Reviews for Tyrant
Jimm chapter 4 . 8/29/2009
Good chapter, thanks for sharing it with us.
Shadowface chapter 4 . 8/28/2009
Pretty effing sweet! Heres hoping that Harry ends up king!
Elaur chapter 4 . 8/28/2009
Hi,

Even with the cleat diffrence, i can't stop myself to see Ceasar in Sirius, Ciceron in Dumbledore, Auguste in Harry, Brutus or Marc Antoine in Draco, etc.

You have created a really great story, i will follow it with enthousiam.

Elaur
Luis chapter 4 . 8/28/2009
I really enjoy all of your work, you are really a great write, but what really fustrates me is that you leave your best stories half finished, i hope that you can really finish this one.

Good luck on your vacation
silverlasso chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
Fuck yes. I love a good political fic. I'll review more in-depth once I get to the the fourth chapter, but DAMN is this good. I will definitely be here until the end.
hjcallipygian chapter 4 . 8/28/2009
Man, this story is awesome. I do have to admit, though, I was getting excited for Harry to really do some serious damage in Dumbledore's office! Shame on you for letting me down. (That last sentence was heavy, heavy sarcasm. )

I hope I didn't frustrate you too much with my comparisons of Harry and Octavius. I was more referring to my belief that he'll come in after Sirius's death and take everything over and restore peace than anything else.

Hope you have a good vacation. I really hope you feel all kinds of inspired to write more of this story soon, though I can't fault you for just relaxing and enjoying SoCal. Just a great story and I keep wanting more and more.
Beth5572 chapter 4 . 8/28/2009

Terri
Taure chapter 4 . 8/28/2009
Interesting story.

One thing bothers me though. You speak of Harry not caring for practical magic in one sentence and had him useless in the fight in Dumbledore's office, and then talk of his massive duelling skill the next (duelling with Dumbledore, his commentary on the practice battles at Hogwarts).

It seems to me that these two things are contradictory.

You definitely need to work on your action scenes too. Your dialogue is fine, and much of the story rests upon it, but your narration/description and action leave much to be desired.

We could also do with more detail. Many things are alluded to, but few things outlined in their specifics, especially with regard to military campaigns. It seems like you've rather carelessly transposed the Roman civil wars onto the wizarding world with no regard for how the worlds are different.
poeidenz chapter 4 . 8/28/2009
Wonderful story.

I especially love the exploration of the cannon-characters such as Sirius Black, Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy. The interplay of characters in war, love and family are executed well.

While I would have liked to see more of Harry's involvement, I understand the story is named aptly 'Tyrant' for a reason. Nonetheless, it would be nice to see Harry's deeper involvement in the building of the empire. If I have guessed correctly, Harry Potter will become a much colder individual who places the needs of the nation and his God-father above anything else. He'd become the very co-creator cum contributor to the perfect republic which bans the very poetry (incidentally the only real element of intimacy which he has with Ginny.)

A refreshing breath of air in the increasingly stale Harry Potter fandom. Kudos!
XcrimsonroseX chapter 4 . 8/28/2009
I love this story! Will Harry come into play against the Dread King? Hope you update soon!
David Fishwick chapter 4 . 8/28/2009
Great idea and please write more thanks.
Lord of All chapter 4 . 8/28/2009
Looking forward to when Harry & Voldemort meet in battle. I want to see Harry fight.

Thanks & keep up the great work. This is a really unique story.

Have fun on your vacation.
Wolfric chapter 4 . 8/27/2009
Great chapter. Thanks for writing. W.
John Raven chapter 4 . 8/27/2009
Et to Narcissa?
heathw chapter 4 . 8/27/2009
Another impressive chapter. Rest assured, despite complaints, that you are not the only overaged male harboring a Harry/Ginny fantasy. It's a bit odd that readers would make such a complaint to a writer known for using the pairing so frequently. In this case, however, its downright confusing. Given the complex interactions of different factions and their machinations, Ginny is the only character who can contribute to the plot in the role of Harry's would-be love. The Weasley family is fractured already in canon. Extending that here makes great sense. To insert another character into that role would either make her wholly unimportant to the story or would require multichapter establishment of another family and its character. Ah well, enough of my rant. If I don't stop now I'll be looking back on a long list of points, building an argument, when clearly, you already agree!

This story remains wonderfully unique in the Harry Potter Universe. I do wonder if you will ever cleanly state all of Durin's points for us. Many are easy to glean, so it is perhaps not wholly necessary. Perhaps I should write Durin's Treatise myself!
217 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »