Reviews for She Will Always Have Laughter
girlblue chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Yay! This was great! I really think this would be an interesting ship, and I am rather surprised more people do not write it. Would you consider doing a long one about them? You should! Anyway, this was excellent. Very touching.
Gamma Orionis chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
I've never really liked Lavender much, but you made her quite relatable in this. She seemed a lot more like a slightly awkward teenage girl - which is what she is - than she is normally portrayed as. I also liked Bill very much. He was charming, he was relaxed - in other words, he was very much how he was in the books. I liked Lavender asking how long it took for him to be able to make jokes, because it's a very real question that people ask themselves and others. The only grammar-type error I noticed was that at the end, "Anytime" should have a quotation mark after it. That's just me nitpicking, though - great work!
Emmaplease chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Have you ever read a fanfic that was exactly what you were looking for? This was that, good stuff.
Toffrox33 chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
I think I have read this story before, quite a while ago... but I don't remember reviewing which is silly of me :/

Anyway, I really enjoyed this story. I normally read romance but every time I come across stories like these I always wonder why I don't read more friendship. The relationship here between Bill and Lavender is so natural and so sweet. I've always imagined all of the people at the Battle of Hogwarts sharing a bond after the event and this story perfectly captures that.

A beautiful piece of writing!

Toff.x
Narcissa-Weasly chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
Lately I have read kind of many stories with Lavender, and this one was really good! I also like how you deskribe Bill and the friendship between them. I don't understand how they can laugh at somethin so horrible, but I am glad that they do. Really good writing!
Reader-Writer-14 chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
Wow. That is one of the most original and well written things I have read. I never gave much thought as to how alike those two are. Both attacked by the same werewolf. Both lived. Both are scarred for life. It really makes you feel for Lavender and understand her pain, both inside and outside.
whatabeautifulmess chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
That was so very moving and emotive. I've seen a few fics like this, with Bill and Lavender after the War, but they all seem to get romantic and so I've never read any. This was a refreshing change, and I enjoy it immensely.

Everthing I've read by you has always been immpecably well-written, and this was no different. I think my favourite part was probably:

"And Lavender was—

Well, she was permanently scarred. Not so beautiful any more."

I loved your use of punctuation there. It made it so much more poignant and effective.

Each and every character was beautifully charcterised, especially Seamus (even though he wasn't there) and Bill. You added so much more depth to him than you see in the series, and that was lovely.
Penelope Fiction chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
Wow! I haven't read a Hurt/Comfort fic that wasn't romance in a very long time. I think you've just gotten me hooked.

I thought Lavender was a bit more serious than needed, but obviously after the Carrows she'd be...uneasy.

Great job.
thenewkait chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
This story is sweet. I find their relationship lovely. In the friend way and not anything weird. Also, I love how Lavender is with Seamus. I never thought of them together but now that I think of it, they would be perfect. Great story

~thenewkait
greencyanide chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
Truly beautiful. i loved their friendship, and it's really difficult writing a completely platonic relationship. you did a great job :)
RoseScor90 chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
At first, when i saw that this was a Bill Lavender friendship fic, i didn't get how you were going to make it work.

i've read many post war lavender fics but they always centered around Seamus and this was a refreshing change.

and the quilt alligory was very deep. the way you had portrayed lavender was wonderful.

all in all, i enjoyed reading it thoroughly!
londongrammar chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
I utterly adored the description of the quilt and the insight it gives into Lavender's 7th year. I also love how you made her the one with a wounded face, because she was the girl who was most obsessed by good-looks and such.

I thought it was kind of sweet that Bill would do such a thing, but I see how it makes sense, seeing as he's been in the same position.

All-in-all a truly wonderful fic!
Henrietta Frances chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
I loved this, a beautiful friendship. I loved how they were able to make one another laugh through all of the pain.
CrayonQueen18 chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Aw... That was sweet. Bill was greatly in character, and Lavender was very human, very believeable. I laughed, I cried... Brilliant work.
mackgirl chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
Great job. There were so many things I liked about this, how Seamus was spending is money to buy Lavender pretty things. How Lavender could joke about the Carrows and how Bill visits her. Loved the jokes Bill made about being attacked and how he made sure to pat or kiss her mauled side. This was very touching.