Reviews for Tyrant
Marquis Black chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
Still loving it.

My guesses have now evolved, though.

I'm guessing that Frank Longbottom is now serving as a sort of Pompey Magnus character, minus the vast military glory. Moody, I'm not sure who you're basing him on, but if he was younger, I'd have put him as Marcus Antoninus, although I'm rapidly thinking that maybe Bill or Remus could fit that role.

Crouch reminds me of Cassius, and given the level of influence he will no doubt wield over Draco, it would be the adequate dichotomy to justify the Brutus-Cassius relationship that led to Caesar's assassination.

Dumbledore is, of course, Marcus Tullius Cicero ("These being my words...").

Not sure what you're doing with Ginny, though. Is she supposed to be Livia, future wife of Augustus Caesar?

Ron...no idea. My first guess was that he was Cassius, but he's too entrenched in his love for General Sirius Black's (read Caesar) glory, so I gave that to Crouch. I guess he could be another of the conspirators.

The ones I'm -really- interested in finding out, though, are who are Cato and the rest of the Optimates. So far, no one seems to have demonstrated the vim and verve of the grim Cato the Younger.
spartaaaa chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
So Harry is dueling Dumbledore in his spare time? Have we even seen him cast a spell in the story? Obviously Draco and his Hogwarts friends think Harry's a poetry-reading wimp. In the books there were only a few wizards in the entire country who could fight like Dumbledore (not just firing flashy lights at each other, but directly making whatever they want happen).

Historically, I suppose, Harry will undertake a hazardous trek to meet up with Sirius that will show what he's really capable of and convince Sirius to make him his heir. Not sure if that really works with portkeys and floos and apparition. Maybe a battle where Harry shows that he's actually capable of the ruthlessness Augustus showed on his rise to power?
hjcallipygian chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
I'm starting to feel my theory that Harry is Octavian is more and more accurate. He's a smart, scheming son of a gun, isn't he? I love how he's thinking rings around people that don't even realize that he could be a threat. Heh. "I'm taking these classes," indeed. Don't have to take the class to take the exam, I imagine, yes?

So is this already finished and you're just waiting for time to pass to post it all? Because, if not, you sure do write hella fast for having such attention to detail and no typos at all. Impressive either way, of course.

Totally ready for more!
Beth5572 chapter 3 . 8/24/2009

Terri
Sanity is Relative chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
Hey

i love your story. please update sometime soon.

i have studied Ceasar and find it really interesting in how ur putting the story together in such a way that i can recognise the story line of Ceasar but still be completely engrossed that all i want to do is find out how it ends because i feel like i dont know.

i must say while i am very much not a harry ginny fan i am enjoying the by plays between them in this chapter.

please update soon

lots of inspiration to ur muse

SiR
AngelQueen chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
Oh, yay! Another new chapter! Heh, Harry's crushing on Ginny, which makes me think that she's his Livia. That would make Draco not Antony, but Livia's first husband (whose name escapes me at the moment)?

Of course, as the political situation develops, I find myself looking at the political characters - Dumbledore, Frank, Madam Bones, etc. - and trying to find a Brutus or a Cassius among them. Just who will it be that plunges the knife into Sirius' back and opens the door for Harry to step in? It would have to be someone Sirius trusted, much as Caesar trusted Brutus (to an extent). Perhaps Bill? Or Remus, maybe?

Oh this is so much fun, trying to connect the characters to the historical figures! The story's entertaining by itself, and guessing and speculating just adds to it.

It does make me sad about Nym, though, and how she's pulling away from Harry like that. Makes me wish we could see those two hash it out between them.

Great chapter! Keep up the good work! :)
NewSlove chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
i have to say, this is by far one of the most interesting story i've seen yet!

sirius as a tyrant! but i say a good tyrant.

i say in a way, it's like 3 battle going on.

the ministry, dumbledore, and sirius.

all so interesting and i like the idea of draco and harry fighting for ginny and how draco and ron are friends...very nice :D

i love to see more!
Lord of All chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
Nice going.

The story is quite different from the usual fare.

I was thinking that Harry would move out of Grimmauld Place & into Potter Manor as he is at odds with everyone there.

As those who have completed their owls are joining the legions you could say that the children now attain majority after completing their owls. So Harry doesn't have to stay at Grimmauld anymore.

Thanks & keep up the good work.
dexterZ chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
a different take Military style HP without harry taking any active involvement. but H/G isnt my cup of tea..so i'll get of this ride now ...good luck
bananacupcakes chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
Please continue :)
bandgsecurtiyaw chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
Great stuff keep it up.
David Fishwick chapter 2 . 8/23/2009
Brilliant idea and please update soon thanks.
krytos chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
Just one word, AMAZING, PLEASE UPDATE, ITS FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY.
hjcallipygian chapter 2 . 8/23/2009
Wow, very interesting concept. Not entirely sure where you're going with this, although I suppose that Sirius is Julius Caesar and Harry is Octavius? I'm not entirely up on my Roman history, most of what I know is because I read Jim Butcher's Codex Alera and got curious about Rome.

Good stuff. Can't wait for more. )
hit0 chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
I have always been fascinated by politics, and i absolutely LOVE your story. The politics in the Wizenmagot and the Ministry is something that I always felt didn't deserve enough attention in the original books and in most fanfiction. The way you characterized black, longbottom, and moody is absolutely spot on.

your diction flows, and its a great story. keep up the good work
204 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 Next »