Reviews for To Win You Back
cggirl3 chapter 10 . 9/23
I love this story so much! I believe you are now one of my favorite authors on fanfic as this isn't the first of yours I've read! Your writing style just makes me crave for more, keep up the good work!
Supreme Demigod Alpha CAT 137 chapter 1 . 7/31
Great story ever
naya chapter 38 . 6/21
I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH DUH
Ovidae chapter 15 . 6/1
Oh my goooossshhhhhh. I love this. They were like popcorn and now they popped. I loved it.
Ovidae chapter 12 . 6/1
my god, my Bya is being a little bit more sweet. I love it. Great chapter. Such cute moments.
Ovidae chapter 9 . 5/31
Oh my god! That was soooo cute. "You smell really good..."Oh my god, I basically died then. Yes! They're so cute.
Ovidae chapter 6 . 5/31
Awww! Okay, I liked this chapter. Maybe Byakuya enjoys Rukia's company more than he lets on! I love this.
Ovidae chapter 3 . 5/31
Yaaas! Bya and Ruki together. Idk. I'm enjoying this a lot. Let the games begin!
Ovidae chapter 1 . 5/31
Ayyyy,

I've never read a ByaRuki ff but I'm willing. I love the way you write! Oh my god, I cannot wait. From the reviews I've read (SPOILERS DOWN BELOW) I've gotten a really good vibe. I'll review as I go along, Author-san!
Bella Haze chapter 38 . 5/17
Ah, my emotions are on edge and I don't know how to start typing out my review... It was all so intense, so deep. I cannot help feeling an existential vacuum *cries disconsolately*

You have written something very special and full of meanings, this story is not about a simple but a very complex romance in which a high amount of emotional and moral burdens have weighted down the characters. I have to recognize your merit and the value of your work; I do believe you have talent and much more creativity :)

First off, because there must be something to start off with, I want to point out the psychological aspects in the story since you did not take the romance thing easy but you developed it to a large extent, unfolding all a weave of emotional conflicts, moral and social prejudices, taboos and a great deal of eroticism hovering above and along the plot. To Win You Back is a love story brimful with such a sensuality that is characteristic of the genre that it addresses: an illicit romance born in the restrained desires of two people who know that they cannot be together but still are incapable to dismiss what they feel. Aw, your byaruki is so passionate *heart* I have spent breathless days reading this ff and now I am like I cannot get over it is finished *sniff*

As I said, I dim your work as a very deep one considering it is only a fanfiction due to the themes that you risked to deal with. Although we are just talking about a manga couple, the tone of the story makes you look at it seriously given the level of emotional complexity that the characters have reached and the large process of evolving that they were put in through. No doubt, this is the strong point of TWYB; the characters went through many circumstances that made them shatter bit by bit until they found themselves nude and faced with their own feelings; feelings that were strange in the beginning, scaring and in the middle and stronger enough to overcome in the end. What I liked the most about Byakuya and Rukia is that they have accepted they loved each other even when that love meant a negative thing to them, and the maturity they have shown at assuming that their feelings were not to be an easy task to affront. Both characters have acted consequently and based on the principles of duty, the most marked feature they have in their personalities. There were some moments of ooc but these have not affected the plot, on the contrary, like I mentioned on other review, may the characters have needed this oocness to stand in situations that would help them fight their inner battles.

A clandestine romance adds a lot of spice to the meal, the first chapters have been delicious due to the secret nature of the relationship: all runs at the hostel’s house, in a little bedroom, and then the suggestive attraction between the handsome teacher and the timid student that blows it all at full blast. I mean, I was drooling throughout the whole story xD Your managing of the scenarios was awesome as well, since it is one of the strong points in your writing and you get to drag the reader into the atmosphere that you have created and drown it with a flood of images that are overwhelming and astonishingly enticing. I still have in mind the entire chapter of the funfair with the merry-go-round and the one of the dance in the school; these were magical chapters that I recall somewhat nostalgically. You have a special ability to gnaw at a reader’s heart like me with such sensible images.

I would like to quote a lot of scenes and lines that have taken me to the seventh heaven there and back; the lemons left me speechless, breathless, mindless! And not because of the smuttiness itself, but for the romantic and sooth, soft-hearted way to tell it. I will read TWYB over and over again to fall for this pairing on and on and on… Because you have for sure accomplished your goal: making people to fall for Byakuya x Rukia *heart*

Bleach has ended and it was bullshit. Renruki is cannon and it was bullshit. I prefer to illusion myself with ffs, nobody will set me off from byaruki shipping mood.

Thank you very much for this story, do believe me that I would like to say a lot of things more about it but I cannot get the words out, perhaps I should have had to wait some days ahead to comment on but just no, I really wanted to tell you how much I loved it. Really, really thanks :)

I hope you can finish Demons and Emperor, I would love to read those stories but I do not know if you are still writing and if you will be able to complete them. Anyway, it is a fact that I will still be hovering over your profile, enjoying the beautiful byaruki fanfictions that you have given to the fandom. Cheers!
Bella Haze chapter 31 . 5/15
I am really amazed at the turn the story has taken, I mean, what I least expected was that Hisana jumped into action D: When I first read her coming out I turned some disappointed because she's not a character which I'm fond of and I see her as an obstacle to the relationship between Byakuya and Rukia. We already know that she's dead but... as you said on one line up, it's Rukia who is with him now.

I'm sharing a quote from a byaruki one-shot that has been writen in spanish and which explains perfectly this situation: "I am the one here now, I am the one who needs you. It's been fourty years without her but it's been fourty years with me as well." (Rukia to Byakuya) And that is how it is indeed, Hisana has long passed by and Byakuya is not a man who gets stuck on the past, he has a lot of responsabilities and the weight of his social status on his shoulders. But most importantly, he has lived a long time with Rukia and you can easily think that she has taken over the place in his heart that was ocuppied by Hisana before. Because, even if it sounds painful to say it, I cannot believe that Byakuya still loves Hisana after all the time that has gone by since her death and even more when the time that he has spent with her has been so short in comparison to the long decades that he has lived along with Rukia :/ I think she didn't deserve him because she didn't love him back *angry mood* Or at least she didn't love him back the same way he did. Rukia so deserves him much more than Hisana!

Okay, turning back to the story, an encounter face to face between the two sisters is just awesome, due to now it is a matter of fight for love, and if you may find it somewhat cheesy it's not like that because the characters must face their sorrowful past and overcome it to go ahead; Byakuya and Rukia, mainly Byakuya, need to overcome Hisana's shadow to gain peace in their hearts and move forward.

All the Arrancar issue has been cleverly crafted as well, it feels like reading the pages of the manga. Even though, I'm missing the horny and slutty byaruki scenes xD Lol

Thank you very much for replying to my reviews, I feel so honored *goes Rukia's blushing mood*
Bella Haze chapter 26 . 5/14
Omg, I can't stop laughing! My cheeks must be as red as Rukia's XDXD Lol. True, this fanfic, besides being a byaruki story, is a big monument to Isshin Kurosaki :D Lol! Such a pervert man, all his scenes make me double up with laughter. Poor Byakuya, "Date?" XDXDXD Sorry, this review is such an icoherence but I'm all cracked up... xD
Bella Haze chapter 25 . 5/14
It's so funny that all this romance is taking place just at Ichigo's house XDXD Lol. Really, kinda bizarre XDXD

I would like to comment your author's note in the last chapter, since I took a peer at the reviews (though they're very, very old XD) and I feel like contributing with a little constructive critique, specially referring to the nature of the couple.

We have two complicated characters in this story, read it Byakuya and Rukia; if this was not enough, their very relationship is way even more complicated, since you can easily see the tension that there is between the two throughout the whole story in the manga, a tension that comes to light at the very moment of Byakuya's first appearance and which has kept on that way till their last scenes. Both Byakuya and Rukia are very reserved and introverted, there were only a few times when their emotions were taken up to the extreme. So, I think it is up to people to analyze the characters deeply and guess how they would perform at some circumstances. Byakuya is way too hard to approach due to he himself has build up a high wall of restrictions to hide his feelings. I write byaruki and tend to focus rather on him, hence that I pay special attention to the smallest attitudes of the character, that is the way I was able to catch a glimpse over some reactions that he has shown off and which recall of his youth behaviour. Here is where I agree with you when you base yourself on his teenage to depict some of his features, because everybody has a childish side that comes to light even if we struggle to repress it, and not even a fictional character as Byakuya Kuchiki was able to restrain himself in the end when As Nödt has defeated him. If you pay attention, that panel where Byakuya saves Rukia and Renji from that gigantic Thor shows off Byakuya deliberatedly hitting Renji's arm against a wall, and do not contradict me please when I say that was a pure and plain show of jealousy, I mean, please! Way too obvious.

He has some childish attitutes, it's a matter to pay attention XD And that is why I also believe that he would be possessive over a relationship, taking into account that he is very pride and, even so, whimsical. He always had what he wanted and he's self-conscious about that, hence that he is always admonishing those who do not respect his position and use the correct appelative, to say an example.

Rukia, totally agreeing with your point. She's a strong girl but she's not almighty, she can break down into pieces just like any girl of her age. She has fallen in love with the wrong boy, the prejuidces of society are overwhelming her and her own prejuidces do the same, it was ravaging and tragic to see her like that. But, I deem it as correct all this emotional conflict because you make the story more serious and make the readers fuze into the character's sentiments. You make them carnal, I say it again.

Ah... your fanfic is brimming over with sensuality, every chapter performs a deeper involving into the character's intimacy... You have writen something unique, I'm in love now, I love Byakuya and Rukia and their relationship is delicious. I do not want this story to end, I need To Win You Back be endless! *cries*
Bella Haze chapter 22 . 5/13
It is necessary to deepen in their feelings, then the story gains more emotional weight. Besides, you have come too far with the character's psychology and up to this point, it is indispensable to do so :)
Bella Haze chapter 17 . 5/13
I do feel Byakuya is out of character, specially in the latest chapters, but it is natural because the story poses a situation in where the character does not act based on the standards of the original story. Thus, the ooc is a justified resource for fanfiction writers, and if we get to discuss it, the fanfiction itself is the platform where we can set our imagination free in order to write stories about our favorite fictions. I support ooc as long as writers do not abuse of it, I find ooc satisfactory only when it justifies an action in the proper way that the character in question would do. That is why I'm still reading your story, because I feel curious about what point you are taking Byakuya up to, I want to see him to the extreme indeed. The character is getting shattered with every chapter I read but I do not deem this as wrong due to it is a way to lend him features that we may not see in the original story. And that is the fanfic 'thing' after all, you can extend over a lot of things and make the characters, somehow, go more carnal. I like it a lot when writers add realistic elements into their writings. As long as the character preserves its main and essential features there should not be any problem with it.

On my hand, I'm very intrigued by the emotional spin that this has taken and well, I cannot stop reading and going fascinated with all the eroticism that you have put in here, for sure. You may think I only want to flatter you but it is not like that, it's been a long while since I have read such a delightful erotic story; I mean, the last one that have caused this enticing effect on me was Lolita. And that is not a little thing to say XD

Cheers