Reviews for Tyrant
ASocks chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
I love how capable Black is in this fic, and the combination of him, Moody and Longbottom is delightful to behold! :D
Guest chapter 5 . 4/11/2013
I love this story
TimeofMagic75 chapter 5 . 4/10/2013
I wish you would continue updating!
MurphysLaw1812 chapter 5 . 3/11/2013
cool fic
thkrya17 chapter 5 . 2/28/2013
So there goes Sirius's plans for democracy? I do enjoy your gentle connections between Harry and Octavian Caesar, the historical character who fascinates me the most. I wish you would continue with this wonderful story but the long departure from it seems to tell me you will not. Oh well, this truly was an excellent piece.
Shadowface chapter 5 . 2/14/2013
I don't remember if i reviewed this story, but it's freakin awesome. I just wish there was more Harry.
rick001 chapter 5 . 1/15/2013
a great story really sad u arent updating it nemore
Publicola chapter 5 . 1/13/2013
Okay, so it turns out I didn't dislike this nearly as much as I thought. In fact, I greatly enjoyed it. You've obviously patterned your version of Sirius off the life of Julius Caesar (and Harry off Octavian, who became Augustus Caesar), though there are necessary differences due to canon. Your fic has made me contemplate not just my own story, but my very political philosophy, due to the consequences of such widespread corruption and the difficulties in yielding power once given. Rowling's portrayal of the magical world is astonishingly depraved, so it is not at all difficult to imagine circumstances that might make a Caeser-type public figure possible or even necessary. Extraordinary story. I wish it hadn't been abandoned or put on hiatus.
Publicola chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
The politicking in this chapter is superb. I'll probably use it as a model for the political maneuvering in my own fic. The divergence point changes (Sirius arriving early, and leaving Harry with the Tonks) were equally well conceived. I have a feeling this fic will degenerate into something I wouldn't approve (the title and summary pretty much guarantee it) but so far I'm all in favor.
Sampaad chapter 5 . 1/8/2013
when will there be a new chapter?
blackshadow111 chapter 5 . 12/31/2012
Since this story is long abandoned, this review happens to be entirely pointless. Still, what has to be said has to be said.
Sirius's character is good, powerful. But the parallels to Caesar are a bit too strong.

I can already see a scene, where he dies, crying out "you too, Draco?"

There are other examples, with Remus Lupin as Mark Antony and Harry, of course, as Octavius.

Truly, it could have been great.

Oh and by the way, I'm gonna steal all your ideas.
221Bfandomlocked4 chapter 5 . 12/30/2012
This is so great and very well written! Excellent combo of Roman history and HP world! With Sirius being dictator, and how the legions are organized! Ancient Rome is my favorite historical time period, and Sirius is my favorite character! Please continue this! I can't wait to read more! Are you going to write a sequel?
jesusfreak100percent chapter 5 . 12/26/2012
Are you planning on continuing with this? Or is this supposed to be some type of open ending? Because it is very open, in that case. Would you consider adding to it? I read this story a long time ago, but re-reading it was great.

I have to admit, when you first mentioned Durin, I actually looked him up. I could only find LotR references, which seemed incorrect. But you cleared that matter up later. I actually don't know quite a lot of Roman history - at least, not of the individual rulers. I know a little of the culture and traditions. So this was interesting as it was entirely new and I did not attempt to draw relations between Roman rulers and the characters. But now I need to look up Roman rulers!

Please add to this. I would like to see how it turns out, and although I realise it is not a focus of the story, I would love to see Harry and Ginny together. Not even as a main point, but simply to have it happen. Also Harry and Tonks (or Nymphadora, as you call her) need reconciling still.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/3/2012
So GOOD
Benoit chapter 5 . 11/9/2012
This is perhaps the best written fic of it's kind. Please don't let it be abandoned forever.
205 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »