Reviews for Love is a Battlefield
BeccaJoy chapter 16 . 2/7/2012
I loved this story so much, there are no words to describe it. I read Born To Die first (which I will probably reread after this) which lead me to this amazing story. I found myself wishing that Clove and Cato didn't have to die. I wanted them to win. I wanted their dreams to come true. Which is crazy because when I read the Hunger Games I hated them. Now I'm obsessed. You wrote this beautifully and I know you've heard it before but I truly believe that if Suzanne Collins read this she would be proud. Your writing is professional and perfect, the way you told the story never deviated from the original book once. The love story that you created for these two is special and different and perfect. This is hands down the best fan fiction I've ever read, and I've read some pretty good ones. The combination of staying true to the book, impeccable grammar, writing style and amazing story telling skills, not to mention I seriously cried throughout the last chapter... This review doesn't do this story justice whatsoever. I hope you write more about these two, or just more in general because I loved it, and so many others do! Okay I'm done rambling now!3
Fancy-Pants Lockhart chapter 16 . 2/7/2012
Wow, that story was incredible!
cosmosandgazania chapter 16 . 2/4/2012
So amazing! Very believable and realistic like all your stories. I so cried during the farewell scene. You have managed to create a vibrant district 2 world that I just want to know more about. You also fleshed out Cato and clove and making them more than cold and calculation. This is so canon for me. I love all your stories and I can't bring myself to finish cashmeres story since I know how it ends:) please continue to write and also am excited to see what do with your other new story about paylor.
The white tiger chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
I don’t know how many times I have read this story… trust me it’s a lot and I’m going to finally review.

‘Love is a battlefield’ was one of the first fan fictions I have read and now I can’t see district 2 any other way. It shows that careers do have emotions and a soul too and the way you played it out and everything was really good. You followed the events in the book perfectly and I can see Suzanne Collins reading it nodding her head.

Really good job...

The white tiger
Caitlin chapter 13 . 1/14/2012
I've re read this so many times, and i cry every time i reread it. ONE OF THE BEST STORIES ON THIS WEBSITE!
floofyMiko chapter 16 . 1/2/2012
This was amazing, totally believable. Your version of clove and Cato is now officially part of my hg headcanon haha. Tragic and wonderful... and I actually had no trouble connecting with clove to the point that I hoped she and Cato would make it and win, that what happened to clove at tthe feast couldve been avoided, even though I knew the tragic and inevitable end. Thanks for the awesome story.
Christina chapter 16 . 12/29/2011
This is such a beautifully written story of Cato and Clove! I really love how you've written them and shown how they're human too! I am incredibly sad that this story ended but I love that they do wind up together in the end! I can't find other Cato/Clove stories as captivating and beautiful as this one! You had me tearing up and loving this couple! You make me look for all the Cato and Clove moments when I go back to read Hunger Games hahaha!

Please PLEASE PLEASE write more stories about them since there simply aren't enough of them and I love the way you write them! Maybe something like if their plans really were coming along and Cato was mentoring Clove for her Hunger Games or anything at all! You've made me have a soft spot for such a great couple now! I love how you show their protectiveness over each other and it makes me feel all warm when I read about their protectiveness of each other! You've done such an amazing job and I really hope to see more please!D
Drina chapter 16 . 12/28/2011
I really loved this fanfic. When I was first reading The Hunger Games I was totally convinced that there was something between Cato and Clove. You have an amazing voice as an author and you should definitely write another Cato/Clove story. Maybe Catching Fire or something similar where they win THG or even a "prequel" of their life at the Training Center and how their relationship started. You had some flashbacks to Clove and Cato in District Two and it would be really cool to expand iose.
accioyourheart chapter 2 . 12/26/2011
(didn't finish-sorry!)

I loved this story so much. It was toooooo good. The characters were written well, and I loved the play between Marvel and Clove.

Everything was written so well- you did a fantastic job on this story! I'm going to show all my friends who doubt Clato, and I'm sure it'll convince them as well. Thank you for such a wonderful story- I look forward to reading more of your writing!
accioyourheart chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Just amazing. (I'm not sure if I've reviewed this story yet) this is my FAVORITE Clato fanfic- no my favorite fanfic period. I've always shipped Clato, but this story changed my perspective c
Amory Sparkly Bat chapter 16 . 12/4/2011
Oh my gosh I am almost crying too much to write a review right now. Your adaptations of the Hunger Game characters are so amazing... I will never be able to read the book again without thinking of this Cato and Clove as canon... If only it were an AU where they could win. I thought I adored Katniss and Peeta, but the deep love you created between Cato and Clove wrenched my heart in a way that I was practically screaming "Don't talk to her, Clove, just kill her!" This story is definitely finding its way into that little file on my harddrive where I save my very favorite fanfiction so that if it ever disappears off the Net for some reason I can still go back and re-read it and adore it. Thank you so much for writing this... It was wonderful.
AKAAkira chapter 16 . 10/30/2011
Overall, this was an excellent story.

The two parts most worthy of applause is the ballooning entirety of your Cate's and Clove's characters, motives, and actions, and how you managed to fit it all into the original story with no blemish in sight. I can confidently and truthfully say, "This is what the Career Tributes could have been", because I have backing me up the fact that you've left no evidence to the contrary even as you fully materialize their past and present.

The thing you probably could've done better was to expand even further in the numerous space you've left yourself. There was Clove's stylist (Ambrosia, I think?), who could've had a good story backing him up and a word of wisdom or two for Clove since you deliberately made him interesting enough to stand out from other Capitol citizens. And the Hunger Game itself seemed more oriented to simply tying up loose ends, especially more so after the announcement about the rule change; try to sustain the conflict, since you haven't even gotten to the climax yet, nevermind the conclusion. You could've thrown in a few more stuff for Clove to angst over, or to provide an unexpected challenge, preferably ones that can conclude with Clove's death meaningfully.

And as for Clove's, um, smashed head - I honestly doubt a blow of that ferocity would still let her speak. And I think you could've expanded on other stuff keeping that outcome in mind, though I won't get into detail here.

I'm sorta of divided opinion for where and how to end the story better. The place you were initially going to - Chapter Nine, I think? - felt like a good place, but thinking about it, it does leave the story unconclusive. This chapter accounted for the whole Hunger Games, but as mentioned it did drag out a little needlessly, with less action. Perhaps polishing the final few chapters would've done the trick. Same opinion divide on the epilogue - I'm not sure if switching the point of view was a viable idea, even if it was the epilogue and the main character was dead. Generally it's the inexperienced who switch because they can't keep all the details they want from one source. I'd suggest keeping Clove's POV constant and have her flash back if you really want the details of Cate's affections (and with great ghostliness comes great opportunity to screw the implicit rules, so you could have given her a mind-readingesque power if you wanted to). You could also have done third person if you only wanted to describe the action.

There were some sections, usually at the time skips, where I think it was appropriate to place a line break. Either that or a rewording. You've a bit of problem with its-it's differentiation - remember, one's a contraction and the other is a possessive. And you seem to have a personal vendetta against the word "focused" - you consistently, almost always I think, misspell it as "focussed".

That will be all. Tnanks for writing, and good luck with your stories.
Guest chapter 16 . 9/20/2011
I absolutely loved this story! Heck I love all your stories. Could you maybe write a alternate story of Love Is A Battlefield but Clove and Cato survive and have to go to the Quater Quell?
Clove2 chapter 11 . 9/5/2011