Reviews for Tyrant
Publicola chapter 5 . 1/13/2013
Okay, so it turns out I didn't dislike this nearly as much as I thought. In fact, I greatly enjoyed it. You've obviously patterned your version of Sirius off the life of Julius Caesar (and Harry off Octavian, who became Augustus Caesar), though there are necessary differences due to canon. Your fic has made me contemplate not just my own story, but my very political philosophy, due to the consequences of such widespread corruption and the difficulties in yielding power once given. Rowling's portrayal of the magical world is astonishingly depraved, so it is not at all difficult to imagine circumstances that might make a Caeser-type public figure possible or even necessary. Extraordinary story. I wish it hadn't been abandoned or put on hiatus.
Publicola chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
The politicking in this chapter is superb. I'll probably use it as a model for the political maneuvering in my own fic. The divergence point changes (Sirius arriving early, and leaving Harry with the Tonks) were equally well conceived. I have a feeling this fic will degenerate into something I wouldn't approve (the title and summary pretty much guarantee it) but so far I'm all in favor.
Sampaad chapter 5 . 1/8/2013
when will there be a new chapter?
blackshadow111 chapter 5 . 12/31/2012
Since this story is long abandoned, this review happens to be entirely pointless. Still, what has to be said has to be said.
Sirius's character is good, powerful. But the parallels to Caesar are a bit too strong.

I can already see a scene, where he dies, crying out "you too, Draco?"

There are other examples, with Remus Lupin as Mark Antony and Harry, of course, as Octavius.

Truly, it could have been great.

Oh and by the way, I'm gonna steal all your ideas.
221Bfandomlocked4 chapter 5 . 12/30/2012
This is so great and very well written! Excellent combo of Roman history and HP world! With Sirius being dictator, and how the legions are organized! Ancient Rome is my favorite historical time period, and Sirius is my favorite character! Please continue this! I can't wait to read more! Are you going to write a sequel?
jesusfreak100percent chapter 5 . 12/26/2012
Are you planning on continuing with this? Or is this supposed to be some type of open ending? Because it is very open, in that case. Would you consider adding to it? I read this story a long time ago, but re-reading it was great.

I have to admit, when you first mentioned Durin, I actually looked him up. I could only find LotR references, which seemed incorrect. But you cleared that matter up later. I actually don't know quite a lot of Roman history - at least, not of the individual rulers. I know a little of the culture and traditions. So this was interesting as it was entirely new and I did not attempt to draw relations between Roman rulers and the characters. But now I need to look up Roman rulers!

Please add to this. I would like to see how it turns out, and although I realise it is not a focus of the story, I would love to see Harry and Ginny together. Not even as a main point, but simply to have it happen. Also Harry and Tonks (or Nymphadora, as you call her) need reconciling still.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/3/2012
So GOOD
Benoit chapter 5 . 11/9/2012
This is perhaps the best written fic of it's kind. Please don't let it be abandoned forever.
karlii chapter 5 . 9/22/2012
Wonderful.. lol
Did you ever do a sequel? What became of Harry, Marius and Viktor? What did they do to move through the politics of Europe?
hehe... Oh.. the possibilities

Thanks for the entertaining story!
karlii chapter 3 . 9/21/2012
Great! I love how Siri has made himself Dictator.. hehe
karlii chapter 2 . 9/21/2012
I totally love it!
karmcmahon chapter 5 . 9/21/2012
Wow! This is a fantastic story, comparable to Emperor by Marquis Black. I do hope you update soon!
karlii chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Wonderful!
Hasegawa chapter 5 . 5/29/2012
wow. i feel like reading a heavy war story. this is truly awesome, even with my pea sized brain.

thank you for writing.
Debate4life chapter 5 . 5/20/2012
This is superbly written. I cannot overstate how pleasantly surprised I am by this fic. You've carved unique roles for characters, keeping them true to themselves without making the mistake of not allowing environmental factors to change them. I need to go- I have to go visit family- but I will alert this and review again in more detail at a future date.
213 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »