Reviews for Tyrant
InstigateInsanity chapter 5 . 10/14/2011
With this story, you, sir, have become one of my favourite fanfiction authors. The scope of your work is unbelievable - You've covered the better part of twenty years in just five chapters, and despite the occasionally massive time leaps between scenes you managed to do so in a way that was both elegant and believable.

Sirius' transformation from prankster teenager to dictatorial leader, beloved by the common people and loathed by those in power, is wonderful. What's more, to a degree it still fits his original persona - canon paints Sirius as a man with a rigid moral code, counterbalanced by a certain measure of ruthlessness and subtle cruelty (as displayed in the times we see him fight, as well as his willingness to kill those he sees as evil). Despite the horrible decisions he is forced to make in this story, he never loses sight of what he is fighting for, and as such retains both his honour and his integrity (in my eyes, at least). He's not entirely blameless, but he's doing the best he can with what he's been given - and with what he can take.

The relationships between your characters, and how they change and mutate, is fascinating. Sirius and Dumbledore's interactions are particularly fun to read.

My one criticism is the lack of line breaks, which can occasionally be quite jarring (that said, Fanfiction dot Net has a habit of eating line breaks, which I've been the victim of in the past, so I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt).

I can't wait for the next update. I'm off to read more of your work.

~InstigateInsanity~
scion.of.morbidity chapter 5 . 10/2/2011
You haven't updated in a while, but can I just say... Wow. This is bloody spectacular. If you read this, please continue writing. The politics of it all, as well as sirius' character are both done superbly well.

My only real problem is that there are no breaks between parts of the story which is disconcerting to read.

Please write more!

Claire.
Forever Rahhel chapter 5 . 9/5/2011
I liked the story a lot. Harry's characterization seemed really interesting as he really stands out in this world as a scholar who does not join the war efforts of his godfather. The Dumbledore interaction was also well done and didn't adhere to those usual clich├ęs.

Somehow it was rather odd and refreshing to see magic playing a backseat. Normally you see a lot spellcasting in fanfics, which is rather annoying and becomes pointless. Obviously this was done due to you having problems writing actions scenes in such a manner. The Voldemort fight was rather lacking.

I'm further surprised that the Dread King didn't play a bigger role then again that might have been a plotpoint for later. I assume the same goes for the Harry/Ginny interaction as those seemed rather shoehorned in and didn't add anything to Harry's characterization except for being a stupid teen for once in this story. You could have gotten the same effect with Tonks and used the sister angle, which would have added another more intricate layer to their relationship and the emotional turmoil Harry goes through.

I still don't get how the Draco Malfoy part happened. He grew up a Black his entire life and suddenly he changes. It seems like the Crouch incident was the turning point, but then there was the part when Sirius talked to him with the others when he recited Crouch's message to Sirius.

This chapter seems to be a good point to end this fic. The only real problems with doing so would be that you left out the explanation of Draco's turn to the enemy's side and the mess with Harry/Ginny that looks contrived.

Anyway, it was a nice read. Keep it up.
Magus1108 chapter 5 . 9/2/2011
I must say, this was a delight to read! I totally didn't see the ending coming. A shame it ended here, but I suppose all good things much come to an end.
e000 chapter 5 . 8/29/2011
Holy fucking shit. This is such an amazing story that I don't even know where to begin. I would just like to tell you that this work is thrilling, to say the least!

You haven't updated in over a year, so I don't have much hope...but puleease! Update!
JM0RIARTY chapter 5 . 8/14/2011
wow great story...

hope to get a update soon
The Red Fury chapter 5 . 7/22/2011
I was wondering if I could take on this story, as I enjoyed it and am deeply saddened that it seems to be discontinued. please send me a message with your reply.
CheesetothePower chapter 5 . 6/17/2011
Very good story, but when you update, will you put dividers or something similar up between scenes in a chapter. That would make reading the entire story easier.
Teufel1987 chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
I have to admit I was laughing my arse off at the idea of Mundungus Fletcher of all people being in the Wizengamot!

And I was practically breathless with laughter when he accused Slughorn of being drunk!
Palurien chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
Read this for the second time today, all I could hope for here is another update soon, it's that good.
habazu chapter 5 . 4/28/2011
i've just re-read the posted chapters of this story and it once again amazes me, i truly hope you find time and energy to continue because i think it's a wonderful story of quality, wit and intrigue unique in the world of fanfiction. regards from austria
elej chapter 5 . 3/10/2011
wonderful story! interesting how well this applies to harry potter. i also see a hint of a romance of the three kingdoms here, harry as zhuge liang, sirius as liu bei and frank as cao cao.
ElectroCyborg chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
Excellent Story. I've always wanted to read an magical empire story and this is the best I've found. Hopefully you've got more chapters for this story and if I remember my history Julius Ceaser was assassinated soon after being declared dictator in perpetuity.

However that would set up Harry as Augustus (Octavius) and Draco as Mark Antony, and that would be the major part of the story that I want to read.

I hope you update soon.
karthik9 chapter 5 . 2/8/2011
it is excellent chapter i look forward to future updates
K Krystine chapter 5 . 2/7/2011