Reviews for Tyrant
ulfark chapter 5 . 11/11/2013
i know the thing i'm about to ask is quite difficult but could you write some everyday life of the common soldier perspectives. right now its mostly macro events and individual reactions to it which are great but i would like to see them worked out in more detail. though i totally get why you dont, to do so would get your story bogged down and never go anywhere but still some scraps would be nice.

i would also like some smarter reactions from sirius' enemies. the goblins defeat was mandatory to consolidate his power but some detail on how he did it would be nice like the runespoor ploy. same with the dread king great setup but nothing but a cliffnote almost.

your story is smart and shows great character development over time i just want to see some on the enemies side as well to keep the balance. even a dictator needs his enemies which is probably why you stopped writing, you lost your antagonists.

as a suggestion for new enemies have him in charge for a year or two and then have public support erode and muggle's demand more and more sparking resentment among the wizards. i'm not advocating muggle vs wizards war but that would create a breeding ground for recruits for the dread king bringing him back into the game.

also possible is having sirius be forced to abuse his power to protect his loved ones. like bill weasley did something stupid and he had to cover it up to protect his rep among his soldiers. secrecy and corruption like that breeds enemies.

also give the continent a voice, you never expounded on their power structure after sirius saved them from the goblins. he seems to be in control but a foreigner in charge always sits uneasy with the local populace.

there is also war fatigue from his own soldiers that might get fed up with him constantly keeping one war or another going. in short you can still create new ones if you need to.
ulfark chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
great start to the story especially loved the subtle political battle. too many fics try to steamroll their way through the wizengamot if they have to by overwhelming show of force. which mostly includes blackmail or otherwise obtaining the votes or just bypassing them entirely.

they are too often painted as shortminded idiots who can never decide on anything without substance. to create the decision the author wants but you actually gave the factions well developed philosophies. where the reader can nod his head along as he reads rather than be just disgusted by the foolishness to make any actions of the mc more righteous.

hope to see many more chaps
FireAndSteel chapter 5 . 11/2/2013
One of my favourite fanfics. Hope to see this finished but I don't see that happening for some reason lol

The developing of characters is very good, though you only skimmed over Harry's apprenticeship and the circumstances behind it; I understand that there were bigger fish to fry though.

Hope to see some sort of update!
Annoy mouse chapter 5 . 10/18/2013
Oh god this is fcuking marvellous. You have my eternal gratitude for writing this wonderful, wonderful story. Thank you so much. It is glorious and I could not love it more without there being more of it to love. Please continue it someday. I will follow this for the rest of my life.
AllieOfGreenGables chapter 5 . 10/16/2013
I'm very impressed with this story. I'm rooting for Harry, of course, to become, what, Henrius Augustus? But I love how clever this is.
221Bfandomlocked4 chapter 4 . 9/15/2013
Please please please continue this story! I just reread it and I really love it! Especially how you show the change of each characters' thoughts and feelings overtime. (Such as Draco, Frank Longbottom, Sirius, and Ginny!) You can't just leave us there!
GEDOMAZO10TAILS chapter 5 . 9/3/2013
I loved this story, and I sincerely hope to see it updated one day. You are a fantastic writer.
ETR101 chapter 5 . 8/12/2013
Despite having almost no screen time this chapter, Harry is continuously showing why he is the best fucking character in this story. You've groomed him well. That man's a bonafide tactician, and he is looking pretty much like the Kongmin of this fic. Sirius has been great in this story as well.

I'm really getting addicted to the story concept of having a more proactive Sirius challenge the Wizarding world. Like Catsarecool's story (A Marauder's Plan) - this story is a bit similar. Your story is the more condensed version of that one, except your Harry is cooler but his/her Sirius Black is more charismatic. The betrayal, the twists and turns and the general flow of the story is amazing.

You receive nothing but praise from me.
ASocks chapter 5 . 4/12/2013
Hey there, I know it's been a long while since you last wrote this. But I'm really enjoying it, and I wondered if you would ever consider writing more. I don't mind too much if not - I'll just go check out your other works! Thanks for writing either way.
ASocks chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
I love how capable Black is in this fic, and the combination of him, Moody and Longbottom is delightful to behold! :D
Guest chapter 5 . 4/11/2013
I love this story
TimeofMagic75 chapter 5 . 4/10/2013
I wish you would continue updating!
MurphysLaw1812 chapter 5 . 3/11/2013
cool fic
thkrya17 chapter 5 . 2/28/2013
So there goes Sirius's plans for democracy? I do enjoy your gentle connections between Harry and Octavian Caesar, the historical character who fascinates me the most. I wish you would continue with this wonderful story but the long departure from it seems to tell me you will not. Oh well, this truly was an excellent piece.
Shadowface chapter 5 . 2/14/2013
I don't remember if i reviewed this story, but it's freakin awesome. I just wish there was more Harry.
214 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »