Reviews for Tyrant
Beth5572 chapter 4 . 8/28/2009

Terri
Taure chapter 4 . 8/28/2009
Interesting story.

One thing bothers me though. You speak of Harry not caring for practical magic in one sentence and had him useless in the fight in Dumbledore's office, and then talk of his massive duelling skill the next (duelling with Dumbledore, his commentary on the practice battles at Hogwarts).

It seems to me that these two things are contradictory.

You definitely need to work on your action scenes too. Your dialogue is fine, and much of the story rests upon it, but your narration/description and action leave much to be desired.

We could also do with more detail. Many things are alluded to, but few things outlined in their specifics, especially with regard to military campaigns. It seems like you've rather carelessly transposed the Roman civil wars onto the wizarding world with no regard for how the worlds are different.
poeidenz chapter 4 . 8/28/2009
Wonderful story.

I especially love the exploration of the cannon-characters such as Sirius Black, Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy. The interplay of characters in war, love and family are executed well.

While I would have liked to see more of Harry's involvement, I understand the story is named aptly 'Tyrant' for a reason. Nonetheless, it would be nice to see Harry's deeper involvement in the building of the empire. If I have guessed correctly, Harry Potter will become a much colder individual who places the needs of the nation and his God-father above anything else. He'd become the very co-creator cum contributor to the perfect republic which bans the very poetry (incidentally the only real element of intimacy which he has with Ginny.)

A refreshing breath of air in the increasingly stale Harry Potter fandom. Kudos!
XcrimsonroseX chapter 4 . 8/28/2009
I love this story! Will Harry come into play against the Dread King? Hope you update soon!
David Fishwick chapter 4 . 8/28/2009
Great idea and please write more thanks.
Lord of All chapter 4 . 8/28/2009
Looking forward to when Harry & Voldemort meet in battle. I want to see Harry fight.

Thanks & keep up the great work. This is a really unique story.

Have fun on your vacation.
Wolfric chapter 4 . 8/27/2009
Great chapter. Thanks for writing. W.
John Raven chapter 4 . 8/27/2009
Et to Narcissa?
heathw chapter 4 . 8/27/2009
Another impressive chapter. Rest assured, despite complaints, that you are not the only overaged male harboring a Harry/Ginny fantasy. It's a bit odd that readers would make such a complaint to a writer known for using the pairing so frequently. In this case, however, its downright confusing. Given the complex interactions of different factions and their machinations, Ginny is the only character who can contribute to the plot in the role of Harry's would-be love. The Weasley family is fractured already in canon. Extending that here makes great sense. To insert another character into that role would either make her wholly unimportant to the story or would require multichapter establishment of another family and its character. Ah well, enough of my rant. If I don't stop now I'll be looking back on a long list of points, building an argument, when clearly, you already agree!

This story remains wonderfully unique in the Harry Potter Universe. I do wonder if you will ever cleanly state all of Durin's points for us. Many are easy to glean, so it is perhaps not wholly necessary. Perhaps I should write Durin's Treatise myself!
slashslut chapter 4 . 8/27/2009
this fic is AMAZING! i love the detail and the intricacies of the plot. very layered!
Guararararar chapter 4 . 8/27/2009
Breathtaking!

By the way for some reason Sirius reminds me a lot of Mark Antony.

Also being a Rome fan I have to wonder if Tonks and Harry will have sex?

It will be nice to see more of Narcissa as well , presuming of course she is the puppeteer behind the plan to bring down Sirius...
meiren chapter 4 . 8/27/2009
I LOVE this! This is just so... so fascinating! I can't wait to read more.
Guararararar chapter 3 . 8/27/2009
This is just the story I've been waiting for .

You just made my month mate ...
The murmuring brook chapter 3 . 8/27/2009
this is a brilliantly scipted story with one hell of a plot. i feel really sorry for Harry though- and hope that Draco dies in a small shirmish irritaing evil boy that he is and that the blacks realizes their cruelty towards Harry and that sirry begs for forgivness though if this follow's the life and death of Julius Caesar than i guess Harry will either face the role of Julius' Mark Antony or become the Brutus he has every right in being. poor harry i weep for him- i have actually cried whilst reading this. hope he at least gets a semi- happy ending or at least acknowledgement from the blacks that he is truely a very gifted very damaged young man- oh and the ginny thing works really well- update soon as i can't seem to get this thing off my mind :)
heathw chapter 3 . 8/26/2009
I am appauled at myself for not checking my email this week. Finding a new story by you-and three chapters at that-was truly welcome. This tale is unique and deeply intriguing. I am always thrilled to see you pick up the pen. You latest, here, is no dissapointment. It's mature and thoughtful. The characters have changed, but still retain a hint of their canon selves. The likness to "Rome" is exciting and welcome. I perceive Harry as the Octavius to your Sirius Caesar. I look forward to where you lead us.
211 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »