost.

your story is smart and shows great character development over time i just want to see some on the enemies side as well to keep the balance. even a dictator needs his enemies which is probably why you stopped writing, you lost your antagonists.

as a suggestion for new enemies have him in charge for a year or two and then have public support erode and muggle's demand more and more sparking resentment among the wizards. i'm not advocating muggle vs wizards war but that would create a breeding ground for recruits for the dread king bringing him back into the game.

also possible is having sirius be forced to abuse his power to protect his loved ones. like bill weasley did something stupid and he had to cover it up to protect his rep among his soldiers. secrecy and corruption like that breeds enemies.

also give the continent a voice, you never expounded on their power structure after sirius saved them from the goblins. he seems to be in control but a foreigner in charge always sits uneasy with the local populace.

there is also war fatigue from his own soldiers that might get fed up with him constantly keeping one war or another going. in short you can still create new ones if you need to.